• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

We know that is God who saves. But God uses people to reach us with the gospel. I would be intersted in hearing who God used in your life. I think it would be beneficial to get back occassionally to the rehearsal of how it all happened in our lives.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

well for me ... our family moved into a new neighborhood and my now pastor lived up the street and he came down to our house and invited us to church... we had been searching for a church and was getting very frustraghted hunting a church cause we just didnt seem to beable to agree on one we all liked together... so we went to this church and we all liked it but in truth it was alot different than what we were use to.. indepentant church nondenominational.... but most would say penticostal.... now we were not use to people saying amen to loud or alot of clapping ... people saying amen and preach it brother or what ever... we were like ok we are close to the door so if mom said run lol we are out of here... like if someone brought out a snake lol... but it really ended up being a good true word of God preaching church... and we kept going and both me and hubby redeaicated our lifes to Jesus and both my kids got saved with in a year or year and half.... Praise the Lord...

and the snake part was a joke so hope this dont get twisted up and i ended up hearing i am going to a snake handling church!!!!!!cause that isnt what i said...

God bless sister vicki

Guest sweetnsassy

A good friend of mine named Barb. introduced me to Jesus Christ and I was saved back in 1993/

I will be forever grateful to her for changing my life and my eternity- :emot-hug: .

sassy

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom,

A ROCK OPERA written by David Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice called JESUS CHRIST -SUPERSTAR.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

The person who was instrumental in my salvation was a woman that was married to a man who had to take a paternity test to see if he was the dad of my daughter. I had lived a life of addiction and all the things that go along with living in deep sin.

This woman was so kind to me....I was extremely confused by her kind charity to a woman who had been with her husband. This occurred before their marriage but the two were engaged at the time. Because I was so puzzled by her kindness I asked her why....her words to me were "if I don't forgive you, the Lord won't forgive me." Then shortly after she mailed to my apartment 3 boxes of clothing for my daughter that her own small daughter had grown out of, included in one of the boxes was a bible and written on the inside by her was "get in the word and stay in the word"......

by the way, it turned out her husband was not my daughter's dad.....

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

My Grandfather and my Sunday School teacher when I was 9. I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 5 but I clearly remember this particular Sunday School teacher really discipling me.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The person who was instrumental in my salvation was a woman that was married to a man who had to take a paternity test to see if he was the dad of my daughter. I had lived a life of addiction and all the things that go along with living in deep sin.

This woman was so kind to me....I was extremely confused by her kind charity to a woman who had been with her husband. This occurred before their marriage but the two were engaged at the time. Because I was so puzzled by her kindness I asked her why....her words to me were "if I don't forgive you, the Lord won't forgive me." Then shortly after she mailed to my apartment 3 boxes of clothing for my daughter that her own small daughter had grown out of, included in one of the boxes was a bible and written on the inside by her was "get in the word and stay in the word"......

Jackie d, you have proven yourself to be without vanity and to have enormous courage by posting this. God brings people into our lives in the strangest ways. You are blessed to have met this woman and I'm so happy for you that you left your old life behind. :whistling:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

For me, the Holy Spirit used many people to bring me to a place where I would see my sin. The one, but not the first, was when I was addicted to drugs. I had put my family in a hard place, owing back rent and other outstanding bills. I went to a loan company to take out a loan in order to get caught up. This place was less then 1/2 a mile from where we were living, but still, by the time I got home, I had put more then half the money in my veins. When I got home, all hyped up an drugs, my youngest met me outside on the deck. She was wearing a ripped dress, messed up hair and had a dirty face from playing. A poster child, if I may. When she saw me walking onto the deck, as many thoughts rushed through my mind on how I was going to get myself out of this situation, she ran up to me with her arms held high, wore a great big smile and her eyes gleamed love in the most innocent way, she said, "I Love You Daddy!" My heart broke to a point that it had never before been.

OneLight

For me, the Holy Spirit used many people to bring me to a place where I would see my sin. The one, but not the first, was when I was addicted to drugs. I had put my family in a hard place, owing back rent and other outstanding bills. I went to a loan company to take out a loan in order to get caught up. This place was less then 1/2 a mile from where we were living, but still, by the time I got home, I had put more then half the money in my veins. When I got home, all hyped up an drugs, my youngest met me outside on the deck. She was wearing a ripped dress, messed up hair and had a dirty face from playing. A poster child, if I may. When she saw me walking onto the deck, as many thoughts rushed through my mind on how I was going to get myself out of this situation, she ran up to me with her arms held high, wore a great big smile and her eyes gleamed love in the most innocent way, she said, "I Love You Daddy!" My heart broke to a point that it had never before been.

OneLight

Praise God for the unconditional love of our children. They have been the instruments and lifelines of many who suffer such horrible disease.

And how good is our God to restore the years the moth has eaten.

Jackie d, you have proven yourself to be without vanity and to have enormous courage by posting this. God brings people into our lives in the strangest ways. You are blessed to have met this woman and I'm so happy for you that you left your old life behind. :whistling:

the Lord rescued me from a place where the demons live. I boast of Him in this and will NEVER hide it from myself or others as it is a testimony of the gospel of Christ and Christ's line of work is saving those who are lost. It is so sweet to think about. :whistling:

Charity comes in many forms......

blessings