IGNORED

Why do atheists assume evolution is fact?

HopesDaughter

Why Not

"For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God" John 12:43

Believe And Confess

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16

When You Know The Truth

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" John 14:6

And You Know You Yearn To Be Free

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed" John 8:36

:)

Are you short or dumpy? Who lied to you? I bet you own a rx-7 or a race bike

:emot-hug::12::24:

Who Told Who Told

Body Types, Racy Sport Cars Or Fancy Bikes Aside

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord" Ephesians 5:19

Love Is Always The Classy Choice For The Well Dressed Believer

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another" John 13:34

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

[The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Acts 2:21

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" 1 Corinthians 3:18-21

:thumbsup:

I have a BA and and MS in biology, taught biology and chemistry for a while, then got a law degree. I've done a lot of work dealing with environmental issues. One of my kids is an MD, one a PhD in Genetics and one has an undergraduate neuroscience degree

:whistling:

Oh Boy! These Are Serious Credentials. Have You Meet The Lord Jesus Yet?

:thumbsup:

Serious Truth For Serious People

There Is No Profit In A Falling World

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mark 8:36

And We Know The Conclusion Of The Whole Matter

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Ecclesiastes 12:12-14

But If One Invests Wisely

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see
Revelation 3:18

By Accepting Adoption

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father
Romans 8:15

By Faith

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:14-16

You Have God As Your Father - Jesus As LORD - The Holy Spirit Indwelling

No Better Credentials Anywhere In The Universe

No Greater Wealth Throughout The Cosmos

No Better Health Than Eternal Health

No Greater Truth In All The Books

Than To See Jesus And Believe

:cool:

And Be Blessed Beloved

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

Guest aworldofmanyfools
Sure, I like him.

so do Mormons, so do Roman Catholics, so do Jehovah's Witnesses....and, like you, they all believe lies which pervert and twist the truth

they won't be in the Kingdom

How To Please God

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" Hebrews 11:6

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" John 14:6

"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" Acts 16:31

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" Romans 10:9

:o

Oh Boy! These Are Serious Credentials. Have You Meet The Lord Jesus Yet?
I wasn't trying to blow my own horn just attempting to suggest that perhaps I have a more substantial science education than the average bear.

And have I met Jesus?

Sure, I like him.

What I don't like are the maroons who keep telling me that I need to believe a very particular way in order to please him.

:help:

What?

Who?

Me?

You May Have A Point There! :):emot-LOL::24:

:hmmm:

I Have No Doubt You Honestly Earned Every Degree

As I Have No Doubt You Are Rightfully Proud Of Your Children

I Know I Would Do You A Grave Disservice Not To Share The Good News

For Without Faith In The Lord Jesus Christ All Is Lost Forever

And Degrees And Wealth And Power Mean Nothing

And You Deserve The Best Worthy Offers

Because God Drew You Here

To Learn Of Him

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls
Matthew 11:19

Toot Toot For The Bible

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

[Found inside a Gideon's New Testament]

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/cat2.htm

Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1978

I am a Christian who believes in evolution, however, I do not believe we evolve from apes. I believe God created each of us and evolution was put into effect afterwards. Somehow, I believe it all works together. It makes sense in my mind but I'm pretty sure you guys won't think so. I can't get my words out right.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

I am a Christian who believes in evolution, however, I do not believe we evolve from apes. I believe God created each of us and evolution was put into effect afterwards. Somehow, I believe it all works together. It makes sense in my mind but I'm pretty sure you guys won't think so. I can't get my words out right.

I have that same problem :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.83
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I have that same problem :blink:

I feel the same way. It's easier not to get involved in these discussions. Yet, I bet there is a lot of us out there who believe in evolution within the creation timeline as testified in God's Word. :blink:

Guest youropinion

http://www.trueorigin.org/spetner1.asp

the crux of the issue is drawing a clear distinction between adaptation/speciation/genetic drift (true science), and common descent (junk science)

At the outset, I shall establish an important and necessary guideline in this discussion of evolution. The word evolution is generally used in at least two different senses, and the distinction between them is important. On the one hand, the word evolution is used to denote the descent of all life from a putative single primitive source. It is the grand sweep of evolution that is supposed to have led from a simple beginning, something perhaps simpler than a bacterium, to all organisms living today, including humans. This descent is supposed to have occurred through purely natural means. Neo-Darwinian theory (NDT), which is the prevailing theory of evolution, teaches that this development occurred through random heritable variations in the organisms followed by natural selection. I shall denote the word evolution used in this sense as Evolution A. When evolution is discussed for popular consumption, it is most often Evolution A.

The second sense in which the word evolution is used is to denote any kind of change of a population. The change can sometimes occur in response to environmental pressure (artificial or natural selection), and sometimes it can just be random (genetic drift). I shall denote the word used in this second sense as Evolution B. Evolution B has been observed. Evolution A is an inference, but is not observable. The distinction between these two meanings of evolution parallels the distinction between macroevolution and microevolution, but the two pairs of terms are not identical. Evolution A is certainly what is called macroevolution, but what is called macroevolution is not identical with Evolution A. In any case, I prefer to use the A and B to avoid having to carry whatever baggage might go with the macro/micro distinction.

The distinction between these two meanings of evolution is often ignored by the defenders of Neo-Darwinian evolution. But the distinction is critical. The claim is made for Evolution A, but the proof offered is limited to Evolution B. The implication is that the observation of Evolution B is a substantiation of Evolution A. But this is not so. Since Evolution A is not an observable, it can only be substantiated by circumstantial evidence. This circumstantial evidence is principally the fossil record, amino-acid-sequence comparisons, and comparative anatomy. Circumstantial evidence must be accompanied by a theory of how it relates to what is to be proved. NDT is generally accepted to be that theory. The strength of the circumstantial evidence for Evolution A can therefore be no better than the strength of NDT.

The important claim of Neo-Darwinism is that it can account for Evolution A. The public perceives this claim as the core of the controversy over evolution. This claim is also the source of the contention by evolutionists that life is the result of purely natural processes, which ensue from well-known natural laws. I have examined this claim in my book Not By Chance!, and have found it to be empty.

Edited by youropinion

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.83
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

What do you think the creation timeline of Genesis is? How old is the earth? 6 actual days?
The earth is between 6-10 thousand years. Closer to 6 thousand.

6 actual days?
The Bible states that God created the earth in six days, and rested on the 7th day. You know that God is outside of time and have heard many times that a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is a day to God. 2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a THOUSAND YEARS, and a THOUSAND YEARS as one day. (BEV) I really don't wish to say any more on this subject than what I have already said.

Guest Charles-Darwin
What do you think the creation timeline of Genesis is? How old is the earth? 6 actual days?
The earth is between 6-10 thousand years. Closer to 6 thousand.

6 actual days?
The Bible states that God created the earth in six days, and rested on the 7th day. You know that God is outside of time and have heard many times that a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is a day to God. 2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a THOUSAND YEARS, and a THOUSAND YEARS as one day. (BEV) I really don't wish to say any more on this subject than what I have already said.

if the earth is only 6-10,000 years old how do you explain that using tree rings..we can show the earth to be well over 10,000 years old?

Edited by Charles-Darwin