MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Still - isn't there some hoopla about her having enough of the super delegates in her back pocket to usurp him even if he takes the primaries?

Judging by the Dems behavior at the so-called "stolen elections" of 00 and 04, there is NO way they would ever pick a candidate who hasn't won the popular primary vote. Even they don't have the stomach for that.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Hillary will pull any shady thing she has to in order to get the nomination. The only problem, is, if she doesn't get it, she'll be back next time.

But I think that whichever one gets it, it will bring out enough Republicans to stop them, even with McCain as the nominee. Either one of them being president is too terrifying a thought, even with McCain as the only alternative.

As Butero said, McCain may be wrong 50% of the time, but Obama [and Hillary] is wrong 100% of the time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hillary will pull any shady thing she has to in order to get the nomination. The only problem, is, if she doesn't get it, she'll be back next time.

But I think that whichever one gets it, it will bring out enough Republicans to stop them, even with McCain as the nominee. Either one of them being president is too terrifying a thought, even with McCain as the only alternative.

As Butero said, McCain may be wrong 50% of the time, but Obama [and Hillary] is wrong 100% of the time.

She'll be back next time? But isn't she already like 64 or so??? Anyway, I'm not convinced that McCain has the star power to galvanize the GOP in this coming election. And his age really worries me. :emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I suspect unless Obama gaffs in a major way over the next two weeks, he's in. I guess the Dems aren't ready for a woman in the White House. Yet.

I think its the particular woman thats the problem. It has nothing to do with Hillary being a woman, I just think that Democrats (like everyone else) are sick of Bush to Clinton to Bush to Clinton.

Their are very few actual policy / ideological differences between Hillary and Obama. The differences are in style of leadership, and I think that people like Obama's style better in that regard. In the end though, I think people are sick of refighting past battles whether its the battles of the 60s or the 90s.

She'll be back next time? But isn't she already like 64 or so??? Anyway, I'm not convinced that McCain has the star power to galvanize the GOP in this coming election. And his age really worries me. :emot-pray:

If Hillary does not win the Popular Vote in the primaries, then no way will she win the nomination. She will just go back to the senate and be reelected until she gets sick of the job.

As far as McCain goes, he has a few problems. The first being his age. The second is the fact that he really does not energize the Republican Party base. The third is that in his efforts to court the base, he will have to back off his more moderate positions and thus alienate the moderates and independents that do like him. The forth is that the guy is a poor public speaker and not a very good debater either and he is going to go up against a guy that is a very good public speaker and a better debater. The fifth is that McCain just looks like the past and all the tired old policies and ideas that go along with it. Finally, Obama is out-raising him almost exponentially, and he is doing it solely from individual contributers. He has millions of donors that he can go back to again and again through the election year. He is going to own the airwaves come this fall. Moreover, just like McCain, he takes no money from lobbyists.

That all said, of all the candidates the Republicans ran this time around, McCain is their best shot.

I keep hearing this, but could someone explain it to me. Why do people keep fainting when they are around Barack Obama? I just don't get it. Who ARE these women??? :emot-pray:

I heard a rumor today ( and it's just a rumor ) these fainting spells are staged.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

He's a Barrack star...they been doing that since Bill Presley... :emot-pray:

If Hillary does not win the Popular Vote in the primaries, then no way will she win the nomination. She will just go back to the senate and be reelected until she gets sick of the job.

I wouldn't count on that. I believe it was Lanny Davis I heard a little while ago on the radio talking about how Hillary was going to come away with the nomination because of the super delegates. He said they are under no obligation to vote for the winner of the popular vote, and they have every right to vote for Hillary even if Obama wins the most votes in the primaries. This may be the first year I actually watch the DNC convention. It should prove to be a lot of fun, especially if Hillary is able to steal the nomination.

Technically you are right. However, as it stands, Obama may end up with enough of a lead among committed delegates that there will not be enough super delegates in play to throw the nomination to Hillary. More importantly though, while the super delegates are not technically obligated to go with the popular vote, the pressure would be so immense that it would be very difficult for them not to.

If Hillary loses Texas by a decent margin, then she will probably drop out before the Pennsylvania Primary. If she loses Texas and Ohio, then she will undoubtably drop out. You got to look at it this way, she is not going to be able to raise money, she will have party officials right and left calling for her to drop out, and she will be facing nothing but more primary loses.

I have been good at calling these this year so far you know...

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

He's a Barrack star...they been doing that since Bill Presley... :th_praying:

Who is Bill Presley???? :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

He's a Barrack star...they been doing that since Bill Presley... :emot-highfive:

Who is Bill Presley???? :emot-hug:

Play on words, Bill Clinton was referred to as Elvis,...TCB...takin care of business