• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Marijuana addiction can ruin your life because it puts you in a depressed state.

Have you ever smoked pot?

This could become a confessional you know

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

To take it a step further though, why is it anyone's business whether or not an adult chooses to smoke pot?

It's not.

However, taking it to the step of legalizing it for society in general and even advocating it in Vending Machines makes it my problem because I have kids. I remember when cigarettes were in Vending Machines. My friends and I took great pleasure in sneaking up and buying them when the adults at the local drug store weren't looking. Matter of fact one of us would run interference while the others put money in to buy them. :taped:

I really have to add this though;

Le

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

No. Have you?

Yes I have. When I was younger. Thats probably true of most people. I was never that big on it because I never smoked and its rough on your lungs. However, in so far as drugs go, tobacco and alcohol included, pot is not that addictive and I have certainly never heard of anyone getting depressed from it. After all, Willie Nelson seems like a pretty good natured guy.

My thing is that who am I, or you, or anyone to tell another adult what they can do to their own body. If someone wants to sit around and smoke pot all day, then while I think thats a bad idea, who am I to tell them they can't. So long as they are in their own home, then what concern is it of mine. In terms of costs to society, smoking and obesity certainly rank a lot higher, but we don't tell people they can't smoke in their own home or sit around all day over eating and never exercising.

I would also point out that from a biblical perspective, if something is a sin (and I don't really think smoking pot is), then one should choose of their own volition not to engage in it, not be legally compelled not to. Sure, if that individual actions directly impacts the freedom or safety of others, then there is certainly a role for law there, but in so far as something like pot usage goes, I don't really see that being the case. Moreover, even if it were legal, its not like I would go out and start smoking a bowl every day after work. I would just assume not trash my lungs. However, those that want to smoke pot are already doing it. Its not like this big brother law we have against it has accomplished anything.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

These vending machines are outside to clinic that dispenses medical pot during the day, and can be only used when the clinic is closed for the night. The question has been asked ... how log do you think they will stay there before someone cleans them out?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Marijuana addiction can ruin your life because it puts you in a depressed state.

Have you ever smoked pot?

Not that I'm proud of it but yes...................and it makes you get the giggles and eat everything in sight, I'd rather see somebody smoking pot than drinking which is a depressant and makes too many people mean and loose all sense of decency.

• Topic Count:  183
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

the demon weed

Somebody's been brainwashed.

Amazing how much "demon weed" can help cancer patients.

Asside from the fact that it's sinful to break the laws of your city, nothing.

The only reason I can see for not indulging in illegal drugs is simply because they are illegal. God sets law makers and laws in place for our protection. I trust Him.

That is an interesting libertarian take on it. It's legal in Oregon (and now California evidently) yet the Federal Government still has laws against it, don't they? How does that work? If it is legal somewhere in America then it's only a matter of time, I think.

It's also legal in other countries around the world like Holland, for example. So what makes it OK in one place but not in another? The character of legislating politicians? :rolleyes:

Is it OK that everyone in America these days seems to be addicted to some kind of "medication"?

Addictions to legal drugs seem to be acceptable in America today.

the demon weed

Somebody's been brainwashed.

Amazing how much "demon weed" can help cancer patients.

there are other legal drugs that do anything pot can do and better...so that is hardly a justification.

But it is a good excuse for legalization.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315

:rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  183
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

there are other legal drugs that do anything pot can do and better...so that is hardly a justification.

I dare you to find a single legal drug that treats all of the following

nausea

chronic pain

muscle spasms

the pathology of glaucoma

the pathology of Alzheimer's

the pathology of Tourette's

the pathology of epilepsy

the pathology of multiple sclerosis

the pathology of anorexia

I dare you. Until then, don't trash God's gifts to us.