• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

:thumbsup: when will politicians realize there has to be some type of accountability for the waste of taxpayer's money before we will initiate a new tax if given the opportunity?

politicians may think the easiest money to spend is taxpayer's money, but the working people do not.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i could think of a half dozen threads where your post would have appropriately fit into the discussion, but since you posted it by itself and it's not getting much attention, i thought i'd bump it for you.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Unless they cut the pork spending and become accountable for their spending to us, they will continue as they are. If you think about it, when they spend our money on "special projects" in their district, they become popular with the voters, ensuring a better possibility of being re-elected. This it pride at it's worst.

I would like to see the government given back to the people. I would take the time to vote on every issue if given the chance. I realize that they would have to "dumb it down" for me to understand, but that would be better for the country then just relying on them to do what we voted them to do. That has not worked in years. It seems that they think they are above us in every way, even though they would never admit it. This is just my $1 worth ... inflation!

OneLight

here, i'd like to add a little bit to this thread. i posted some of these examples in another thread in response to someone who used the term "anti-tax conservatives".

during a recent 18 month study of purchases made with federally funded credit cards (issued to government employees), the following expenses were paid for... at least $102,400 for admission to entertainment events, $48,250 for gambling, $69,300 for cruises, and $73,950 for exotic dance clubs and prostitutes. :thumbsup:

A White House review of just a sample of the federal budget identified $90 billion spent on programs deemed that were either ineffective, marginally adequate, or operating under a flawed purpose or design.

The Congressional Budget Office published a

Man, this smells worst then a dead skunk! Maybe we need to all rethink what needs to be done ... grassroot style!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

Unless they cut the pork spending and become accountable for their spending to us, they will continue as they are. If you think about it, when they spend our money on "special projects" in their district, they become popular with the voters, ensuring a better possibility of being re-elected. This it pride at it's worst.

I would like to see the government given back to the people. I would take the time to vote on every issue if given the chance. I realize that they would have to "dumb it down" for me to understand, but that would be better for the country then just relying on them to do what we voted them to do. That has not worked in years. It seems that they think they are above us in every way, even though they would never admit it. This is just my $1 worth ... inflation!

OneLight

The Federal government is not accountable to us. They borrow from foreign sources and the Federal Reserve and are accountable to them. In proverbs it states the borrower is a slave to the lender. We are in a impossible to repay debt. This was done by design. All debts are secured. Do you know what the collateral is on this debt? This is why I'm for smaller government. The smaller the government the smaller amount of damage that can be incurred. The larger the government, well..... we're just starting to find out.

OneLight

The Federal government is not accountable to us. They borrow from foreign sources and the Federal Reserve and are accountable to them. In proverbs it states the borrower is a slave to the lender. We are in a impossible to repay debt. This was done by design. All debts are secured. Do you know what the collateral is on this debt? This is why I'm for smaller government. The smaller the government the smaller amount of damage that can be incurred. The larger the government, well..... we're just starting to find out.

Those that are voted into office are accountable to the people who put them there.

OneLight

OneLight

Those that are voted into office are accountable to the people who put them there.

OneLight

Yeah just like Bush is now, huh. He's really giving it to the people like they want it. He's representing, just not us.

OneLight

OneLight

Yeah just like Bush is now, huh. He's really giving it to the people like they want it. He's representing, just not us.

You pointed to a very bad example, or should I say an example of what not to do. With thinking like yours, we may as well keep our mouths shut and not even vote, cause all is lost. Sorry, but I don't feel that way. It is up to us, as a whole, to put pressure on those who we vote for to become accountable. If enough people stand together, it can happen. Give up and it never will and then we sill have the same ol' same ol'. Your choice fpg.

OneLight

OneLight

OneLight

You pointed to a very bad example, or should I say an example of what not to do. With thinking like yours, we may as well keep our mouths shut and not even vote, cause all is lost. Sorry, but I don't feel that way. It is up to us, as a whole, to put pressure on those who we vote for to become accountable. If enough people stand together, it can happen. Give up and it never will and then we sill have the same ol' same ol'. Your choice fpg.

OneLight

Your right. We do vote. Under current circumstances a candidate needs almost $100 million raised after primaries to realistically compete. They get most of this money from special interest groups. You do get an either/or decision. Sales 101. Give them a choice, while both decisions being who the special interest groups want. Republican or Democrat. 2 parties, both for big or bigger government. Either choice the interest groups interest precedes the interests of the people. You don't think so. Why are we in Iraq? Thats right to set them free. No I remember, Al-Qaeda, or was that Afghanistan? Maybe WMD's. There never were any WMD's, but now they say we got to stay the course. What course, for who and for what? Can't you see our government and military are being used as a tool to further one government and one economy. By the Federal Reserve. We must limit the power of government. It already legally possesses to much control. I don't believe we should keep our mouths shut. In fact, I believe if we really understood how and who were controlling things we would have a revolution tommorrow. I was pointing out that we are not in as much control to hold them accountable as some might think. They(congress) ask permission to borrow from the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve loans it and holds us(taxpayer) accountable. If the Federal Reserve didn't exist the government would have to ask the taxpayer for money to go to war or whatever they needed it for. We'd probably say no and pay more attention to what they're spending on. This is why the Federal Reserve benefits the congress(even though this way they have to pay interest). They can borrow without our permission and hide spending habits easier. If we realized we were paying upfront for this illegal war we'd bring troops home yesterday. But it continues because it's on borrowed money. The problem is the system. Much bigger than the politician. We need to abolish the Federal Reserve and the IRS. Private sectors that control our government. Proverbs 22:7 The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is a servant to the lender. Who do you think is the one to get us out of this quagmire? Hillary, Obama, Fred, McCain, Giuliani. They are ALL members of the CFR. Which is a one world government council.