kitty1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Mainly because most people I know don't consider sunday to be the Sabbath. They meet, as you said about Chirst, because it is their "custom"....... not a commandment.

there are many ways to kindle a fire...... the Bible does not distinguish between them, so if you do kindle (start) fires you are breaking the Sabbath....... big or little it's still breaking.

I think it's time for me to just leave it with the readers, becuase from here we would have to get personal and that will not help in any way.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Well I agree with the premise that other one was trying to state, if you don't follow ALL of the laws laid down for the Sabbath then your still wrong, and you have not honored the Lord and the day correctly.

Well I agree with the premise that other one was trying to state, if you don't follow ALL of the laws laid down for the Sabbath then your still wrong, and you have not honored the Lord and the day correctly.

You know what I mean. The premise may be viable, but not in the way he stated it. The utilities are going to function no matter what. They are not going to close down because it is Saturday or Sunday. Now if you go into a restaraunt, and order a meal, someone has to cook the food and serve it. Or you go shopping and have to have a clerk to check you out, those are things directly causing someone to have to work. If it is a general service that is going to function no matter what your doing, it has no bearing. I don't support the Satuday Sabbath, neither am I against it, but the utility and public worker argument is moot. :whistling:

:whistling: if you notice Mr. C, I didn't say anything about that, I was very careful not too..................... :whistling:

:whistling: if you notice Mr. C, I didn't say anything about that, I was very careful not too..................... :whistling:

Ok Sis, I am really confused now, but it ain't like that's hard to do. . .

I don't agree with the "making someone else work" that another one brought up, but I also don't believe you can pull the Sabbath outta the air and say I honor the Sabbath and ignore all of the "rules" that were given as ways to observe the Sabbath. If you see someone working, do you run out and stone them? Do you cook, anything, cause one of the rules was no cooking........the list goes on and on, if your not going to observe them all then why make a stand on HAVING to observe the Sabbath when according to the word, your not, if you don't do all of them. Wow I just re-read this, does it make any sense?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well we do have scripture, how exactly did Jesus tell us to observe the Sabbath and what verse is that contained? I can certainly find scripture addressing nine of the so called Ten Commandments (the concept of "10" commandments is not in scripture but simply a later way of ordering some of the moral law). Can you guess which one of those ten is never addressed by Christ?

I can show you how Moses told you to observe the Sabbath and in addition how to observe all of the Law given in Exodus we can indeed go over those things also if you wish. One would think that if you wish to enter observance of the Law you would follow scripture in how to bind yourself to these ordinances from God including Sabbath observance. Our Orthodox Jewish brothers and sisters have followed these ordinances for close to thirty centuries, we don't really have to guess how God wanted them observed.

What we cannot do is simply make up how WE want to follow the Sabbath and then claim we are somehow fulfilling the Law as given in Exodus concerning the Sabbath by going to church on Saturday, which is not Sabbath observance as given in scripture, not even close.

Now I think we have some people who hold Saturday as special as a way of helping them be closer to God, and as scripture says some observe one day, others observe another, I think that is great. But don

I don't agree with the "making someone else work" that another one brought up, but I also don't believe you can pull the Sabbath outta the air and say I honor the Sabbath and ignore all of the "rules" that were given as ways to observe the Sabbath. If you see someone working, do you run out and stone them? Do you cook, anything, cause one of the rules was no cooking........the list goes on and on, if your not going to observe them all then why make a stand on HAVING to observe the Sabbath when according to the word, your not, if you don't do all of them. Wow I just re-read this, does it make any sense?

I do keep the Sabbath. I have my main worship day and fellowship on the Sabbath. I abstain from work on the Sabbath. I do no shopping on the Sabbath. Major cooking is done on Friday. I keep the Sabbath from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.

As I said before, all this talk is just an excuse to not observe the Sabbath at all, and that is not good. You can't use your human reasoning to reason out of obeying God's commandments. Sabbath observance is one of the 10 Commandment laws and those who are not observing it will get in trouble with God.

And thats your opinion and your entitled to it, my opinion is your wrong...........but I don't think God will punish you for it, unless you try to tell other people they will be punished for not doing it.

I feel like I have been staring at one of those spinning wheels with the spiral thing painted on it. . . :whistling:

Your point is in there, and I get it. . . :whistling:

Well then, my job here is complete I can move on in my goal of confusing all others who cross my path! :whistling:

And thats your opinion and your entitled to it, my opinion is your wrong...........but I don't think God will punish you for it, unless you try to tell other people they will be punished for not doing it.

This is not my opinion. God wrote the 10 Commandments and Christians are to observe all of them. Not 9 of them and alter the 4th one. You would have to convince me that all 10 Commandments are no longer valid in order to show that the 7th day Sabbath is no longer binding.

Sorry my friend, I don't have to convince you of anything, thats God's job and I try to stay out of His way since He knows what He's doing. All I can do is share my point of view, the rest of it is up to Him and you.

I do keep the Sabbath. I have my main worship day and fellowship on the Sabbath. I abstain from work on the Sabbath. I do no shopping on the Sabbath. Major cooking is done on Friday. I keep the Sabbath from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.

As I said before, all this talk is just an excuse to not observe the Sabbath at all, and that is not good. You can't use your human reasoning to reason out of obeying God's commandments. Sabbath observance is one of the 10 Commandment laws and those who are not observing it will get in trouble with God.

And once again:

Exodus 31:16-17 16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. 17 It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.'"

There is no end run around this scripture. The Sabbath was commanded to be observed by the Israelites. No one else. Period.

Secondly, as has already been pointed out on numerous occasions, in numerous threads on this very same subject: There is not one single command in the NT concerning the Sabbath. Not one. The "10 commandments" point is as moot as the causing others to work point. Christ fulfilled the Sabbath, and He is Lord of the Sabbath. It's not a difficult concept.

Jesus is lord of the Sabbath, but that doesn't mean that he abolished the Sabbath. The ENTIRE Bible is binding on Christians; not just the NT. The Sabbath was first given in creation week; over 2000 years before there were any Israelites. As for Sunday, there is no commandment to keep it in the ENTIRE BIBLE. Because of that, there is more scriptural support for 7th say Sabbath observance than Sunday observance.

No the ENTIRE Bible isn't binding on Christians, there are laws that were only for Israel, or Priest, or woman or men or Nazarites.........please.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I was just wondering if the Sabbath was Saturday or Sunday? I have heard different ppl say different days. Also our calandar's week starts Sunday making Saturday the last day of the week.

Is the day important or a matter of picking one and observing it as the Sabbath?

The actual sabbath is when Christ returns and sets up his kingdom on earth. It is God's rest. God set one day out of seven for us to remember what is coming and in like manner keep it holy. Not doing our own thing or our own will on His Holy Day. A mirror of what is to come. Prior to the day of the Lord, The sabbath, God's rest. The world built and run by man will fall and never, ever rise again.