• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

They probably would be laid waste, with those trigger-happy Israelis sitting on a nuclear arsenal supplied by the US. The same US that actively tried to stop the UK from developing nuclear weapons of our own. Worth remembering, that is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

They probably would be laid waste, with those trigger-happy Israelis sitting on a nuclear arsenal supplied by the US. The same US that actively tried to stop the UK from developing nuclear weapons of our own. Worth remembering, that is.

I agree with you to a certain extent, David.

Trigger happy Israelis....trigger happy Americans.....the Iran/Contra affair under Thatcher.....

(let's not forget the trigger happy muslims.........and Nazi's here........ok? :whistling: )

But ultimately, I am on the side of Israel......even if it means opposing my own national identity. :24:

Israel has a right to defend herself. I'm not sure I approve of them having nuclear weapons, because let's be honest, they would use them and be damned to anyone else that's affected. A nuclear war in the middle east would be pretty catastrophic for everyone, but they'd do it anyway. So would Iran, now that I think of it. Interesting times ahead.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I see a wise move on the US not to act at that time. If they had reacted and blown them out of the water, then Iran would of cried to the world that they were attacked. Now that the truth is out, if they do it again, the US would be in the clear if they took action.

OneLight

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Israel has a right to defend herself. I'm not sure I approve of them having nuclear weapons, because let's be honest, they would use them and be damned to anyone else that's affected. A nuclear war in the middle east would be pretty catastrophic for everyone, but they'd do it anyway. So would Iran, now that I think of it. Interesting times ahead.

But they have not used them as yet........though they have been attacked innumerable times. They have seen their innocent civilians die, over and over again....yet have shown restraint.

This would not be the case if their muslim neighbours had possession of such weapons......do you think that they would not have used them by now? :whistling:

Even lunatics like Islamic terrorists would hesitate to nuke Israel. They know the Israelis will retaliate in kind and they know the world will stand by and let them do it. Not much use destroying Tel Aviv if Tehran gets flattened as well.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Even lunatics like Islamic terrorists would hesitate to nuke Israel. They know the Israelis will retaliate in kind and they know the world will stand by and let them do it. Not much use destroying Tel Aviv if Tehran gets flattened as well.

You are wrong about that. The terrorists know they can destroy hundreds of thousands of Israelis with 1 nuclear weapon, as soon as they get one in their posession, they will not hesitate to use it. Terrorists are not rational beings, if they were, they wouldn't blow themselves up and attack innocent civilians. Terrorists are committing fratricide, and genocide, if they are willing to kill thousands of their own brethren for their cause, they most definitely are willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of their own in a nuclear attack.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

A cigar boat is nothing compared to even the smallest US Warship, they are playing with fire, it's not wise to provoke someone that can destroy you with minimal effort.

Did you know that Jacque Chirac made a deal with Saddam Hussein that France would build a nuclear reactor in Iraq? The same nuclear reactor the "trigger-happy" Israelies destroyed in their bold and heroic air raid. Jacque Chirac, who was business partners with Saddam Hussein for his original nuclear program also opposed and sabotaged the US every step of the way, and during the run up to the 2nd Iraq War campaign.

Funny how this tidbit of information was forgotten. Conflict of interest? Can anyone still believe that Chirac was a friend of the US? No, he was an enemy and allied with Saddam Hussein. I am so glad he's gone and Sarkozy is now PM and repairing all the damage Chirac did to France. It's a wonder Chirac wasn't hung beside Saddam Hussein.

Osirak Controversy

In December 1974, Saddam Hussein (then vice-president of Iraq, but de facto dictator) invited Chirac to Baghdad for an official visit. Chirac accepted and visited Iraq in 1975. Saddam Hussein approved a deal granting French oil companies a number of privileges plus a 23 per cent share of Iraqi oil.[8] In a declaration on September 5, 1974, Chirac said about Saddam Hussein:

“ You are my personal friend. Let me assure you of my esteem, consideration and bond. (Vous

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I see a wise move on the US not to act at that time. If they had reacted and blown them out of the water, then Iran would of cried to the world that they were attacked. Now that the truth is out, if they do it again, the US would be in the clear if they took action.

OneLight

I agree OneLight, and my opinion of the US commanders at the scene is sky high with admiration. To have absolute power at your disposal when faced with those trying to tease you into an indiscretion is one of the most difficult of military options. It brings to mind the temptations of Jesus in the wilderness (In this case the Persian Gulf.)

Hats off to those who were in command.

It would be excellent if those who made the decisions became aware of how much their efficiency and wisdom is appreciated.

A cigar boat is nothing compared to even the smallest US Warship, they are playing with fire, it's not wise to provoke someone that can destroy you with minimal effort.

Did you know that Jacque Chirac made a deal with Saddam Hussein that France would build a nuclear reactor in Iraq? The same nuclear reactor the "trigger-happy" Israelies destroyed in their bold and heroic air raid. Jacque Chirac, who was business partners with Saddam Hussein for his original nuclear program also opposed and sabotaged the US every step of the way, and during the run up to the 2nd Iraq War campaign.

Funny how this tidbit of information was forgotten. Conflict of interest? Can anyone still believe that Chirac was a friend of the US? No, he was an enemy and allied with Saddam Hussein. I am so glad he's gone and Sarkozy is now PM and repairing all the damage Chirac did to France. It's a wonder Chirac wasn't hung beside Saddam Hussein.

Osirak Controversy

In December 1974, Saddam Hussein (then vice-president of Iraq, but de facto dictator) invited Chirac to Baghdad for an official visit. Chirac accepted and visited Iraq in 1975. Saddam Hussein approved a deal granting French oil companies a number of privileges plus a 23 per cent share of Iraqi oil.[8] In a declaration on September 5, 1974, Chirac said about Saddam Hussein: