• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1974

i havent been to church in some time and i feel its time to go back but im afraid of what others will say to me when i go about why i havent been any suggestions

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I'm kinda blunt, so if someone actually had the nerve to ask I'd probably say thats between me and God! If its somewhere I went to for years and really knew the people, I'd just say, Yeah, I know and I've missed you too!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I'm kinda blunt, so if someone actually had the nerve to ask I'd probably say thats between me and God! If its somewhere I went to for years and really knew the people, I'd just say, Yeah, I know and I've missed you too!

Well Put! :emot-wave:

The reasons are not theirs to know, if you don't feel like getting into it. Those who push the issue are doing so for ungodly reasons. They might be gossipers, backbiters or the like. Pay them no mind, for they are no about Gods business.

If you feel uncomfortable, pray and see if you are where God wants yo to be.

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

I agree that it's between you and God and you don't owe them any explanation! Hopefully they won't ask but will just be glad to see you! Perhaps you can just say something like "well I'm here now and that's the main thing!"

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Church is about restoration....Paul said it the ministry of reconciliation...your responsibility and theirs...Swallow your pride and recieve a blessing for all parties involved. It is a part of the spiritual experience of all of us.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/05/1962

Then again, if I had been absent for an extended period of time and nobody asked me where or why I had been I would feel that nobody really cared that much for me in the first place.

~Neeva

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Church is about restoration....Paul said it the ministry of reconciliation...your responsibility and theirs...Swallow your pride and recieve a blessing for all parties involved. It is a part of the spiritual experience of all of us.

Yet, Brother, maybe not all parties are truly concerned. I would never return to anywhere and just tell everyone and anyone what I've been up to. That has nothing to do with pride, but wisdom. God will lead a returning person to those who really would help. The returning person will know who they are.

OneLight

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Then again, if I had been absent for an extended period of time and nobody asked me where or why I had been I would feel that nobody really cared that much for me in the first place.

~Neeva

Put those thoughts behind you...it is non-productive thought...People are so private and non-commital that people move in and put of church in our transient society...it is not proof positive that they were not concerned about you...they may not have known how to approach you. People often don't know what to say, without being overly confrontational or nosey...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Birthday:  12/05/1962

~Neeva

Put those thoughts behind you...it is non-productive thought...People are so private and non-commital that people move in and put of church in our transient society...it is not proof positive that they were not concerned about you...they may not have known how to approach you. People often don't know what to say, without being overly confrontational or nosey...

I appreciate the sentiment but I was attempting to make a point (quite poorly obviously). Personally I would not care very much either way.

I was concerned by the number of responses suggesting that if anyone brought the issue up it would be a bad thing. While I certainly understand that it could be done with that motivation I was trying to point out that it didn't necessarily have to be.

~Neeva

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

~Neeva

I appreciate the sentiment but I was attempting to make a point (quite poorly obviously). Personally I would not care very much either way.

I was concerned by the number of responses suggesting that if anyone brought the issue up it would be a bad thing. While I certainly understand that it could be done with that motivation I was trying to point out that it didn't necessarily have to be.

~Neeva

Only the Lord needs to know your ins and outs and why. God's people will be glad to see you, and if you want to share why, that is up to you. YSIC Littlelite