getat151

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

The mighty God

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Just as i have said...Thanks Another...Thats the only answer that Poits out Who Jesus really Is.

Guest shiloh357
Why do you argue and not let the Spirit Of God bring you the answer. I am but only a human, and so are you. No one is perfect ,why attack a fellow Brother Who also Loves Jesus, Who is God ,He Is sitting on the right hand side of The Father...Who was once a Human but of Perfection. Love thy neighbor as thy love thy selves. Amen

I am confronting false teaching. I already have the answer. I haven't attacked anyone. You did not answer my question, though. You were quoting a passage that did not appear to have any material contribution to the subject at hand and I was curious what you might have seen in that passage that I did not.

This is not a peripheral subject that we can let slide. The Christian faith is predicated on the Deity of Jesus. It is not a nonessential that we can agree to disagree on. A rejection of Jesus' Deity is a challenge to God's integrity. Without Jesus' Deity, without Jesus being 100%, there cannot be a Christian faith, or can salvation exist apart from Jesus as God.

Anyone who loves Jesus will believe Jesus when He testifies that He is God. You cannot love Jesus and deny His Deity.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I belief Jesus Is the Son Of God.I belief He Died and rose again.I belief that He Is God...I belief that He has died for me and Will come Again.

That scripture is from Galatians 5.It is taken from there as to indicate how wrong anyone can be if they are still bound down to the law of this world.If you are not letting the Spirit of God move you,why would you attack anyone to make your own statment sound right. But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive everything promised to us who are right with God through faith.

Guest shiloh357
I belief Jesus Is the Son Of God.I belief He Died and rose again.I belief that He Is God...I belief that He has died for me and Will come Again.

That scripture is from Galatians 5.It is taken from there as to indicate how wrong anyone can be if they are still bound down to the law of this world.If you are not letting the Spirit of God move you,why would you attack anyone to make your own statment sound right. But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive everything promised to us who are right with God through faith.

Confronting false teaching is not the same as a "attacking" a person. When someone is wrong, they are wrong and it is not "attacking" them to say so.

In this case, the denial of Jesus' Deity is a heresy in the truest, theological sense of the word because it is a denial of not only the basic teaching of Scripture, but is also a challenge to God's integrity. One cannot love God and reject what His Word says.

One cannot be a Christian and reject the Deity of Jesus. It is simply an impossibility.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Confronting false teaching is not the same as a "attacking" a person. When someone is wrong, they are wrong and it is not "attacking" them to say so.

In this case, the denial of Jesus' Deity is a heresy in the truest, theological sense of the word because it is a denial of not only the basic teaching of Scripture, but is also a challenge to God's integrity. One cannot love God and reject what His Word says.

One cannot be a Christian and reject the Deity of Jesus. It is simply an impossibility.

Scripture tells us that each of us, to our own master, stands or falls. My master is God - a relationship that I have been afforded by his grace, through faith in Christ. Unlike you, it seems, I cannot boast of anything except the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ. You see, I know that I am a new creation. I know that I have passed from death to life. And I know I am God's son, not because I accept the deity of Jesus, but because I have been afforded His wondrous gift of love and life.

Guest shiloh357

Scripture tells us that each of us, to our own master, stands or falls. My master is God - a relationship that I have been afforded by his grace, through faith in Christ. Unlike you, it seems, I cannot boast of anything except the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ. You see, I know that I am a new creation. I know that I have passed from death to life. And I know I am God's son, not because I accept the deity of Jesus, but because I have been afforded His wondrous gift of love and life.

Without the Deity of Jesus, none of that is possible, because the Bible does not allow you to accept the gift of salvation on your terms. You cannot say "I have faith in Christ, but I reject His Deity." It doesn't work that way. Salvation from beginning to end is a work of God. It is not the work of God through a mere man. If all God needed was good man, He could have sacrificed Moses. Jesus death, if He was not God, would be sufficient to save anyone, much less make them a new creation.

Here is the fallacy of your logic. You claim to be a "new creation." But the Bible says we are only New Creations "in Christ." That is not possible if Christ is just a man. Jesus simply as a man cannot recreate anyone's heart. That is work of God and you cannot be "in Christ" if Christ is just a man. You are trying force the Bible to fit around your rejection of Jesus' Deity, and it simply doesn't fit.

If your faith was truly in Christ, you would accept His words that He is God. You would believe the Bible. As it stands, you reject one of the most important doctines in Scripture. The Deity of Jesus is a major part the foundation of the Christian faith and without it, your faith is in a man, and that is nothing but idolatry. Rejection of Christ's Deity diminishes the work of the cross.

It is the Deity of Jesus tha separates the Christian faith from other religions of the world. It is what makes Jesus unique and separate from confucious, mohammed, krishna, the buddha, and a host of other religions. Without the Deity of Jesus, Christianity is just one among other equally possible religious paths. It is the Deity of Jesus that reveals Christ as the ONLY way to God, and invalidates all claims of other religions.

The Bible is replete with types, shadows and pictures of redemption that point to a Divine Redeemer, not a "good man" who lives a righteous life.

Unlike you, it seems, I cannot boast of anything except the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ.
Actually, you don't even have that to boast in if you reject His Deity. The Bible teaches that the work of the cross was a Divine work, not the product of a mere man hanging on the cross. Salvation is taught as being the work of God who gave Himself as a sacrifice for sin.

The Bible teaches in 2Corinthians 5 that God was reconciling the world unto Himself. The world could not reconcile itself to God. That is impossible. God did not reconcile Himself to the world, because God had done nothing to wrong the world.

Rather God reconciled the world unto Himself, meaning that God played the part of both the offended and the offender. Salvation is predicated upon God taking our sin and imputing to Himself and bearing the wrath of His own justice on our behalf. When Jesus was hanging on the cross, He was God paying the price for our sin, by bearing the full cup of God's wrath against sin and in doing so satisfied His own justice.

That is Christianity 101. The Deity of Jesus is essential to salvation and one cannot be saved apart of the Deity of Jesus. There is simply too much to the mechanics of the work of the cross (which you apparently know nothing about) for anyone to claim that a mere man could have accomplished redemption for the rest of us.

You cannot have Jesus on your own terms. You cannot receive Christ the way you want Him to be. You cannot accept Christ as a man but reject His Deity. This is not Burger King, and you don't get to "have it your way."

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit make up the Godhead in heaven and are three separate Gods. It is not one God with three personalities.

The bible clearly states there is only ONE God.

1st cor 8:6 But there is but ONE God ''THE FATHER,of whom are all thing and we in him;and one Lord Jesus Christ,by whom are all things,and we by him.

Deuteronomy 6:4 and Mark 12:29 Hear O Israel the Lord our God is one Lord.

Isiah 44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel,and his redeemer the Lord of host;I am the first and the last;and beside me there is NO God.

1st Tim 2:5 For there is ONE God and one mediator between God and man the man Jesus Christ.

There is but one God the question is,Is Jesus God?

And the answers I gave were that, NO he is not God the Father, but he is a God.

Jesus said He did not come to distroy but to fufill the Old Testement, every word of it, every part of it. Jesus stood by and for every word. There is only one God. To say The Father is one God and Jesus is another God goes aginist the word of God. It can not be correct, it does not match up with scripture. Jesus has to be God. Just because I don't understand everything that God says does not make God wrong.

Under the Old Testament they only knew of one God and the HS. That is why Jesus had such a hard time convincing people he was the son of God, but Jesus is not the God that the Jews knew under the OT.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit make up the Godhead in heaven and are three separate Gods. It is not one God with three personalities.

The bible clearly states there is only ONE God.

1st cor 8:6 But there is but ONE God ''THE FATHER,of whom are all thing and we in him;and one Lord Jesus Christ,by whom are all things,and we by him.

Deuteronomy 6:4 and Mark 12:29 Hear O Israel the Lord our God is one Lord.

Isiah 44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel,and his redeemer the Lord of host;I am the first and the last;and beside me there is NO God.

1st Tim 2:5 For there is ONE God and one mediator between God and man the man Jesus Christ.

There is but one God the question is,Is Jesus God?

And the answers I gave were that, NO he is not God the Father, but he is a God.

Under the Old Testament they only knew of one God and the HS. That is why Jesus had such a hard time convincing people he was the son of God, but Jesus is not the God that the Jews knew under the OT.

Jesus said He did not come to distroy but to fufill the Old Testement, every word of it, every part of it. Jesus stood by and for every word. There is only one God. To say The Father is one God and Jesus is another God goes aginist the word of God. It can not be correct, it does not match up with scripture. Jesus has to be God. Just because I don't understand everything that God says does not make God wrong.

Edited by Agape_CTL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

This being the Christmas season and all...

Matthew 1

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.:laugh: