• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Hello there my friends,

Just wondering about...

How many people here rob others of a blessing by not allowing somone to Help or give to you?

Been thinking about how I am blessed with the gift of giving whether it be time, obedience in tithes and offerings, giving gifts, counseling of some sort.

But when I am on the recieving end I do not know what to do. :noidea: The same Joy I have to give to another is absent when I am given to.

And those in the past who had little and wanted to bless me when I was down and out...I refused it!

I robbed them from blessing me as well as the opportunity to be obedient to Jesus, I'm sorry Lord..Please forgive me! (And Jesus shows me now during this season to practice graciousness in recieving. OYE!~) Lol patricia1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I don't know why it is so hard to accept help from another person. It is a humbling thing, too, to allow another to help us. It is hard to give when there is no one willing to receive and we do need to allow others the blessing of giving.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

You are so right Mz. P................................... :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member

perhaps it is a type of pride?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Don't feel alone in this, patricia1; I'm the same way. I won't ask anyone for help, not even my family, because I don't want to burden anyone. I think this is a problem a lot of people have. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I do think it is pride. If I have to ask for help then it must mean I am weak, right? I heard a story tonight that I liked. A person was shown to doors. Going through the first door they saw a banquet table full of food, but everyone around it was sad and unhealthy. They all had spoons attached to their hands to eat it with. The spoons were long so they couldn't get the food to their mouths. Through the second door was another banquet but the people were happy and healthy. They too had long spoons attached to their hands, but rather than trying to feed themselves, they fed each other.

And that's what we need to learn - to give and also to take.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member

I remember when I first was saved, I'd pray for everyone except myself. I was just grateful for that alone. I had a difficult time recieving from Our Father as well but once I opened up more, His gates opened and flooded me. It was wonderful.

I grew up in need but not having those needs met. If asked nothing was returned. So I stopped asking and wanting.

I remember being in my church for years... I got so sick I was at deaths door but knew Jesus was not calling me home. Only my pastor would call to see how I am and two friends. One in Israel and another a long distance away. I could not understand how the body of my church never came to see me or called. It was a very hurtful time for me and a great revelation of truth. I would be the first one to call , bring soup or whatever. I did this not for returns, never thought about it.

If someone was missing from church I would call.

So I got use to not needing and rely more on the Lord Jesus than people.

Now when Jesus chooses to use people to bless me...It actually is so unfamiliar. I become very independent but not of Jesus.

Somebody staying with me cleaned my dishes and straightened out a bit. I asked her why she would do such a thing? She wanted too. Could you imagine. I did not know to be insulted or grateful... but I did thank her. This feels wierd to me. oh well... patricia1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I understand what you're saying. I don't mind helping others but feel uncomfortable when help is offered to me - I do think it's prideful so I'm trying more in that area when it happens.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom Patricia,

This is an AWESOME topic. You see, you have identified things in ALL of us that we tend to hide away because they are uncomfortable.

First, we all have pride. We want to be the ones blessing people. We want to give and pour out blessings, prayers, help. That is a good desire, but it can also feed pride. We are so GOOD, doing good works, that surely we are righteous in G-d's eyes. It is man's nature to try to please G-d by works.

Now, don't get me wrong, we are CALLED to help people, pray for people, give them money, help them with laundry or shopping or whatever, in the name of the L-rd. This is GOOD and it is what Jesus wants us to do, even unto the least of our brethren:

Matthew 25

31) "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.

34Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' 40And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'

HOWEVER, as we do good works, sometimes we feed our pride and self-righteousness and forget that we are doing things BECAUSE of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit in us and not in our own goodness (which we have none.)

And then dear Patricia, you hit the nail on the head when you reminded us that we ROB someone of a blessing when we allow ourselves to refuse to be helped by others who are walking out Jesus' commandments. Sometimes, we ROB someone of a blessing and put up a wall because of our pride.

When we allow ourselves to be helped, it is a humbling and sometimes uncomfortable feeling and yet, it is what G-d desires for us. He will bring people to help us. He will use situations to humble us. We must not fight Him, but surrender to Him and what He brings, even if our flesh screams at the indignation.

I say this as a cancer patient who had to be completely humbled and could nothing for myself. I won't go into the details, but it was a humbling but spiritually enriching experience. And we had one this past week in our family where we had to accept financial help from one of our kids!! Oh my!!!

Yes, G-d uses others to bless us because 1) He is working in US

2) He is working in THEM

We must not let our pride refuse G-d or ROB others.

Good words Patricia, I am very thankful for this thread, it is something we don't see often around here. :whistling: