IGNORED

Can you help me understand these verses better?

Emily~Anne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

1 Corinthians 1:26-31 (New International Version)

26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Emily-Anne,

It doesn't sound like you are confused at all. I think you have understood the passages correctly.....and that your eyes "see".

:emot-fail:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

God chooses the simplest that is His to confound the brightest and best of the world. Look at your own story. Your heart is greater then those who consider themselves better then you. You were not wrong.

Do you somehow see yourself in that little boy that walks by every day?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Do you somehow see yourself in that little boy that walks by every day?
It didnt occur to me at first, but now that you mention it, I can certainly relate to how that little boy feels. We just all gotta remember that when somone hurts us, who knows what hurt is in their own heart? And if they dont have Jesus, then they are missing out on the best kind of healing there is. (However, I do not claim to be fully healed of all hurt, that kind of healing will happen the day I go home to heaven)

Yet, I still do not have any kind of relationship with any of my past abusers. I just cant cause it's like a poison. They only have only one role for me, and that is to be their victim. By staying in any kind of relationship with them, I was only enabling their abusive behavior. I know they have their own tormented childhoods too. Through the light in my heart through the Holy Spirit, I was able to find my way out. I sincerely hope that someday they will be able to find their way out too.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I too have had people in my past like those who have hurt you. Just about every day, as I stood waiting for the school bus, this one boy would come up and punch me beside the head. He was a lot littler then me, but I was brought up in a family with all girls and was told to never hit back. My Dad worked nights and was never around to teach me how to defend myself. This went on until I was in high school. I took up martial arts and after the first time I protected myself, nobody ever bothered me again. Still, all those years took its tole on me. To this day, whenever I see this man, I remember what he had done to me. It has been over 40 years since those days and God has healed me. Some wounds take time to heal. Don't ever stop looking for Gods hand working in your life.

I know why it took so long for me to heal. After the service, I started hanging with bikers and saw a lot of cruelty toward innocent people. When I took part in this activity, God brought me back to my childhood.

God Bless,

OneLight

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Dear Emily Anne,

How beautiful! Sometimes we need to lose our minds a little. Hurting people often times hurt other people and do not know what the love of God is. When I was growing up, I suffered various abuses and neglect at the hands of others. Often times from the very people who were supposed to protect, care for and love me but they either could or would not. After all this time, I just found out this year in a conversation I had with my brother that we almost wound up being put in foster care until our grandparents decided to step in. Because I did not know God, I would internalize the pain in my heart and mind and let it fester and it would manifest itself in shameful ways. I was given over to increasing anger, bitterness, and hatefulness, and sin flowed out of my heart like a river. I have seen enough of the dark side of the human heart. But God, in all His wisdom lets the sun shine on the righteous and the wicked and brought me face to face not only with the sin in them, but also with the sin in me. I saw the glory in Christ with the sinners on either side of Him as He gave His life a ransom for the sins of the world on the cross. I needed to believe and recieve the power of His forgiveness more than anything else in the world. God shows us His love in His Son and His Spirit teaches us to love like Him. That's why I love what you are sharing in this testimony soo very much. In order for us to heal and get to a place where we can manifest and grow in His love, He will often give us those kinds of insights and understandings like the one that you had, so through the power of His forgiveness we can likewise have compassion on those who hurt us, and love in the Agape way, that our joy and peace be made more full. God, in all His wisdom, does indeed choose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise. God actually brought me to a place where He enabled me to minister to some of the needs of the very people who hurt me the most. When I think about the way certain things happened it makes me laugh, in particular because it was a blessing in disguise, since it appeared to me like a curse for such a long time. Reminds me of these verses that really spoke to my heart during that time...

Mat 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Mat 7:8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Mat 7:9 "Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?

Mat 7:10 "Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?

Mat 7:11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

At first, all I saw was a stone and a snake but He turned them into loaves and fishes.

Praise God for His goodness! :emot-pray:

Thank you for sharing what God has placed on your heart :emot-heartbeat: