• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Bombers Kill at Least 73 in Baghdad

Remote-controlled explosives strapped to two mentally retarded women

By KIM GAMEL,AP

BAGHDAD (Feb. 1) -- Remote-controlled explosives strapped to two mentally retarded women detonated in a coordinated attack on pet bazaars Friday, police and Iraqi officials said, killing at least 73 people in the deadliest day since the U.S. sent 30,000 extra troops to the capital last year.

U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Ryan Crocker said the bombings showed that a resilient al-Qaida has "found a different, deadly way" to try to destabilize Iraq.

"There is nothing they won't do if they think it will work in creating carnage and the political fallout that comes from that," he told The Associated Press in an interview at the State Department.

Associated Press records, however, show that since the start of the war at least 151 people have been killed in at least 17 attacks or attempted attacks by female suicide bombers, including today's bombings.

Iraqi officials said the women apparently were mentally disabled and the explosives were detonated by remote control, indicating they may not having been willing attackers in what could be a new method by suspected Sunni insurgents to subvert stepped up security measures.

In the first attack, a woman detonated explosives hidden under her traditional black Islamic robe at about 10:20 a.m. in the central al-Ghazl market. The weekly bazaar has been bombed several times since the war started but recently had re-emerged as a popular place to shop and stroll as Baghdad security improved and a Friday ban on driving was lifted.

Four police and hospital officials said at least 46 people were killed and more than 100 wounded. Firefighters scooped up debris scattered among pools of blood, clothing and pigeon carcasses.

About 20 minutes later, a second female suicide bomber struck a bird market in a predominantly Shiite area in southeastern Baghdad. That blast killed as many as 27 people and wounded 67, according to police and hospital officials.

The attacks were the latest in a series of violent incidents that have been chipping away at Iraqi confidence in the permanence of recent security gains.

The chief Iraqi military spokesman in Baghdad, Brig. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi, claimed the female bombers apparently had Down syndrome and the explosives were detonated by remote control. Bolstering that claim, local police said the woman in the first attack sold cream in the morning at the market and was known to locals as "the crazy lady."

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said about 70 people were killed in both attacks, which he said were committed by terrorists motivated by revenge and "to show that they are still able to stop the march of history and of our people toward reconciliation."

FULL STORY

The people who used these two mentally retarted women are not even human. They are nothing but animals.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

That is so shocking!!! :noidea::(

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Thats not a "suicide bombing". Thats plain murder! Murder of those 2 mentally challanged women and those that died along with them. Its barbaric and it makes me sick to my stomach.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Evil has no boundaries

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,850
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Thats not a "suicide bombing". Thats plain murder! Murder of those 2 mentally challanged women and those that died along with them. Its barbaric and it makes me sick to my stomach.

You got that right.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Unfortunately, kari, they are worse than that. Animals don't hate or trick mentally challenged people into committing mass murder. These are demons straight from the pit and I love hearing the news when they are sent back there; in one piece or several, no matter. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Evil has no boundaries

you got that right...and it is all done in the name of their "god"..a small killing god who hates everyone even its own if it doesn't agree....Come Lord come

I agree. :whistling:

One of the best stunts Satan ever pulled was convincing many he doesn't exist. This is the sort of evil that comes straight from the pit -- and our leaders don't seem to have an understanding of that. That there is this kind of evil in the world. It is also more "fruit" of the "religion of peace."

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I agree. :whistling:

One of the best stunts Satan ever pulled was convincing many he doesn't exist. This is the sort of evil that comes straight from the pit -- and our leaders don't seem to have an understanding of that. That there is this kind of evil in the world. It is also more "fruit" of the "religion of peace."

I think Mr. Bush, even though he makes me nuts about a lot of things, has correctly called this one. Remember the 'Axis of Evil' speech in 2002? :21: