dgolvach

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

As I advance into my mid 40s the grey and gravity seem to set in. I absolutely looked better in my 20s and 30s. (I'm still kinda cute) Still, age weathers everyone. I believe it is a part of the fall of man. Our bodys slowly deteriorate and break down until they eventually quit. This is not a good state. Youth and energy is a much better physical state. One of my biggest problems I had with having a releationship with God was that I saw him as on old cranky gray haired cloud dweller who had a Moses style beard. Why would God be old, wrinkley and weathered? Of couse he is spirit not body but if he was, it seems to be that he would be eternally young and full of energy. Not dented by time. I doubt God is old and cranky acting either. I can't imagine getting a resurected body that looks like George Burns just before he passed. Would that be heaven? My guess is that when a old Christian passes on they enter God's presence and when they get their new body its a good strong eternally young body. They are young again. They will have no physical limitations. Suppose that God is eternal but by no means old like we experience old? Perhaps he even has a sence of humor and sometimes enjoys simple less profound exchanges between himself and his creatures that any family would experience. I also suspect that he enjoys art and music because he has a creative nature.

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

All we can do is speculate until we are with Him

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

I think we see God in they form we understand..

We understand He has always been there and we understand that wisdom is part of old age and that helps us picture Him as the art by Michelangelo..

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

..so we just have no idea how truly awesome God actually is...

What I do know seems almost to awesome to comprehend.. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

This reminded me of a hymn that we sing:

1. Our Father, as the evergreen,

Thou art forever new;

Thou art the ever living Lord,

Thy freshness as the dew.

(Chorus)

O Father, Thou art unchanging,

Thou never hast grown old;

Thru countless ages, ever fresh,

Thy newness doth unfold.

2 O Thou art God, and Thou art

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I had thought about this some time ago. To me, the old man with white, wavy hair and cold eyes show what those of that time saw as a figure of authority. All I know is that when I see the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (cause I'll also be a spirit, per say), then I'll know for sure.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

As I advance into my mid 40s the grey and gravity seem to set in. I absolutely looked better in my 20s and 30s. (I'm still kinda cute) Still, age weathers everyone. I believe it is a part of the fall of man. Our bodys slowly deteriorate and break down until they eventually quit. This is not a good state. Youth and energy is a much better physical state. One of my biggest problems I had with having a releationship with God was that I saw him as on old cranky gray haired cloud dweller who had a Moses style beard. Why would God be old, wrinkley and weathered? Of couse he is spirit not body but if he was, it seems to be that he would be eternally young and full of energy. Not dented by time. I doubt God is old and cranky acting either. I can't imagine getting a resurected body that looks like George Burns just before he passed. Would that be heaven? My guess is that when a old Christian passes on they enter God's presence and when they get their new body its a good strong eternally young body. They are young again. They will have no physical limitations. Suppose that God is eternal but by no means old like we experience old? Perhaps he even has a sence of humor and sometimes enjoys simple less profound exchanges between himself and his creatures that any family would experience. I also suspect that he enjoys art and music because he has a creative nature.

Dan

I am old and thank God daily for the beauty of that state. It is the happiest time of my life.

But that is coincidental to what you were saying which makes a lot of sense, though it is not something I had thought of previously. Thank you.

To my mind there are several things associated with what you say.

The first is that our earthly image of old is of less energy and less beautiful and senile. Quite naturally, when we think of age we tend to put that image on God who, if measured in the terms of human time is ancient, but who is none of these things.

Another is the biblical description of the man Ancient of Days.

But the important thing to remember is that God is love, and when we meet him, as it the case potentially now, but less so, we will be overwhelmed with the light and love and joy that is God, and that is all we will see.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

This side of Heaven we can only speculate! I think that the paintings of God which we see show Him as an old man because He has existed forever. Our human minds tell us that anyone who has been around longer than we have must look like they have been here....well....forever. But God exists outside of time. The moment of creation and the end of time are all the same to Him. Odd to try to wrap ones mind around that! Now, time is a diminsion. When Christ entered His creation, He entered this diminsion. That's why the Child born in Bethlehem aged. But God doesn't age. The diminsion He lives in - the diminsion where we will spend eternity - doesn't have entropy and the aging process.

Anyway, it will be very different than what our minds can grasp now.

<>< ><>

Nathele