Near

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I was kind of wondering something...this can be moved if it is need, I didn't know where to put it, lol. Sorry about the bad title, I didn't know what to put there, rofl! Please guys, also just take notice I'm not trying to offend anyone, I was just wondering what it is with people and these things. So, PLEASE do not try and blame me for this, I was only posting this for answers onto why this is happening! Thank you for your help anyways! It will be broken up into bits so no one can get confused and answer more easily! :whistling:

Just some stuff I had found on the internet and from talking to some other Christians around the area (not on Worthy, on other places).

My 1st question: What is it with people and calling certain people "The Antichrist?" I find this extremely off. Some guy I was talking to claimed that (including his strange friend) (with somewhat annoying and strong stubbornness)Barack Obama is the Antichrist. His friend made a comment on my page and, quoting...(I believe I had removed the comment)

"I had a dream last night. Barack Obama is the Antichrist." And that was all he said. Okay...from my reading of scripture and what it says, this guy doesn't sound like a Christian:

quoted from the New Living Translation: <Revelation 13 "16Wisdom is needed here. Let the one understanding solve the meaning of the number of the beast, for it is the number of man. His number is 666." Either he was having a moment, or it just so happened that God decided to reveal to him who the AC is, BUT I highly doubt this. Also, his friend claims that Barack has similar attributes that would be considered to be the Antichrist. Like peace treaties and all that. I think I remember somewhere someone saying about the AC and Isreal and that Tribulation would begin when Isreal signed the peace treaty between them and the AC (I believe, correct me here xD), but isn't the "beast" (or Antichrist, I'm confused....) supposed to blashemped the name of God? If he is, I haven't seen Obama jump up and do that in front of the crowd. Lol... Also, for this one, I think God led me to this scripture! Lol, I just so happened to open my Bible looking for scripture for Question #2 when I land on this! Wow, thanks God. :noidea: If you can, look at John 2 the one on "Warning about Antichrists". I have no idea why I landed on this one. Also, care to look at John 4 with the "Discerning False Prophets", that one seemed good too. :o

Question #2:

Date Setters and people claiming to be one of the Witnesses (or a prophet)

Yeah, strange...isn't it? Well, I mean, of course people are going to try and be a date setter or claim to be the witnesses or a propeht, but...does this empower people or something or is it just kind of a scare tactic?

(Look at the John 4 one on False Prophets AGAIN if you like for this one!) because, in there, it clearly says that there are many false prophets in this world.* That person claiming to be a prophet* acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, then that person has the Spirit of God. But if that person claims to be a prophet but does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, then that person is not from God. I wonder if those persons cared to read that part of scripture, lol. Seriously, like this guy that wrote the book called "2008: God's Final Witness" claims to be the Witness. BUT as someone has said, where the other witness? Is he under a rock, or on another planet?

Date Setters: what is it with date setters? In the Bible it says that (sorry, couldn't find the exact place of it, so just quoted it without word-to-word quoting) no man knows the day or hour of the Second Coming. Yeah, so um...unless God really didn't mean it (and God never fools Himself, we all know that!) there is really no reason for date setting, right? Sure, it's okay to speculate, but not say it's going to ACTUALLY happen. Sure, I can speculate...but wow...why would I say "Okay everyone, listen up! Jesus is coming back on Easter day, and you all need to get ready!" because I mean, that's contradicting myself AND what the Bible says, right? Lol...people are really trying aren't they?

Question #3:

Saying that all the Prophecies in Revelation have already taken place. Um?

My grandmother (when she was in her twenties and early thirties I think) told me recently that one of friends at the church she used to work at told her Jesus had already come back. And I said, okay, if Jesus HAS come back, then why didn't anyone see it?

Also, I know some people call Nero the AC. I guess this is because I believe he persecuted Christians, and his name in Roman or something equals some number that is supposed to be equal to the Antichrist's number.

This is the one that really confuses me the most!

Edited by Near

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Question #3:

My grandmother (when she was in her twenties and early thirties I think) told me recently that one of friends at the church she used to work at told her Jesus had already come back. And I said, okay, if Jesus HAS come back, then why didn't anyone see it?

Also, I know some people call Nero the AC. I guess this is because I believe he persecuted Christians, and his name in Roman or something equals some number that is supposed to be equal to the Antichrist's number.

Because Revelation is a book that largely records events based upon visions in the Spirit (ie Rev 4:2) and makes extensive use of symbols, there are many varying levels of literalism applied in its interpretation.

Some spiritualize it to the extent that events need not have a physical manifestation but are instead representative of spiritual battles (along the lines of Eph 6:12) and that references to the new Jerusalem and Bride etc represent the coming of the Holy Spirit and the Church. These are more likely to accept that the events of Revelation have been fulfilled in entirety.

Others who hold a more literal perspective believe that there are actual physical events that correspond to the record of Revelation (in line with Matt 6:10), and therefore place a greater emphasis on a final battle and the Lord's return. These are more likely to hold that the events of Revelation are either yet to be completed, or are only partially fulfilled.

Sometimes I have encountered paradoxes, such as those who hold to literalist and futurist interpretation of Revelation, yet claim prophecy has ceased (Rev 11:3).

Question #3:

Because Revelation is a book that largely records events based upon visions in the Spirit (ie Rev 4:2) and makes extensive use of symbols, there are many varying levels of literalism applied in its interpretation.

Some spiritualize it to the extent that events need not have a physical manifestation but are instead representative of spiritual battles (along the lines of Eph 6:12) and that references to the new Jerusalem and Bride etc represent the coming of the Holy Spirit and the Church. These are more likely to accept that the events of Revelation have been fulfilled in entirety.

Others who hold a more literal perspective believe that there are actual physical events that correspond to the record of Revelation (in line with Matt 6:10), and therefore place a greater emphasis on a final battle and the Lord's return. These are more likely to hold that the events of Revelation are either yet to be completed, or are only partially fulfilled.

Sometimes I have encountered paradoxes, such as those who hold to literalist and futurist interpretation of Revelation, yet claim prophecy has ceased (Rev 11:3).

I see.

I haven't yet met anyone who has been like this about the Prophecy and stuff, I just found this one REALLY confusing.

Thank you, Lost.Sheep!

Near :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1973

Question #2:

Date Setters and people claiming to be one of the Witnesses (or a prophet)

Yeah, strange...isn't it? Well, I mean, of course people are going to try and be a date setter or claim to be the witnesses or a propeht, but...does this empower people or something or is it just kind of a scare tactic?

(Look at the John 4 one on False Prophets AGAIN if you like for this one!) because, in there, it clearly says that there are many false prophets in this world.* That person claiming to be a prophet* acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, then that person has the Spirit of God. But if that person claims to be a prophet but does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, then that person is not from God. I wonder if those persons cared to read that part of scripture, lol. Seriously, like this guy that wrote the book called "2008: God's Final Witness" claims to be the Witness. BUT as someone has said, where the other witness? Is he under a rock, or on another planet?

Date Setters: what is it with date setters? In the Bible it says that (sorry, couldn't find the exact place of it, so just quoted it without word-to-word quoting) no man knows the day or hour of the Second Coming. Yeah, so um...unless God really didn't mean it (and God never fools Himself, we all know that!) there is really no reason for date setting, right? Sure, it's okay to speculate, but not say it's going to ACTUALLY happen. Sure, I can speculate...but wow...why would I say "Okay everyone, listen up! Jesus is coming back on Easter day, and you all need to get ready!" because I mean, that's contradicting myself AND what the Bible says, right? Lol...people are really trying aren't they?

Question #3:

I agree lost sheep. When i first believed i fell into camp of sensationalism. Using the next headline as the next full.of prophecy. I have noticed that what happens is we get an idea and then read it into scripture easily finding the prooftext for almost any argument.Literalst,futurist,prederist,covenantal,dispensational, & on & on & on. You know then if you've been down the road of esc..I have since not focused on the furture events and shifted to understanding the character of god and understanding how the believer lives as appose to how he wants to live.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Near, looking at end time prophesy should not be more than a hobby for a Christian. It happens to be my hobby to look at what's happening through the world and see how things come together and get a general understanding of what's going on.

To get inside of it, you have to go places that no Christian should ever go, and since there is really nothing you can do about it, unless you are truly dead to this world, it is not even spiritually healthy to even know.

Tracking down the antichrist is sort of like finding Carman San(whatever her name was). It should be no more than a mind exercise.

What would you do if God Himself came down here and said, "Near, I just want you do know that (so and so) is the antichrist." What in the world would you do. It's written in stone that he is here and what he's going to do, so why stress yourself out over it.

George won't let me post about those things here and "GOOD for HIM" for it is very destructive knowledge unless you are really really sold out to Jesus and ready to shead your head if need be.

So take all this antichrist talk with a grain of salt, for when it's time, all of the Lord's sheep will know and the Holy Spirit will tell you what to say and what to do..... and if you are not part of his sheep and in the book of life, then you'll fall hook line and sinker for the deception the God will send on this world to further condemn those that are not His.

When they tell you such things, just ask this question, "Hummmmm, alright, what am I supposed to do about it?" I have never seen any serious answer to that question except "Pray."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It can be a fun mental game though if you don't take it too serious. :emot-crying:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

It can be a fun mental game though if you don't take it too serious. :emot-wanttohug:

Reminds me of someone who was gossiping to me at work... He said do you know so and so. I said yeah. He replied by shes a witch, shes rude, and I think shes cheating on her husband. I said looked up and said ok. What do you think I am going to do with that? Truth is, nothing. Its gossip, and if your a true christian its not your concern, Only God is our concern. It is written in scripture NO ONE knows when and how the end times will exactly come about only the Father, not even the Son.

Heatherxoxoxox :th_praying:

Near, looking at end time prophesy should not be more than a hobby for a Christian. It happens to be my hobby to look at what's happening through the world and see how things come together and get a general understanding of what's going on.

To get inside of it, you have to go places that no Christian should ever go, and since there is really nothing you can do about it, unless you are truly dead to this world, it is not even spiritually healthy to even know.

Tracking down the antichrist is sort of like finding Carman San(whatever her name was). It should be no more than a mind exercise.

What would you do if God Himself came down here and said, "Near, I just want you do know that (so and so) is the antichrist." What in the world would you do. It's written in stone that he is here and what he's going to do, so why stress yourself out over it.

George won't let me post about those things here and "GOOD for HIM" for it is very destructive knowledge unless you are really really sold out to Jesus and ready to shead your head if need be.

So take all this antichrist talk with a grain of salt, for when it's time, all of the Lord's sheep will know and the Holy Spirit will tell you what to say and what to do..... and if you are not part of his sheep and in the book of life, then you'll fall hook line and sinker for the deception the God will send on this world to further condemn those that are not His.

When they tell you such things, just ask this question, "Hummmmm, alright, what am I supposed to do about it?" I have never seen any serious answer to that question except "Pray."

Thanks. I know, I was just wondering what kick people get out of it. Lol

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

It can be a fun mental game though if you don't take it too serious. :emot-hug:

Reminds me of someone who was gossiping to me at work... He said do you know so and so. I said yeah. He replied by shes a witch, shes rude, and I think shes cheating on her husband. I said looked up and said ok. What do you think I am going to do with that? Truth is, nothing. Its gossip, and if your a true christian its not your concern, Only God is our concern. It is written in scripture NO ONE knows when and how the end times will exactly come about only the Father, not even the Son.

Heatherxoxoxox :emot-hug:

I thought that's what scripture had said about only the Father knowing, not even the Son.