• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

let me ask you a question......

if you do not believe in the rapture, do you believe in the resurrection?

mike

if this is addressed to all persons who said they can't believe in the rapture, then allow me to respond to this question. God's word is crystal clear on the resurrection of the saints. it is far from clear about the rapture. i'm pretty sure we are discussing the so-called secret rapture that is speculated to occur prior to the Last Day (as in 7 years before the return of Christ to visibly rule). if i am mistaken about the subject matter, i guess the OP will let me know and i may change my answer.

the Sadducee's did not believe in the resurrection.... they were also suppose to be scholars.... yes, the Word is clear, on both counts...... if it were secret, it would not be known to anyone.... far from secret..

mike

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

let me ask you a question......

if you do not believe in the rapture, do you believe in the resurrection?

mike

if this is addressed to all persons who said they can't believe in the rapture, then allow me to respond to this question. God's word is crystal clear on the resurrection of the saints. it is far from clear about the rapture. i'm pretty sure we are discussing the so-called secret rapture that is speculated to occur prior to the Last Day (as in 7 years before the return of Christ to visibly rule). if i am mistaken about the subject matter, i guess the OP will let me know and i may change my answer.

the Sadducee's did not believe in the resurrection.... they were also suppose to be scholars.... yes, the Word is clear, on both counts...... if it were secret, it would not be known to anyone.... far from secret..

mike

Wow, I see beliefs differ. The way I see it, it's somewhat irrelevant. Nothing changes. I still must get ready for his coming in life and death. At whatever point I'll be taken to be with Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Back circa 30 A.D. Jesus said "Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand". Circa 33 A.D. He said "This generation shall not pass..."

Significant number of other Scriptures like that {1 Thessalonians 4--"WE who are alive and remain}. Revelation-"which must SHORTLY come to pass". Could you honestly go the the church at Thessalonika today [assume it is/was still there] and wholeheartedly exhort them to wait for "The Rapture"? 1900 plus years after Paul wrote that?

Have read a great number of commentaries trying to explain this now more than 1900 year delay, finding none satisfactory to me that takes into account ALL Scripture. Have encountered a number of endtime views, kind of all that seem to be currently argued for, that kind of add/subtract from The Word of God. To me, suggest caution-Jesus and the Scriptures give many warnings about deception. Have a few ideas which I must/will keep to myself and keep meditating on. "We see through a glass darkly".

By a non-trivial study of The Word of God from Genesis 1:1 thru Revelation 22:21:"The" Rapture and The Second Coming happened in the 1st Century. But it didn't. To me, right now, both are true-impossible, but...

To me, one really needs to study and meditate deeply on that and not "yell and scream" that "oh, you are one of those ___________ {insert preterists,amillennialists, "not rightly dividing the word of truth","that overthrow the faith of some", devils, demons, Satan himself,...}.'Everyone competent KNOWS that "time, times, half a time"=3 and one-half years'. Maybe so-not me. Past being sick of the "proof by assertion/derision/intimidation" that so many commentators use. To me, until one can get ALL Scripture to harmonize, OR admit that all Scripture does not really harmonize but this is my best view, one should shun a rigid view that makes your "opponents" poopyheads. That tries to make them such-to me, kind of makes you a poopyhead. But anyway. :noidea:

Don't recommend thinking too deeply, though, unless you want to end up crazy like I did back around 1992 trying to harmonize this. Not that you would, but have heard that much better people than I have. God Himself told me {via 1John 4:2} "You were insane" then almost instantly, partially, healed me. Vowed to myself never ever again to study the EndTimes-the blackness and pain way too horrible/painful with no way out. No way out ever. But The LORD had other plans.

Peace.

Edited by ajesuschrist_mathetes