• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

I've been having problems with my supervisor at work. The whole place is actually kind of dysfunctional, so employee morale is low anyway.

My supervisor takes every chance he can to belittle me for no good reason. He's always adding smug comments about me being confused or foolish when he is the one who has no clue because he doesn't listen to anybody.

I have been praying about it, and am determined not to revert to my old "nice guy syndrome" routine of just keeping my mouth shut when I know that would just lead to more abusive behavior on his part.

I prayed for a few specific things over the past month:

- For the Lord to show me what my flaws are in the job. To show me what I've been doing wrong before I go blaming others, so I can correct them. I have actually adjusted some of the ways I do certain tasks, which others have appreciated. I also keep in contact with the different departments on a regular basis so everyone is on the same page and there are no surprises. Still, my direct supervisor is a jerk and and the guy above him is sort of apathetic, but at least tells it like it is in a respectful way towards employees. I know I do a good job and that they benefit form me being there.

- I also pray for the opportunity today to sit down and talk with my supervisor and put my concerns tight there in front of him like I did a few weeks ago. The problem is that he is an expert at being evasive and passive-aggressive with the way he handles things. He quit bugging me for awhile after the last time I pointed out the way he tried to embarrass me into submission, or whatever his control issues are, and that I worked hard for him an commanded more respect than that.

- I pray for the strength to walk away. To resign immediately if I come to the conclusion that he will ever change. That the place will never get any better, even with my efforts. I'll worry about a new job when I have to.

I'm not conceded or anything, but I am good at my job and something that the Lord has instilled in me is a strong, sensible work ethic. I have been very humble about it, though. Maybe too humble. I also get the feeling that they want me to feel undeserving so they don't have to pay me any more. They want someone who can do the job, but without having to compensate them appropriately.

I've heard rumors that the bonus structure is very lucrative for management that way. The place is actually in the red and has been for awhile, but the billionaires who own it like having the place for the prestige, and the tax write off. They are piping money in each month to cover the deficit that wouldn't be there if it weren't for those bonuses. They make enough in interest on their investments to be able to do so. That's also why I think it's a dysfunctional company.

Not my problem, though. I have paid my dues and have proven myself to be a reliable and dedicated employee. I have a lot going for me, good credit now (praise God) and some money saved. It will be their loss.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I would plede you to stay with your job even though things are hard, I went through the exact same thing and even though I felt I was right in quiting for not wanting to work with such rude and sinful people, I put myself through some very hard times and regreted quiting without seeking GOD first. There are some verses I wanted to share with you but I will add them later since I am going to get off this computer right now. BUT PLEASE don't quit unless GOD tells you to!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I've been having problems with my supervisor at work. The whole place is actually kind of dysfunctional, so employee morale is low anyway.

My supervisor takes every chance he can to belittle me for no good reason. He's always adding smug comments about me being confused or foolish when he is the one who has no clue because he doesn't listen to anybody.

I have been praying about it, and am determined not to revert to my old "nice guy syndrome" routine of just keeping my mouth shut when I know that would just lead to more abusive behavior on his part.

- For the Lord to show me what my flaws are in the job. To show me what I've been doing wrong before I go blaming others, so I can correct them. I have actually adjusted some of the ways I do certain tasks, which others have appreciated. I also keep in contact with the different departments on a regular basis so everyone is on the same page and there are no surprises. Still, my direct supervisor is a jerk and and the guy above him is sort of apathetic, but at least tells it like it is in a respectful way towards employees. I know I do a good job and that they benefit form me being there.

- I also pray for the opportunity today to sit down and talk with my supervisor and put my concerns tight there in front of him like I did a few weeks ago. The problem is that he is an expert at being evasive and passive-aggressive with the way he handles things. He quit bugging me for awhile after the last time I pointed out the way he tried to embarrass me into submission, or whatever his control issues are, and that I worked hard for him an commanded more respect than that.

- I pray for the strength to walk away. To resign immediately if I come to the conclusion that he will ever change. That the place will never get any better, even with my efforts. I'll worry about a new job when I have to.

I'm not conceded or anything, but I am good at my job and something that the Lord has instilled in me is a strong, sensible work ethic. I have been very humble about it, though. Maybe too humble. I also get the feeling that they want me to feel undeserving so they don't have to pay me any more. They want someone who can do the job, but without having to compensate them appropriately.

I've heard rumors that the bonus structure is very lucrative for management that way. The place is actually in the red and has been for awhile, but the billionaires who own it like having the place for the prestige, and the tax write off. They are piping money in each month to cover the deficit that wouldn't be there if it weren't for those bonuses. They make enough in interest on their investments to be able to do so. That's also why I think it's a dysfunctional company.

Not my problem, though. I have paid my dues and have proven myself to be a reliable and dedicated employee. I have a lot going for me, good credit now (praise God) and some money saved. It will be their loss.

Hi Big Time

This move will give you the ability to advance into a higher position! Im just curios as what you do at your place of employment? God will supply you with another job just believe he is good at suppling all our needs. This could be a chance for you to advance in something else. God Bless and good luck! ;)

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

If you feel led by God to quit this job. Do it.

But, if it were me, I would wait until I had another job lined up.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

If you don't like your job, then look for something else, but its a big gamble to quit your job without another job lined up. Your best bet is to interview with other employers and then put in your notice once your hired with one of them.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

been there and done that......

got my paycheck on friday, after a week of having 1.5 hours one day (didn;t even cover the cost of the gas t oget there and back) and two half days...... I paid my electric bill, and did not have any left to put gas in my truck to go to work on monday......

so I was unemployed save for a few odd jobs, for a month and half, hard to tithe but did it anyways..... then got an interview, and was told they would offer me 15 an hour..... a week later i was stil waiting, and i was calling about it..... and still not getting any reply....... it took two weeks but when i got the job, I was given 17.40 to start...... while on the 90 day probation period..... THANK YOU JESUS......

stick with the Lord..... trust in Him......

mike

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

hay big time :)

i had read what you had shared and i understand wear your heart is at but before you make a fool out of your self have you got a union rep you can talk to by me asking this their are laws prottecting workers like you from harrasment by bosses why i am saying this i also have had to hire workers under me when i need help as i am a comercial cleaner and i hold my own abn number that means i have to abide by the laws that are placed on bosses and i do not even do this with my workers

i have been in the same situation as you to wear the bos was being rude yet i acted and i see the way i acted did not help in the long run even though i made my point very clear on how people working for a boss should not be treated like this

i am the type of guy that is gentle and wil almost put up with anything that is said yet i go by these rules expect to be treated the same if you are going to do this to wear you just become a stand up man to wear you put fear in your workers i got this from my dad and its a bad thing which i dealt with it as my last boss did this and i put him down in front of his workers and his staff in his office i know i could have handled this in a difrent way but i was not a christian and i regret what i did too the boss but he learnt not to treat his workers like dirt as i was the only one that had the guts to stand up to him even if it meant me losing my job i could not handle seeing others walked over like this

i was told he got the sack as sevral others took my stance after seeing how weak he was and he had to also pay back pay as well

hear in my country their are laws set and if you have a comlaint you can cal the watch dog that has been set up by this goverment to prottect workers like your self and the watch dog does all the investigating and sticks up for the workers

we have this in australia which is called ir a laws in your country wear you live your union should be able to sort this out for you if you feel he is doing this but you wil also have to write up a facts report with dates and what has been said to you for your union to look into

even if you leave your job you can get your boss investigated so as he does not do this to others but the other workers wil have to be brave and be willing to speak up

when i hire a person i sit down with them run over the rules and i also tel my new employee that their is to be no violence on this sights we work on and he or she is to respect the other workers i am a very fair boss

i do also a criminal back ground check on my staff as the sights i work on people leave personal belongings in their offices and some times money is also left with mobil ph and if i am to give a cleaner the master key which is one key that opens up every single door and even every single office i want to make sure i can trust the person as some times i wil leave a cleaner on a sight by them selves that means they get the alarm code and the security that patrol the sight are told of the new cleanner i have hired i only do this when i am shown they can be trusted and nothing wil be stolen as sometimes you are working on your own

i hear you big time and i see wear your heart is at but please first talk this out with your union rep

i hope al goes wel and i hope by what i have said helps you

from your brother in the lord damien

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

Just make sure you are doing it for your betterment and not just out of spite to "Stick It To The Man" so to speak because if you think that just because you leave that they are going to be lost without you and that the company is going to fold up you got another thing coming. One thing I learned many many years ago is that no matter how good you think you are at your job and no matter how bad you think the company will be if you leave EVERYONE can be replaced.

I know you said you prayed to God about the situation and I have no reason to doubt that's the truth but I also know that sometimes when we pray about personal things such as this we often tend to get the answer we are looking for instead of what God really wants. In other words you might pray for it but you pretty much have your mind made up on what you're going to do before you even take it to God and you just do so to make yourself feel better about the decision you have made.

As far as having good credit and some money saved up don't fall into that trap like I did. I was in the exact same situation you were thinking that I could quit and I'd be financially stable until somethingelse came along and it was almost 2 years before I found another job for someone with my skill set. Jobs are very very very hard to come by these days and while you may think that you have an advantage over other people that is only satan playing off your ego. Trust me dude stay where you are and instead of letting the boss get to you just kill him/her with kindness, make him/her look like the jerk not yourself. If God didn't think you could handle the situation he wouldn't have put you in it to start with.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

Also I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you are probably between the ages of 18-25 and this is only the first or second job that you've ever had.

Am I Right??

Edited by Shad