• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Often God moves through others to bring about his will and purpose in our lives. I find that either putting out a fleece to get a confirmation that it is God moving in my life or waiting for three repeat confirmations through different sources helps me to gage God's will in my life.

If things are too tough because my emotions are getting in the way, I'll go chat to a mature christian about it :P

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

three repeat confirmations through different sources helps me to gage God's will in my life.

===============

how to find?? :whistling:

Guest Biblicist

Hello silvia, :laugh: long time no 'see'.

I heard this the other day about making decisions...It was in a Bible study by Elizabeth George.

Get a 3X5 card, write the decision or problem at the top and divide it into four equal parts.

In the squares write Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4.

Then answer these four questions according to God's Word.

Why should I do this?

Why should I not do this?

Why would I do this?

Why would I not do this?

If your answers do not line up with God's Word, pray and ask God to help you say "No". :laugh:

Example: Should I allow my mother to stay here for an extra week during Christmas?

Why should I do this? Because it would make me feel good and make my mother happy. hmmm..OK, my feelings are not what matter, neither are my mothers.

Why should I not do this? I don't want to...hmmm, not so much. :whistling:

Why would I do this? Honor your father and mother...There is my answer. Letting my mother stay with me so she can visit with family and allowing my Step Dad to have some time to work in peace is a way of honoring them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

If the Lord is your shepherd and you dwell richly in the word of God, what that person has to say will agree with your spirit man or it won't. Let the Holy Spirit be your guide.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

There are some great examples in Scripture having to do with this sort of thing:

Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, "Come, let's go over to the outpost of those uncircumcised fellows. Perhaps the LORD will act in our behalf. Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving, whether by many or by few." "Do all that you have in mind," his armor-bearer said. "Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul." (1 Sam 14:6, 7)

For Jonathan's part, he wasn't sure about G-d's will, but he made his plans and assumed the Lord could and would help. The armor-bearer was relying on Jonathan's wisdom.

I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now)

(Romans 1:13)

Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me, I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said good-by to them and went on to Macedonia. (2 Cor 2:12, 13)

For when we came into Macedonia, this body of ours had no rest, but we were harassed at every turn—conflicts on the outside, fears within. But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, (2 Cor 7:5, 6)

In Paul's case, he made his plans but often the Lord changed his plans as only the Lord can. Paul went to one place because the Lord had opened the door for him to do so, but because Paul wasn't at peace there he left! In another case, he went to a place and encountered hardship and presumably no peace, yet he stayed.

I confess I don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about the issue you raised in your OP. I seek good advice when needed, I'll say a prayer about the situation, then move ahead. The Lord will either open the door or close it. If I am out of His will, He always provides a way to retreat, if I am in His will, things will work out. In other words:

Go, unless you get a no.

This is, of course, a general principle. It works for me. Prior to this I had been using prayer as a way NOT to move ahead; I talked myself out of everything. The Lord finally got my attention about how to live my live, and the "Go unless you get a no" principle moves me along. Do I always hit the mark? No. Do I get myself into trouble? Sometimes. But I have found if I am doing things with the right attitude of heart, the Lord guides my steps whether or not I am consciously aware of it and whether or not I pray about every single step. I can't speak for your life, but mine moves at the speed of light and sometimes I don't have time to stop and actively pray about each and every situation that arises or each and every decision have have to make. I simply trust that I am walking in the Spirit and am moving with the mind of Christ.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Well all knowledge comes from Him and His word however He has put man here ....

So difficult question mate - my easy answer would be to meditate on His word - man can sometimes be conditional and biased

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

Well all knowledge comes from Him and His word however He has put man here ....

So difficult question mate - my easy answer would be to meditate on His word - man can sometimes be conditional and biased

The great part about meditating on His word is the more we do it the more we get the "mind of Christ". We start thinking like Jesus and less with man's wisdom.

Hello silvia, :whistling: long time no 'see'.

i always "see"the website,but it is a little tired to me to write english :74_74:

i deside to always "see'here and make here my homepage

but the english is still a problem,ai.....