• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1958

I feel that I am a useless worthless hopeless excuse for a human being and so many people in my life right now seem to agree, as they are bagging me, carrying me to the trash, and pushing the waste into the the landfill and covering my remains and packing down the dirt over me, mainly because I do not have the same opinions as they do.

They ask for my opinion and when it is shared they go ballistic. Is there really such a thing as a true friend? I am so tired! I am tired also of being told that I do not have a right to my opinion. I am tired that when I ask for another's opinion and if I do not agree, I have no right to do so. I have been asked so many times why I do not understand another's opinion as if it is necessary.

Oh well life goes on for the moment...maybe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Hey Brother,

It sounds like someone is trying to make you give up what you hold dear and close. You were not specific in what you are referring to, so I'll have to also be vague.

You've been around enough to know that people will try and belittle you if they don't like what they are hearing. This, of course, doesn't mean that what you are saying is wrong, but that they don't want to hear it. It also sounds like you have given these individuals control over how you feel about yourself. Take it back! Don't allow any person to have that power over you. Only Christ, through the Holy Spirit, should mold your heart, not man.

If what you are saying is the truth, then hold unto it and give no thought to what others say. Jesus was persecuted for what He held as true, and if He was, so will we. Stand fast and those who are against you will loose their strength or ignore you. In any case, move forward. Don't give up the good fight nor quit the race.

Your Brother In Christ,

Alan

• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I am so sorry that you feel like this. I too know what it feels like to be rejected by people. I try (sometimes successfully and other times, not successfully) to focus on what God thinks of me. When all is said and done, God's opinion of you is all that matters - and He thinks that you are pretty FANTASTIC! :laugh: :laugh: :blink::o

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

Hold on, Wayne. You are NOT worthless. I feel that way about myself sometimes. Sometimes it's a hard fight to endure what others may hurl at us. I can't count the number of times I've wanted to just hang it up. But stay in there and keep pitching. I'm sure you've got many friends here on the board that care about you. Don't let other's opinions throw you. You're just as good as anybody, friend. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

Hang in there nobody is worthless. Jesus loves us no matter what othere think of us. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

How could you be worthless when God valued you so much that He gave His only Son for you! He loves you and we do too! :laugh::laugh:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,867
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

:emot-hug::wub:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

There has been some wonderful advice given. Listen to what has been said here. Did you know that when Jesus died on that cross, He died for you? You are that important t Him. People (friends and family) will always let us down. But just because someone disagrees with you or you disagree with them doesn't mean that you are worthless.

Do you read and study your Bible? If you do, then you should be sure that your opinions line up with God's word. Many times we can hold onto a belief, but then have to let go of it if it is not what God's word says.

A "fight" that goes on in my house is between my husband and my daughter. Both are....well....opinionated. They come against each other quite often. My husband is really working on how he reacts to her and I am trying to get her to see the need to not just fly off the handle over everything. I want to teach her to have facts to back up her opinions and then just talk about them instead of getting angry.

Remember, though, that you are God's child. That makes you very special.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/23/1958

Your thought and prayers are so very comforting, and there really is no way to say how much I appreciate you all.

First and foremost I am a Christian, which happens to suffer from major depression. The past few days have been really tough and I have done a lot of talking with God. Without Him, I would not be here today. I know He has a reason and I also know that even though I do not understand things that He places before me He will take care of me.

Many times I can not say out loud how I feel and setting in front of this computer somehow allows my words and thoughts to come out. That for one, is part of my issue, I tend to be blunt and very direct at times. I grew up extremely shy and very quite and often times no one would listen, and if they did they just laughed at me for feeling the way I feel, and that is still true today.

Two days ago I called my brother (a lawyer) and asked for his opinion on a matter and he simply made fun of and laughed at me for my thinking that I had any right to think the way I think.

The story is quite more detailed and involves several different people. The main problem is that all but one claim to be Christian.

Oh well, enough ranting. God is the reason for my existence, and watches over me.

I do read my Bible every day, and it is amazing as to how God speaks through His Word.

Again thank you all so much for your prayers and GBY all.

Wayne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

Good gosh, man, you sound just like me. I have bouts with depression, am shy and sensitive and can be quite blunt with people sometimes also. My heart goes out to you. Wayne. I've been where you have. Hang tough, kid, we're all with you! :36::emot-hug::wub: