kari21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

God bless you DJzed. You are following the example of Christ.

We don't even have to ask ourselves WWJD. We KNOW from scripture what he did!

I also want to state that while my friendships with nonChristians are fairly close, I would not seek marital or parenting or spiritual advice from them. But would I ask a nonChristian realtor friend for real estate advice? Sure. Would I ask a nonChristian accountant friend for tax advice? Yes. And when we develop these kinds of relationships and they feel that they can offer me something, when they need spiritual advice, who do they come to? Yes, me. Just over the holidays a new friend's cat died and at that time, she wanted to know about whether or not there were cats in heaven and that got us into a very deep conversation about things.

Grace has been given to me, so I can easily offer it up to others. I can easily overlook their 'sins' because I have my own. My nonbeleiving friends are different from me because I've accepted the gift of Jesus Christ. God LOVES them and I love them too. And like Patricia I get told "you're different" or "you're so much happier than I am". Strangers on the street are not going to see this. And friends HAVE come to the Lord - I don't dare give myself credit because I was 'hanging out with them" but in the end, they did come to know Christ.

Most recently, I've gone through a deep valley and a couple of nonChristian friends have witnessed this, also from 1 Corinithians 6: 3We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything

Now, all along I also said, I needed a miracle and that I didn't know if one would happen or not. Well, I'm very happy to report that a miracle DID happen! They saw me in the deep valley. I actually had moments of joy and laughter and fun in the midst of it all. Slept like a baby while at their house. (One asked me if I needed a sleeping pill and I said 'no' - she has to take a lot of them to fall asleep, and while I was at my brothers, my nonChristian sis in law had sleep troubles while I had none)

This is the kind of thing people can really WITNESS. How are they going to see this stuff if you meet them briefly on the street?

I'd like to mention missionaries as well. Does anyone know any or what's the deal? Missionaries don't go and immediately start preaching the gospel to people. They learn their culture, their language, their food - they offer kindness and develop RELATIONSHIPS with people, which is all I'm trying to say.

As well, there are certain people that just aren't going to get it, nor do they want to get it and I've politely distanced myself from them. I still email occassionally but that's it.

We've got this idea that we have to pretend that Christians have perfect lives with no trials when that is far from the truth. It's like we're hiding the truth from them.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

God bless you DJzed. You are following the example of Christ.

We don't even have to ask ourselves WWJD. We KNOW from scripture what he did!

I also want to state that while my friendships with nonChristians are fairly close, I would not seek marital or parenting or spiritual advice from them. But would I ask a nonChristian realtor friend for real estate advice? Sure. Would I ask a nonChristian accountant friend for tax advice? Yes. And when we develop these kinds of relationships and they feel that they can offer me something, when they need spiritual advice, who do they come to? Yes, me. Just over the holidays a new friend's cat died and at that time, she wanted to know about whether or not there were cats in heaven and that got us into a very deep conversation about things.

Grace has been given to me, so I can easily offer it up to others. I can easily overlook their 'sins' because I have my own. My nonbeleiving friends are different from me because I've accepted the gift of Jesus Christ. God LOVES them and I love them too. And like Patricia I get told "you're different" or "you're so much happier than I am". Strangers on the street are not going to see this. And friends HAVE come to the Lord - I don't dare give myself credit because I was 'hanging out with them" but in the end, they did come to know Christ.

Most recently, I've gone through a deep valley and a couple of nonChristian friends have witnessed this, also from 1 Corinithians 6: 3We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything

Now, all along I also said, I needed a miracle and that I didn't know if one would happen or not. Well, I'm very happy to report that a miracle DID happen! They saw me in the deep valley. I actually had moments of joy and laughter and fun in the midst of it all. Slept like a baby while at their house. (One asked me if I needed a sleeping pill and I said 'no' - she has to take a lot of them to fall asleep, and while I was at my brothers, my nonChristian sis in law had sleep troubles while I had none)

This is the kind of thing people can really WITNESS. How are they going to see this stuff if you meet them briefly on the street?

I'd like to mention missionaries as well. Does anyone know any or what's the deal? Missionaries don't go and immediately start preaching the gospel to people. They learn their culture, their language, their food - they offer kindness and develop RELATIONSHIPS with people, which is all I'm trying to say.

As well, there are certain people that just aren't going to get it, nor do they want to get it and I've politely distanced myself from them. I still email occassionally but that's it.

We've got this idea that we have to pretend that Christians have perfect lives with no trials when that is far from the truth. It's like we're hiding the truth from them.

:emot-bounce: Very well said artsylady

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

I've been wondering about this for awhile...

I have many unsaved friends that I am close to, and love very much. But, in the Bible it says:

"For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?" (2 Corinthians 6:14,15)

"Do not be deceived: 'Evil company corrupts good habits.'" (1 Corinthians 15:33)

Without Christ, an unbeliever is evil in God's eyes.

How close should I be with my unsaved friends? Should I remain friends, but not hang out with them?

my wife is not a christian. thats not to say she is a non believer. she believes in god's divine power. but she's not a born again christian.should i love her any less, i think not. am i living in sin? i don't think so. could i be wrong? sure. but if i am wrong this has a very happy 35 years. it's my hope she will get saved very soon. thats what i pray for. in the mean time she's my best friend and lover. amen :emot-bounce::whistling::laugh:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

From artsylady post #144,

But I have one for you too Eric.

If you worked with nonbeleivers, would you have conversations with them, say about sports or about the weather or about travel?

I wish you would read what is being posted. I have already said I am civil towrds people and naturally, that includes anyone who I come in contact with in the normal course of the day, christian or non christian, I don't look down my nose at anyone.

What I am saying is, I don't do not seek to make friends with any non believer just for the sake of being a friend. I don't share my intimate life with anyone, christian or not. ....Listen,.... will ya.....I would witness to a gorilla if I thought it would do any good, I just don't mingle with non believers so I can engage in their life style. The time I spent visiting the local prison on a bi-weekly basis, I was doing it as a part of my church's ministry to help them with their rehabillitation, not to make friends with them. You do what you consider to be right, we are all different.

I mixed with sinners for over sixty years of my life. I used to laugh when I saw all the cars outside the churches on sunday, whilst I was on my way to the golf couse. That was over twenty years ago, so now I speak when I am spoken to and that means anybody who wants to listen.....

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Proverbs 12:26

The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Okay, sorry, I'm getting more confused. We can eat with them but not have fellowship with them?

We just order our food and sit there in silence?

I repeat myself again, Why would you be eating with them in the first place. I don't invite unsaved people to a meal, beacause the bible says, "come out from among them and be seperate." "What fellowship has light with dark" You can't manipulate those words from the bible to fit your own agenda. And as I don't have any unsaved friends. I'm hardly likely to be invited for a meal.

Okay, sorry, I'm getting more confused. We can eat with them but not have fellowship with them?

We just order our food and sit there in silence?

I repeat myself again, Why would you be eating with them in the first place. I don't invite unsaved people to a meal, beacause the bible says, "come out from among them and be seperate." "What fellowship has light with dark" You can't manipulate those words from the bible to fit your own agenda. And as I don't have any unsaved friends. I'm hardly likely to be invited for a meal.

I was responding to Axman who said it was okay to eat with them but not fellowship with them.

But I have one for you too Eric.

If you worked with nonbeleivers, would you have conversations with them, say about sports or about the weather or about travel?

Hi lady

You have taken scripture out of context. The words "come out from among them" do not apply to our daily life. They are prophetic of a time when Christ calls us out from among the world and have nothing to do with fellowshipping with them. When I am at work and I sit down to lunch. There are times when a co-worker will come and sit with me. This is an opportunity to witness or some who bring God into the conversation. There are unbelievers who are more friendly to me then they are to other unbelievers because I do not reject them as less then I am. I treat them like human beings and except them as they are. They are still God's creation, they have feelings and in many cases the same kinds of troubles as I have. They don't know that I consider them to be lost and perhaps one day because I don't reject them, they might convert. There is no doubt that I am a Christian as I have a large sign on my van, one on each side that professes my beliefs. But I don't shove my beliefs down their throats.

Would I go to their house and eat dinner and spend time with them? Only if we are going to talk about Jesus. But when I have all other contact with unbelievers on the job in the store or anywhere else. I always try to squeeze God into the contact if I can.

We are commanded to minister to the unbelievers as a means to witness for Christ and as an example of who we are in Christ.

So with that in mind lady I guess you don't speak to any unbelievers about Christ or make any effort to take the gospel to the world around you since you don't have any unsaved friends or have anything to do with a lost and dieing world. I guess you have forgotten that God loves everything He has ever created and wants all the unsaved to be saved and YOU are supposed to help God reach out to a lost and dieing world with the good news of Christ.

You need to re-read your bible again girl because you are way off base and on the road to nowhere.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Massorite:

An atheist can read the Bible and view it as full of contradictions, right?

I do believe the word speaks differently to different people because his followers are led in different directions. Some are led to preach from a pulpit, some are led to become missionaries, some are led to be witnesses at home, etc.

For some reason, Biblically speaking, some are led to keep their distance from nonChristians and not get too close. I won't dispute that. If you feel led in this direction, I do believe there is a reason for that.

But if others, like myself, feel led to become much more friendly with nonbelievers, why do some dispute that?

Would I go to their house and eat dinner and spend time with them? Only if we are going to talk about Jesus. But when I have all other contact with unbelievers on the job in the store or anywhere else. I always try to squeeze God into the contact if I can.

You have to use wisdom in doing this because you simply don't know the history of the nonbeliever if you aren't friends with them.

For example, what if that new coworker you're sitting with had been raised by abusive parents who claimed to be Christian? Someone hurt in this manner is going to simply tune you out and cast you aside as one of 'those'. They're not going to warm up to you and receive your message. Someone with a history of this kind of abuse, may really benefit from being in your home and watching you lovingly raise your children and give them positive messages about God and themselves, etc. They may then understand that what happened to them was wrong. See what I mean?

We are commanded to minister to the unbelievers as a means to witness for Christ and as an example of who we are in Christ.

So with that in mind lady I guess you don't speak to any unbelievers about Christ or make any effort to take the gospel to the world around you since you don't have any unsaved friends or have anything to do with a lost and dieing world. I guess you have forgotten that God loves everything He has ever created and wants all the unsaved to be saved and YOU are supposed to help God reach out to a lost and dieing world with the good news of Christ.

You need to re-read your bible again girl because you are way off base and on the road to nowhere.

I'd prefer you don't call me lady or girl and I think you might want to reread my posts because I DO care deeply about the lost, I DO have unsaved friends and I DO minister to them, in God's timing. In the meantime, they see a positive difference in me and the way I look at life and handle it.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/25/1981

Dear Kari;

I agree with Biblicist when saying Jesus Christ was known as "Friend of sinners". But you need to pay atention with Pagans since they also can lead you into sins. So, if you cannot go further with them, justy stop going deeper into your relationship with them.

However, concerning to hang out with them, it's up to what you mean with it. If it means for example, to go dancing, there is a danger since we have immoral dances into bars , pubs and other similar places.

Then, above all, we need to ask for the GOD's willpower about knowing and reaching what he would ghave done at our place.

GODF bless you tjhropugh Jesus Christ. Amen!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

I am friend to many unbelievers. God gives me opportunities to make Him known to them and because they accept me as a friend, it is easier to share His love with them. We are to love our neighbors (not their actions) and share Christ with them. :th_praying: