• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/11/1963

I have been in a class at church and it was grreat his book titled youve already got it so quit trying to get it is so good and lives are being changed also

• 1 year later...
Guest BCaster29

Hi, Rachel. It's been a while since your post so I hope you'll still get this reply. I listen to Andrew Wommack's messages every morning at 7:30 on Daystar, and I use his website to read the awesome teaching articles and healing testimonies. I am so, so grateful for the Lord's insights through Andrew. He is hands down my favorite preacher and one whose ministry has impacted my life.

Some of your friends might think he is a "out there" because of their own beliefs and indoctrinations. Many Christians grow up being taught certain things in certain denominations. Andrew's teachings come straight from the Holy Spirit; the Lord gives him profound insight into His Word which often counters what some churches preach. For example, Andrew was raised in a Baptist church that believed that sometimes God makes people sick or doesn't heal sick people for some reason. His church also believed that sovereignity means that every detail of God's Will is going to occur no matter what we say or do. Then Andrew was deployed to Vietnam, where he stuck his nose in the Bible for as much as 15 hours a day and just saturated his soul in the Word. This, coupled with accepting the baptism of the Holy Spirit, resulted in Andrew understanding God's Word beyond just what he heard from other Christians growing up. He began to understand it in the way that you only can when God Himself is explaining it. As a result, he realized that some things being taught at his church were not only anti-scriptural, but were being used to hinder people when the Lord wanted them to enjoy the fullness of what His sacrifice accomplished for them. In fact, after sharing what he learned from the Bible, his church asked him to leave. One of Andrew's sayings is "A lot of people don't let the Bible get in the way of what they believe."

Andrew's teachings come straight from the Bible. An example is his article on healing: http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/healing_niki

It cites Scripture and gives reasons why some Christians are unwilling to accept what the Bible says about healing. Here is another subject that Andrew preaches on that often makes people uncomfortable: http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/sovereignty_god

Nevertheless, his teachings do not contradict the Bible and are full of the kind of insight that can only come from the Holy Spirit. Many Christians revile Andrew Wommack and spread slander about him and call him a "heretic", but the truth is that He is a mighty servant of the Lord. The Lord is trying to use Andrew to set bound up Christians free, that is if they will let Him.