OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

The anger is political and seasonal. We get it close to elections, close to Christmas, and any time that something big is happening in Israel. I think that's becasue George is on the front lines there. When the ministry is doing good work, it gets heated on the boards. When the ministry is under attack in Israel, we are here also.

But you know? The posters here are jsut as real as the people on the street, or in your workplace, or sitting in your church. We sometimes forget that each one has their own battles, their own worries, their own problems. We never know the true extent of the suffering that others may be experiencing, or the grief, or the heartache.

I've been here almost from the beginning. I've seen this place go from heated debates and explosions, to humbling kneeling before the Lord. I've seen people come out of cults and delivered from false beliefs. I've seen wounded people healed from age-old hurts and others encouraged to take a stand for righteousness. I've seen flowers bloom, right here, in this place.

Yes, there is sometimes anger and sometimes harsh words. We try to corral it as much as possible, but truly - people are people. We have to allow themn to be.

I love the family here. I really do. I don't get to post as much as I used to, because of moderating duties - but I do love this place. It has been a blessing to many, especially me.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm new here but I tell you what I do when I run across a hateful thread....I run for the hills. :emot-heartbeat:

There is nothing more sad than to see God's kids in a free for all. I know we're human and get angry but it's not worth the way the Lord looks at us when we're acting ugly.

A friend in Christ, Terri

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

That's a big part of the reason that I don't come here often anymore :emot-heartbeat:

I can identify with this statement. I come herre less and less.

Kathy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The anger is political and seasonal. We get it close to elections, close to Christmas, and any time that something big is happening in Israel. I think that's becasue George is on the front lines there. When the ministry is doing good work, it gets heated on the boards. When the ministry is under attack in Israel, we are here also.

But you know? The posters here are jsut as real as the people on the street, or in your workplace, or sitting in your church. We sometimes forget that each one has their own battles, their own worries, their own problems. We never know the true extent of the suffering that others may be experiencing, or the grief, or the heartache.

I've been here almost from the beginning. I've seen this place go from heated debates and explosions, to humbling kneeling before the Lord. I've seen people come out of cults and delivered from false beliefs. I've seen wounded people healed from age-old hurts and others encouraged to take a stand for righteousness. I've seen flowers bloom, right here, in this place.

Yes, there is sometimes anger and sometimes harsh words. We try to corral it as much as possible, but truly - people are people. We have to allow themn to be.

I love the family here. I really do. I don't get to post as much as I used to, because of moderating duties - but I do love this place. It has been a blessing to many, especially me.

Shalom,

What a beautiful post. I wish more people would read it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

That sums up my feelings as well. :thumbsup:

That sums up my feelings as well. :thumbsup:

:24:

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

While I love many of the people here, I also find myself coming here less and less and post mostly in the "fun" threads.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Bless you Traveller. I never knew the history of this place and your words are encouraging, and the same to others. In just the short time, since September, I have spent a lot of my down time here and has been used by God in many ways. It is just recently that I have noticed more hateful remarks then before. Maybe the use of the Soap Box would give people the time to reply in a more civil manner instead of having to race to post ... I don't know.

Yes, we are just as human as the next, but our eyes should be on Christ, for we are a people set apart from the world.

OneLight

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

yes sometimes it gets a little heated....but then again sometimes we are passionate about the subject at hand..... blessed are the peacemakers.... so instead of running away.... why not try to be a peacemaker... and love inspite of..... :thumbsup:

I admit to my share of heated posts, but I also have tried to bring peace into threads that have gotten out of hand. The reply I have gotten is basically the same as your statement about being passionate. Other replies are basically telling me that we have to correct another when they have erred. Then there are those who just don't care how they address someone else. It 's those posts that personally attack another, trying to make their rival feel inadequate, stupid and inferior in some way.

Debating and arguing is not the problem, it is the attitude that is sad. Check through the listings of threads on any given day and see how many are not showing the fruits of the Spirit, but are displaying the fruits of the flesh. We think we are being Christians, but are we really? It seems like we are just trying to act like one.

Tell me my friend, when does one say to themselves that nobody is listening? When a person does not want to change, how long is someone to keep trying? Yes, we are all human, not mater how much we desire to be like Christ, but after awhile, watching the same type of arguments go on and on and not see the Love of Christ at all, I do get discouraged.

BTW ... I don't consider it running away at all. I consider it keeping my peace by not watching. Can you remember being in a situation where you said to yourself ... enough is enough?

OneLight

edited for grammatical and spelling errors, plus adding one sentence.

Yes, I must admit I have had times where I said enough is enough..... :24:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Traveller, you are a dear sister and you have hit the nail on the head. Many times over the years I have tried to act as a referee when posters begin to be nasty to one another. Shiloh can tell you that. I have known him as long as he's been here on Worthy. Sure he gets a bit tetchy at times and he is very protective of Irael and his jewish birthright...Both Axx and Shiloh got heated and I have to be honest, and I have the deepest respect and love for David, he does get a bit carried away and sometimes crosses the line.

If you are reading this mate, I type it with a huge lump in my throat not only as a brother, but as a friend also.

If some moderator thinks this should be PMed, well delete it, but it is not easy for me to say, but I feel it had to be said.

Thank you and,

God bless.