dgolvach

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Suppose you all alone on a deserted island but had the capability to build robots. You built many of them and put them in two catagories. One group you programmed to adore you, serve you and constantly sing about how wonderful you are. The other group you programmed with needs and desires and most importantly the ability to choose to love you or reject you. The first group is 100% guarenteed to serve you with absolute obedience to your commands and you have total ownership of all of them. These robots are as if not more beauitful as the free will group. The second free will group has blemishes and defects because they make their own choices that are not always what the factory intended them for. Many of them rejected you but some of them chose to love and serve you with the option they themselves had full ownership of because you relenqueshed ownership of their choice. They chose you because they met you and fell in love realizing that you could met their needs and desires.

OK would you say that the freewill robots had a special opportunity to relate to you that the 100% guarenteed satisfaction robots did not have? Out of all of the robots, which group would you value the most?

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

To be programmed to love is not love at all. Love is when there is free will. To choose to love is much better than to be programmed to do so. Therefore, I would value the ones that chose to love me more than the ones that were forced to do so.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

To be programmed to love is not love at all. Love is when there is free will. To choose to love is much better than to be programmed to do so. Therefore, I would value the ones that chose to love me more than the ones that were forced to do so.

Even with all of their blemishes and defects?

Dan

Even with all of their blemishes and defects?

Dan

Yes definitely!!!

I can relate to this a bit as a teacher. I would not want to tell the children that they had to love me, but when they choose to love their teacher - well, that is something very special! :laugh: Now I know that the children are not perfect and can be naughty etc - but when they choose to love their teacher and show respect etc - Wow! :laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

I would value both, because they were fulfilling the purpose for which I created them. What would it say about me if I created something a certain way, then did not appreciate my own creation

If Mr T had to love me, it wouldn't be real love and I would not really value it at all. The fact that he chooses to love me makes his love for me very special. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I really can not value forced love.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Of course trying to transfer these concepts onto God and how He loves us is impossible, because God does not love as we love and loves unconditionally

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Very thought provoking, dgolvach. :whistling:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Suppose you all alone on a deserted island but had the capability to build robots. You built many of them and put them in two catagories. One group you programmed to adore you, serve you and constantly sing about how wonderful you are. The other group you programmed with needs and desires and most importantly the ability to choose to love you or reject you. The first group is 100% guarenteed to serve you with absolute obedience to your commands and you have total ownership of all of them. These robots are as if not more beauitful as the free will group. The second free will group has blemishes and defects because they make their own choices that are not always what the factory intended them for. Many of them rejected you but some of them chose to love and serve you with the option they themselves had full ownership of because you relenqueshed ownership of their choice. They chose you because they met you and fell in love realizing that you could met their needs and desires.

OK would you say that the freewill robots had a special opportunity to relate to you that the 100% guarenteed satisfaction robots did not have? Out of all of the robots, which group would you value the most?

Dan

To play along, the second. Only because I'd have to figure out how a robot could make a human decision. That would keep me busy until someone rescued me.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Neither, their faults and blemishes reflect my faults as a creator and it would be hypocritical of me to value one group more than the other.

Love loses its meaning if it forced, can one experience true love without knowing what hate feels like? "Only he who has experienced ultimate despair can feel ultimate bliss" and such.