• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

my guess is that maybe she was a fraud or had very minimum connection to the supernatural. She might have been used to drumming up some convincing fakery for her other clients, and THIS time, when it REALLY worked, and she wasn't expecting it, she got frightened. My thinking is that maybe she knew it was not her power that did it, and that she was terrified because this was the first time she was not in control of what her clients saw and heard.

To me, that makes the most sense. She wasn't really expecting Samual's spirit to appear. :emot-giggle:

Wow, AvinJade, your story gave me chills. Esp. this part:

The pastor called out to the demon and commanded it be gone in His name. The facial features dissolved away into the ugly face of a demon before it disappeared.

And this is right on the money:

Dont be fooled by ghosts. They are demons. They have a purpose to deceive people into a false conception of the afterlife. Their purpose is to lead people away from the Lord.

:emot-giggle:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

I would say I believe in ghosts, though I've never actually "seen" a ghost. I don't know what a ghost is. I don't know if every paranormal activity that happens within a "haunted house" is a demon.

However, apparitions have been a part of every culture since...probably historic Athens. There is mention of ghosts in the Bible...but it never actually says what a ghost is, and the references to "ghosts" are too few and far between for us to make assumptions. Obviously some of them are demonic...but I don't know if all are. And obviously we are supposed to stay away from trying to communicate with any of the dead.

Ghosts obviously existed in the Bible though because the disciples had to be convinced twice that they were not seeing a ghost. When Jesus walked on the water, they were all convinced it was actually an apparition walking to them. And then after Jesus was resurrected they had to be convinced again that Jesus was not actually among the walking dead.

I enjoy watching ghosthunters on the scifi channel. I like that they try to debunk a "haunting" and I like that they rarely ever say that a place is actually haunted. They look around, they present the evidence, and they're done. I like that they don't have psychics walking around trying to communicate with the dead. I do not like some of the ghost hunter shows...like the one on...I think it's A&E...I can't stand the woman who walks around with eyeliner that looks like it's been heavily tattooed...and trys to tell everyone that she "feels" the ghost and that the ghost is trying to "tell" her something. Ugh...some people are just dying for attention.

I would say I believe in ghosts, though I've never actually "seen" a ghost. I don't know what a ghost is. I don't know if every paranormal activity that happens within a "haunted house" is a demon.

However, apparitions have been a part of every culture since...probably historic Athens. There is mention of ghosts in the Bible...but it never actually says what a ghost is, and the references to "ghosts" are too few and far between for us to make assumptions. Obviously some of them are demonic...but I don't know if all are. And obviously we are supposed to stay away from trying to communicate with any of the dead.

Ghosts obviously existed in the Bible though because the disciples had to be convinced twice that they were not seeing a ghost. When Jesus walked on the water, they were all convinced it was actually an apparition walking to them. And then after Jesus was resurrected they had to be convinced again that Jesus was not actually among the walking dead.

I enjoy watching ghosthunters on the scifi channel. I like that they try to debunk a "haunting" and I like that they rarely ever say that a place is actually haunted. They look around, they present the evidence, and they're done. I like that they don't have psychics walking around trying to communicate with the dead. I do not like some of the ghost hunter shows...like the one on...I think it's A&E...I can't stand the woman who walks around with eyeliner that looks like it's been heavily tattooed...and trys to tell everyone that she "feels" the ghost and that the ghost is trying to "tell" her something. Ugh...some people are just dying for attention.

Well, the Bible makes it clear that after one dies, you don't get to come back. There will be judgment.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27)

After this it's heaven or hades...no earthly haunting allowed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

A lot of the ghosts out there have to do with familiar spirits. You here stories all the time of people thinking they are talking to their dead loved ones. :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

I don't believe that ghosts are the actual souls of people walking the earth as the undead. I believe that once a person dies, physically their body lays in a ground or wherever they happen to end up...and their soul goes to heaven or hell.

I think alot of times our minds play tricks with us, and we actually experience paranormal activity without an actual "ghost" being present. That's why I'm always careful not to say that all activity is demonic, because I don't believe that.

For example...my dad is a pastor, my mom is the typical pastor's wife, and we were typical pk's (ha ha)...when our dog died, we often heard her walking around even though she wasn't there anymore. We would hear her toenails on the tile floor in the kitchen, and we would hear her collar jingling in the backyard...we'd turn around and nothing was ever there of course. Do I believe that Sneakers was actually walking around as an undead spirit? Nope. But since we all heard it from time to time, I would be more likely to say that it was our mind that caught onto the paranormal. I do not believe that it was a demonic presense that was playing tricks on us.

Now...I do believe that there is paranormal activity that can be contributed to "call me legion, for we are many." I like the Amytiville Horror House. If you go back and listen to some of the interviews from the family that inhabited the house when it was "haunted," they will admit that they were involved in a wierd religious practice that involved meditation and levitation. They also admit that if anything was happening in the house, they were the ones who opened the doors. The people that reside in that home now say that they have never experienced any paranormal activity within.

So...I believe that some "ghosts" are the actual work of Satan. However, I don't believe that everything we contribute to "ghosts" and the paranormal is demonic.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

Well said, LossForWords.

The dead have nothing to do with the living. Luke 16:19-31 makes this plain. In fact, the rich man was told it was basically impossible for him to cross over into the land of the living, verse 26.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

It Is Funny How You Will Never Heard A Demon Talker Calling Down Old Brother Elijah.

:24:

:24:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/19/1989

I actually agree with the original poster; that ghosts are basically just demons who are impersonating the image of a deceased person. For instance, people report being able to see ghosts that actually look like people, but are probably just demons impersonating the dead. If I ever see a "ghost," I'll pray to the Lord to remove it.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I believe they are demons. It's funny, I saw this supposed ghost show and this family thought at first that their son's speaking to a ghost boy was innocent, till the boy became what we would call possessed, then momma had the thing manafest before her eyes.

It is a demon.

We should always take authority of anything like this in our homes- cast that thing out in Jesus name!!