• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

God first in EVERYTHING,put God in his proper place as #1 in your life,finance ect.....,God should be above all,including ourselves.

"Put God in His place..."and that is by money/finaces?! lol

i tried to look at your profile to find out your age.

how old are you? ive been curious.

Why is putting God first in your finances funny? The bible talks more about offerings than it does tithes because the tithe is something that should be a no brainer. read Hebrews chapter 7. Abraham tithed before the law was put in place. It's just something you do, no questions asked. Jesus even references that we ought to tithe in Matt 23:23.

Walking in victory

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

I know the bible states that we are to tithe 10% of our income by question is are you supposed to tithe 10% of each weekly check or 10% of your combined yearly salary??

Tithing is an area that is very rarely met by Christians....

if all church goers would tithe on their increase, there would be no need for bake sales, fund raisers, welfare, srs, or even social security.... nor would there be a need for missionaries to be going from church to church to find support going over seas some where.....

other then money.... should we also be tithing our time???? that would mean that we give no less then 2.4 hours every day to the Lord..... most church goers do not even give that time a week by going to church on Sunday.......

just something to think about....

we teach that we are to give the tithe off of our first fruits, not what is left over..... if a paycheck is a monthly check, then as soon as the check comes in then the first 10% goes to God.... write that check first.... then do the yourself 10% and then do the house, elect, water, gas, car fuel...... so forth and so on.... .GOD FIRST.... if it is an annual check then do the same, if it is a weekly check then also do the same, the first tithe.....

mike

"God first" with money?

This is definately the message that religion sends.

absolutely, God first with your money, time family, employment.... everything, not just money.....

if a person is serious about it, they will experience attacks.... cause satan does not want you to place God first with anything...... even money.....

one peticular church fellowship I use to belong to, had a bunch of very well to do people..... I was grossing about 200 bucks a week..... knowing the other members/people that attended this church fellowship, i was the lowest paid person in the church.......

the annual budget for that fellowship was such that if every "active" member (those that are official members and attend at least twice a month) would give just under 12 dollars a week, the annual budget would be exceeded...... this church fellowship was suffering, they had a very difficult time meeting their monthly needs, the pastor would give back to meet the utilities, he was one of the lowest paid pastors i have ever known.......

this church fellowship did not give any to missions, they could not meet their promise of so much a month to the shelter, they gave nothing to outreach, they had nothing to give to anything.... they sold their 15 passanger van, cause the insurance and tags were too much for their income.... the gas, oil and other maintenance things were being donated.... by loosing their van, they no longer had any young people coming, they also did not have any adults that did not drive coming..... they have since had to start going into the trust funds, set up for certain things for the church, for with out doing that, the church would fold and have to be classified as a mission church or just plain shut the doors... as a mission church they no longer have their own board, and have no say in what goes on.....

they youngest person in this church fellowship is now over thirty years old...... and the income is dwindling as well as the population......

sure, you can think you are placing God first, but if He does not have control over everything in your life, then who does?????

stewardship is not just with money, but with time, energy, and other assets that God has given us...

2.4 hours a day is a tithe of time to come to 16.8 hours a week..... how much do you think you give? do a self check... (being on this board does not constitute time given to God.....)

10% of our cash, not much..... it is said that if we do not give according to our means, then God will adjust our means according to our giving...... hmmm...... I know, 10% of $2000.00 a week is a lot of money, $200.00....... that is a hard check to write..... would it be easier to write a check for 10% of $200.00? or maybe even $100.00?

God is the rightful owner of the van we drive, and the truck in the driveway, and the houses.....yes, houses, like in multiple houses.... one house is dedicated for the work of the Lord, it is a place for people to come and pray or study .... they can even come and spend time in prayer and fasting should they choose to...... out of 9 houses, we live in one, and rent all the rest except SHILOH.....

God owns all the houses, and if He should choose, He can take them away from us just as easily as He gave them to us..... depending on our stewardship.......

my personal assets???? a few changes of cloths, and those too shall pass away.......

God Is Good...... He has pointed us to a place that makes tents, this is a new avenue that He is leading us down.... we just do not know where it will take us except on a wonderful journey....

Give everything over to God..... forget religion, religion is dead, CHRIST IS ALIVE......

mike

if we do not tithe, how are the missionaries to be supported? how is the building going to be paid for? how are improvements or even just repairs to be done on the building? how is the pastor(s) going to survive? we do not need priest (pastors)???????? we donot wish to worship in a building???? or maybe we should just do open air meetings? who will go? who will go over seas and fund the trip out of pocket and then stay for years with no support from home? for that matter, why pay money to the missionaries???? maybe we should also do away with the prayer support that we give them aswell????

lets do some abbracadabbra hockuspockus and have the medicine and cloths and books and other things needed to render aid to the people our missionaries are tending to.......

obedience over sacrafice.......

has any one really counted the cost of serving the Lord????? actually know what it means to give it all to Him????? what price are you willing to pay? do you know what it takes?

does anyone????

mike

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

[

2.4 hours a day is a tithe of time to come to 16.8 hours a week..... how much do you think you give? do a self check... (being on this board does not constitute time given to God.....)

If a person reads something that renews their faith, finds new insights in scripture, is brought to Christ, or turns to God in prayer for others as a result of text on WB, that's not time given to God?

:P

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I know the bible states that we are to tithe 10% of our income by question is are you supposed to tithe 10% of each weekly check or 10% of your combined yearly salary??

I believe that tithing was an Old Testament command. Jesus Christ told us that he loves a cheerful giver. We are to give from the heart.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I do tithe but I believe God would still love me as much if I didn't. For me its just an opportunity to show him that money is not my security. These days I'm not making that much so I doubt if my tiny little 10% matters but I want God to know and feel my love and its an easy way to do it. I trust him with my provision kinda thing. I don't care about having alot of stuff because stuff takes maintenence and it ends up owning you after a while. I will confess that I would like a Jeff Beck model statocaster but if I don't get it I'll be fine. If I do get it I would like it to be navy blue with a maple neck and jumbo frets. If the Lord insists on me having one I won't complain. I promise!

Dan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

I believe that tithing was an Old Testament command. Jesus Christ told us that he loves a cheerful giver. We are to give from the heart.

I just want to quickly state that Jesus shed his blood for us and was the ultimate sacrafice for our salvation, BUT Jesus said he came to fulfill the prophecy of OT not to destroy it. So- if God commands a single, individual to tithe, stop eating a certain food, drink, or cross the street. Its God's commandment to that person, alone. We are NOT to judge the Lords commandments. & those commandments could vary for the believer, it is according to the Lords will, regardless of how we feel about it- actually doesnt matter in the slightest how we feel.

"Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God." 1 Corin 7:18-19

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

[

If a person reads something that renews their faith, finds new insights in scripture, is brought to Christ, or turns to God in prayer for others as a result of text on WB, that's not time given to God?

:whistling:

that is what we are suppose to be doing with our lives.... all the times...... personal time with God, prayer closet time, prayer time, seeking time..... how much time is given to GOD....

mike

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Thanks. Technology (computer, phone, print) doesn't remove God, thankfully.

As for tything, it's something I've been working towards the past fifteen years. Slowly getting there.