IGNORED

i need help

Guest jabjab

Guest jabjab

:blink:

i got a dip of skoal today and i preveously quit and i promised got i wouldnt do it and it was a mistake will god take my life for it

Guest LCPGUY

Welcome here jabjab!!!

No, God will not punish you for breaking that promise. However, be very discerning and cautious about promising God what you will or won't do in the future.

There is no place in the Bible where "taking a dip of Skoal" is a sin.

I suggest you read Romans chapter 7 to see what Paul says about sinning. The struggle between what he wants to do vs. what he does do. Then continue with the first 1st verse of chapter 8.

Again, Welcome...

John

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Friend,

I'm not sure I understand your questions or intentions but just in case you are truly reaching out, there is another seeker who asked a question in the same general context. You can find the discussion at the following thread:

Smoking a Sin?

Hope it helps.

Wayne

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Friend,

I'm not sure I understand your questions or intentions but just in case you are truly reaching out, there is another seeker who asked a question in the same general context.  You can find the discussion at the following thread:

Smoking a Sin?

Hope it helps.

Wayne

Saved by Grace, I think his main problem is that he broke a promice to God, not the taking a dip. At least that is what I got from it, and John's post says what I would..... so I won't say it again.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Friend,

I'm not sure I understand your questions or intentions but just in case you are truly reaching out, there is another seeker who asked a question in the same general context.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

Your first question was answered well, so I'll address the next one.

If you're in a serious relationship, and have friends who are girls (I'm assuming that you're a boy) I would advise you to talk it over with your girlfriend , and see how she feels about your friendships. If she's comfortable with it, great! If not, maybe you should talk more and find out why not.If you're that serious, you should be able to talk about these things. If it's making her unhappy, maybe you need to prioritize what's more important to you. The friends, or the girlfriend.I wish you the best in sorting all this out, bro!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,296
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  04/07/1989

If you say something, then you should follow through on it. Trust me, I would know.

But God isn't going to punish you for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pianist4him

hey jabjab...

first of all... everyone messes up! but god is not going to condemn you if you mess up as long as you are giving a 110% effort to live right. i smoked for a very long time... and again and again i told god that i wouldn't do it ever again! each time i messed up and was sure that god was going to strike me down for messing up... but now i realize he saw my efforts and blessed me for that. i have now been free from smoking for almost 30 days!!!!!!!!! god is faithful... as long as you are too!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/13/1976

Okay, first I would like to say that... God knows if you are trying. If you are putting Him first and trusting in Him for the strength to be more Christ like. We are still human and being human, we struggle with the sin nature. We are constantly waring with our flesh. God is a forgiving God as long as you have His Son Jesus as your Savior and Lord.

hey jabjab...

first of all... everyone messes up! but god is not going to condemn you if you mess up as long as you are giving a 110% effort to live right. i smoked for a very long time... and again and again i told god that i wouldn't do it ever again! each time i messed up and was sure that god was going to strike me down for messing up... but now i realize he saw my efforts and blessed me for that. i have now been free from smoking for almost 30 days!!!!!!!!! god is faithful... as long as you are too!

Now, pianist4him... I think you got the jist of it... However, some of your comments concern me a bit. I just don't want others to be mislead by misunderstanding.

The first part about the 110%, I think I covered that already. By the way, congrats on not smoking! :wacko:

The only other thing I would say is that, God is faitful even if we are not. God is not human and subject to human/sin nature... So, whether we are faithful or not... He can not lie... so He is faithful to His word.

Jesus promised to never leave us or forsake us... it is not a conditional promise! Once you have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior.. and live accordingly, you are then able to receive ALL of His promises.

John is right though... you should be very careful to promise anything to God. It is writen to make your yes mean yes, and your no mean no. But not to sware, either by heaven or earth, by anything that is in either, nor by God himself, nor your own self... for you can not change one thing on your own... like your "natural" hair color, eye color... you get the point.

Instead, why don't you try just asking God to help you to change the behaviors that are unpleasing in His eyes... or yours. Remeber, He is faithful...

YSIC,

Alison :hug: