• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

advice needed please. i named this depression the topic but it isn't really. it is more a general 'tired of life' kind of thing. it could be empty nest syndrome, could be menopausal but i don't think it's any of that either.

i had been praying and seeking a deeper walk with God, letting him know my willingness to lay down my life, and His will be done.

now i just don't care about certain things i used to care about. i do have problems but i feel like if they were all solved and everything was rosy, i would still feel this way. i can't picture anything on earth that i could have that would make me really want to be be here much longer.

so my question is: could this be a prelude to something more that God is leading me to or am i just messed up? if it is a prelude, i want to handle it right and any advice on that would be welcome also.

i deeply appreciate any thoughts on this that you would be willing to share.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

advice needed please. i named this depression the topic but it isn't really. it is more a general 'tired of life' kind of thing. it could be empty nest syndrome, could be menopausal but i don't think it's any of that either.

i had been praying and seeking a deeper walk with God, letting him know my willingness to lay down my life, and His will be done.

now i just don't care about certain things i used to care about. i do have problems but i feel like if they were all solved and everything was rosy, i would still feel this way. i can't picture anything on earth that i could have that would make me really want to be be here much longer.

so my question is: could this be a prelude to something more that God is leading me to or am i just messed up? if it is a prelude, i want to handle it right and any advice on that would be welcome also.

God does use restlessness. Throughout Scripture we see frustration as an energy that God can use to speak to us, when we throw our hands up in the air and say, "OK, I'm listening"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

I have found that the Lord has often used my unsatisfaction in the things that I am fond of to bring me back to him. I didn't post here for a while, quite a while actually. And it wasn't anything more then I got tired of doing things about the Lord and wanted to get back to me :b:

Now as ridiculous as that was, it brings me back to the realization that God is great, and He allows me to see my folly for what it is, and then we start again. I delay my blessings, not Him. I delay my true enjoyment, not Him. Maybe He wants you to seek Him earnestly, to the point that nothing else matters. Then when you have reached that, He will provide for you. I don't have any special knowledge to impart to you, but I trust Him, and He is the one in control. So I'm excited for you and hope that you will post when it becomes clear to you what He has in store! :21:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

It could be all of the things you have mentioned. The older I get, the more I am looking forward to the day when I will meet Jesus face to face. The more I see prophacy being fulfilled, the more I anxious I get.

My daughter, who will be 18 in a couple of days, told me that she is really anxious for the rapture, but she really hopes she can fall in love and have a baby before that happens. That's how I feel. I'm so looking forward to going Home, but if He tarries there are some things I would like here on earth (like, being a mother-in-law to a wonderful young man and a grandma).

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Always choose life. Under the altar of God are multitudes of people who were slain for their testimony of Christ and the Word of God. They call out repeatedly for vengeance. Even though heaven is so much greater than here, these people are angry that this life was stolen from them. So, there is great value and only one go round in the flesh, and there is experience in the flesh that ends with the death of the flesh. Treasure your days on earth, in the flesh. They will end all too soon, the life of the flesh being hardly a taste of a breeze, or a blink of the eye.

• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

failures are finger post on the road to achievement

c.s.lewis.

hang in there sister, things will work out for you. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

What an opportunity you have!!!

What does Yahweh want you to do? He's definitely not finished with you.

Whatever our purpose, the most important thing we can do is always spend more time with Him.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

I also think there is a purpose behind your current state. In any case you're definitely not messed up, so try and leave it all to Him.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

First, Sister, thank you for this thread. For awhile. I have been thinking the very same thoughts, not finding life on earth as something I want to hold onto, and thinking, at the same time, that I may be loosing it and the only one who had these feelings. Now, it is my hope that He will use this for His glory, in some manner. Maybe it will be to lay my life down for another, which would cause second thoughts in the minds of those who know they have a purpose and reason to live, allowing God to accomplish His will even further. The day is coming when Christians will be asked to sacrifice themselves for the Lord, and I want to be ready.

Is this a death wish? Not at all. Yet, I have to wonder why have I lost the zeal to remain in this realm? Maybe it is because I have seen more then my share of evilness that mankind has come to love and follow. Maybe it is because it is so hard to find God in all this mess. Truthfully, I don't know, but am relieved to know that I am not alone.

As His day draws closer, He is preparing each of us for His purpose. We may not know what that is until it is time to act, but He does have a reason for moving each of us into a position to be obedient, both spiritually and physically. When He calls us into action, we all should be ready.

So, am I loosing my mind or is God moving me into a place where He can use me for His will?

OneLight