• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

I know the bible states that we are to tithe 10% of our income by question is are you supposed to tithe 10% of each weekly check or 10% of your combined yearly salary??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

10% of weekly or yearly might ad up the same in the end I think.

Other folks are free to commit, as I know they will, but a persons tithing of income is only part of it.

Income,monetary and food donations, good deeds I think are all forms of tithing, and I don't think we should get all hung up on the old 10% thing. Although thats a good place to put the minimum.

How christian would it be to ignore a persons need of a coat, because you already gave at the office? This is not to say you would do such a thing, but to illustrate my point.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Yes, a tithe can be anything. You can tithe food, clothing, or you can tithe money. The point is what's on you heart, not a certain percentage. The New Testament believers are not mandated legally to tithe a certain percentage as either a maximum or a minimum.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

Our tithing changes week to week. I think the 10% standard is a little outdated, give what you freely and joyfully can. And giving clothing household items and your time is all included.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

If you are going to give a tithe...it's ten percent of your income (BEFORE TAXES!! *GASP*) Tithe actually means a tenth.

If you are going to just give offerings, it's whatever you decide to give.

I give tithe and offerings. Meaning we tithe from our paycheck, and then we give a little over our tithe as offerings.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

Everything belongs to God. He is not poor, he does not need money. God wants compassion from his people. Do not think your giving ends with the tithe, Jesus gave us more than 10%. He is our example.

The tithe is 10% of everything you have (money, time, everything). This is what God has asked us to return to him from what he has given to us. None of what we have is ours, it belongs to God. He gave it to us. He asks for a small part in return to use in ministering to those in need. Give from what you have, give more when you can. Sometimes you may be lead to give more, it belongs to God who are we to hold back from God. God promises to bless everything we have when we tithe. We should want to give our tithe, and when we give it we should be happy to give it to God as praise.

It is a good feeling to know that the money you have will be used to bless others. Maybe your money will be used to bring others to God, maybe your money will be used to keep the church building warm, or cool (a blessing to those who enter.) God's church is supposed to bless the world. God has given 10% from his believers to ministering to the world. If we don't tithe we are holding that blessing from the world that needs God, and we are keeping it for ourselves. God wants to bless the world thru you, and me. I want to be part of that.

Edited by Agape_CTL

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

I always give a tithe of 10% off my wages then any offerings I give after that, which can be time, money or whatever I am able to give.

I think everyone has to do what the have peace with its between them and God at the end of the day.

GBU

:P

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421

The tithing laws were a part of the Mosaic Law Covenant.

Abraham gave tithe to Melchisedec b4 Moses ever existed much less b4 The mosaic law covenant.

I did not say that but quoted Shad as saying that. What I did say was that I agreed with Shad, and still do. The fact that tithing existed before the covenant with Moses does not change the relevance of what tithing meant in the time of Moses, and how it was superseded, replaced, taken over by the once and only and finished for ever sacrifice of Jesus Christ for us on the cross.

But I agree that it was the custom to tithe before Moses, and thank you for pointing that out.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/20/1983

I know the bible states that we are to tithe 10% of our income by question is are you supposed to tithe 10% of each weekly check or 10% of your combined yearly salary??

The answer to your question is, 10% of expected and unexpected income. What I would do is, if I know I get paid weekly or biweekly, before I spend ANY money, (it's 10% of your net pay), I'd separate that money from the rest of the money I spend on myself. Also, it is good to give offerings with your tithing. If you are a believer of sowing and reaping like I am, you would understand the principle of planting financial seeds to reap (money) if that is what you desire. It's not using god for all he has, but it's a system. The offering is what god blesses, as giving a tithe to god is what opens up the channel for god to bless us. So the tithe comes first, then the offering. That is why it is so important to be a consistent tither. The lord said in his word, "Bring the tithe to the storehouse, so that I may open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing, so there won't be room enough to receive it."

He's referencing the fact that the tithe and offerings (both given in faith and with a good heart and attitude, mind you), are what sets god in motion to bless his children. That was a longer answer than I expected, but it's 10% of your earnings depending on your pay period. If you make a yearly salary, then it's 10% of that net pay. If you get paid weekly, then it's that.

Hope that helps.