• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

and millions of flapping gums

Serious question for you, immovabletruth:

Why come to a forum if the only opinion you care about is your own?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

ImmovableTruth, you should consider yourself fortunate to be able to dialogue with a man who is willing to share with you his knowledge.

an oil driller is going to teach me about the ancient history of this earth? hardly....

no, there is ONE witness of the ancient history of this earth...only one...and millions of flapping gums, spouting speculations and random opinions/conjecture... here today and six feet under tomorrow....so much wind through canyon walls

I'll take the 3500 year Word of the Almighty, what God has declared through His servant Moses, with whom he spoke FACE TO FACE, over ANY puny human being, and it's tragic I have to explain this on a so-called "Christian" message board...absolutely tragic, I'm used to it on pagan forums, but this is ridiculous

then again, these are the last days, and many apostates have gone out into the world

2 Timothy 4

In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

welcome to 2008 and beyond...but we are victorious over all who oppose the Truth

Well you continue to get things wrong. I am NOT an oil driller. I plan the wells, I do the geology for the resevoir and planning and executing the completion plans. I hold several patents in new technologies in the field. If you wish to continue this conversation I would suggest not trying to make this personal.

Lcash

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

You're still personally attacking your brothers (sisters?) in Christ. You can disagree with them if you wish, but trying to belittle and personally attack those who disagree with you is, to be frank, childish and un-Christlike. Your "opponents" are, on the whole, being respectful (I would have snapped the moment you threw the accusation of idolatry out there, in fact I went on a little rant, to no one in particular, as I'm currently home alone), why can you not do the same?

Attacking Lcash and Samuel Cripps is uncalled for, and is doing nothing to help you win your case. On top of that, you are simply dismissing (or ignoring) the things they are showing you, dismissing their arguments as strawmen when you are clearly setting up more than your share of our scarecrow friends. I have seen you, several times in this thread (and others) simply dismiss a credible claim with a remark that amounts "you're dumb".

Not cool, man.

I plan the wells, I do the geology for the resevoir and planning and executing the completion plans. I hold several patents in new technologies in the field.

how this qualifies you to talk about the ancient history of this planet, I have no idea....I plan and design groundwater recovery wells, and have for well over a decade, but I don't claim to be any expert on the history of this earth, aside from what God has revealed

the sheer arrogance of these pundits/"experts" in 2008 is astounding to me

Maybe it's because of the training I recieved in order to get where I am. Also the amount of deposits and geological material I have spent years looking at in a microscope. I have recovered fossils from all over the world at depths that show the earth is far older than 6000 years and show no evidence for a global flood. So far all you have done is give us links to AIG. If you have an argument then make it but if all you want to do is fight I have better things to do.

Lcash

Edited by Lcash

you are simply dismissing (or ignoring) the things they are showing you, dismissing their arguments as strawmen

becuase they are....they weren't there, they don't have the slightest clue...they only know what they've been told

this is a Christian forum, we come here to discuss the issues relative to the truth of God's Word, I can get the secular viewpoint anywhere in the media...I'm not here to discuss issues with agnostics/atheists, been there, done that...to be honest I really don't care what they think about anything

Do you know what a strawman is? Because I don't think you do. And why make this distinction between "secular" and "non-secular"? It seems rather silly to me, of course the large majority of American Christianity makes this distinction, and places too much emphasis on it. Isn't truth Truth, no matter where it comes from?

As for "only knowing what they've been told", isn't that the only way to learn these thigns without re-inventing the wheel? Aren't all your arguments simply things that you've been told, by AiG, no less?

You have yet to address the personal attacks you have launched against your brothers and sisters.

So far all you have done is give us links to AIG.

and all you do is speculate from a naturalostic/agnostic/secular world view.. it's an impasse...mutually exclusive views...so we may as well agree to disagree, if you reject the Bible, I have to ask why you're here

Do you ever get something right? I am a Christian and have been for longer than you have probably been alive judging from the immature nature of your posts. I find it amazing to see God's creation through the perspective of science. It is not opposed to Christ.

Lcash

As for "only knowing what they've been told", isn't that the only way to learn these thigns without re-inventing the wheel? Aren't all your arguments simply things that you've been told, by AiG, no less?

no, they are what God's Word declares...AIG uses the Bible as the foundation, the way it should be done

again, it's appalling to me why there are so many heretics in this world who claim to be followers of Christ

Wait, so people who don't take the Old Testament to be literal, historical, scientific truth are heretics? How so? Do they deny the divinity of Christ? The Goodness of God? Please, explain. I'm oh so eager to hear it.

Also, way to cut out the vast majority of what I'm saying to you. Are you ignoring all of that?

Guest Biblicist

Genesis 7

17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth.

18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water.

19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.

20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. ,

21 Every living thing that moved on the earth perished

One question for the Young Earth Creationists. Why are there no short half lifed radioisotopes in the earths crust? Short lived such as 2 million years.

Lcash

Guest Biblicist
Genesis 7

17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth.

18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water.

19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.

20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. ,

21 Every living thing that moved on the earth perished