• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Great insights, TJ. :wub:

Mary was just a human woman who was looking to Yeshua to be her Lord and Savior.

Act 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Act 4:13 Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed, and began to recognize them as having been with Jesus.

Phi 2:5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,

Phi 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Phi 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

Phi 2:8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Phi 2:9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,

Phi 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Phi 2:11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Mat 6:9 "Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.

Mat 6:10 'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.

Mat 6:11 'Give us this day our daily bread.

Mat 6:12 'And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Mat 6:13 'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.]'

Joh 14:6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

God Bless :thumbsup:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

I'm not Catholic, and would rather not dip my tootsies into that one, I'm a Nazarene (like Jesus, hee hee).

Jesus did refer to Mary as "woman" various times in the Bible...yet I've referred to my mom as "woman" too...as I was being sarcastic, or I was just in the mood to be a little demanding.

And Mary, being human, most definately probably made mistakes, as all mothers do.

I just keep going back to the fact that she was his birth mother. She birthed him...in a barn. It doesn't say a whole lot in the Bible about Jesus' infant, toddler, or early childhood years. We get a few glimpses of Jesus as a young man (pre-teens perhaps)...such as when he strays from his parents and sets up current residence in the temple. However, I don't think Mary forgot her place, she just had the same motherly instinct that all women have once they give birth.

Obviously Mary was chosen for a reason. Maybe she was able to cast aside her motherly burden and see Jesus as God's son and only God's son, sent here for a mission, and maybe she was able to distance herself from her child for that fact. But because she was around so much, even when Jesus was ignoring the "woman" it makes me wonder if her motherly instinct was always there.

Which brings me back to the original question, what is her relationship to Jesus in Heaven?

I guess it's not really something that can be answered just yet, just one of those things I'll ponder on for a little while until a new question pops into the old noggin. Hopefully, when we reach Heaven we will either be all knowing or not care that we aren't all knowing...that way I won't be bending God's ear night and day with my 3rd degree.

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Her relationship to Christ is as any former sinner. He is her Lord and Saviour.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

But let us look at the scripture quoted right in front of our eyes for a moment:

29Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.

41When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"

Mary's Song

46And Mary said:

"My soul glorifies the Lord

47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

48for he has been mindful

of the humble state of his servant.

From now on all generations will call me blessed,

49for the Mighty One has done great things for me

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

For what I gather, it all ended at the cross.

John 19:25-27

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother

But let us look at the scripture quoted right in front of our eyes for a moment:

29Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.

41When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"

Mary's Song

46And Mary said:

"My soul glorifies the Lord

47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

48for he has been mindful

of the humble state of his servant.

From now on all generations will call me blessed,

49for the Mighty One has done great things for me

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

But does the fact that she is "blessed among women" make her any better than any other redeemed sinner? David was called "a man after God's own heart." Is he better than any other who trusts in the Lord?

We are all blessed through Christ.

Short answer ... No. She was found in favor of God to bear His Son. But to honor her as a deity, worship her or praying to her and believing that she can help us from the grave is not scriptural. It is idol worship. Will she have a special place in Heaven ... I would hope so.

OneLight

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

OK, this is going to get me in trouble, but....we don't even know if Mary accepted Jesus as her saviour! If she didn't, well.......maybe se isn't in heaven. I am certain she had motherly instincts toward Him. But, well, did she ever really see Him as more than her son?

Sorry. I just had to throw that one out.

<>< ><>

Nathele

OK, this is going to get me in trouble, but....we don't even know if Mary accepted Jesus as her saviour! If she didn't, well.......maybe se isn't in heaven. I am certain she had motherly instincts toward Him. But, well, did she ever really see Him as more than her son?

Sorry. I just had to throw that one out.

<>< ><>

Nathele

"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me holy is His name" (Luke 1:46-49).

I'd say yep...she accepted Jesus as her saviour! :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

Gal 3:24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Gal 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

Gal 4:1 Now I say, as long as the heir is a child, he does not differ at all from a slave although he is owner of everything,

Gal 4:2 but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by the father.

Gal 4:3 So also we, while we were children, were held in bondage under the elemental things of the world.

Gal 4:4 But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law,

Gal 4:5 so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

Gal 4:6 Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Gal 4:7 Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.

Gal 4:26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.

God Bless :emot-pray: