• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Let me explain my comment a bit better. :rolleyes:

The racists that still exist in my society, that cannot abide the thought of interracial marriage, and make comments about couples they meet behind their backs, or directly to them (It happens in my country occasionaly), treat children from mixed marriages with distain (Black and White people stigmatise these children on occasion), and pass this hatefull attitude on to their children (who are then prejudiced towards mixed race marriages, and any children from the marriage, as they emulate their parents), poison our society and and their children.

We are a country who is growing in our acceptance of each other after a terrible past, and the above attitude (although in the very small minority), does nothing to help with the healing process we are going through.

As I have said in two of my posts on this thread, I see absolutely nothing at all wrong with interracial marriage, and if the Lord were to decide that the woman that I was to meet, and eventually marry, was not from the same ethnic or cultural background, and if we loved each other in a Christian relationship, I would not hesitate to ask her to marry me.

Everyone clear about that now :laugh: (Sorry my comment was not more clear) :th_praying:

I went back and read it and I understood what you said - I don't think it was puzzling or racist. Blessings!!!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Let me explain my comment a bit better. :rolleyes:

The racists that still exist in my society, that cannot abide the thought of interracial marriage, and make comments about couples they meet behind their backs, or directly to them (It happens in my country occasionaly), treat children from mixed marriages with distain (Black and White people stigmatise these children on occasion), and pass this hatefull attitude on to their children (who are then prejudiced towards mixed race marriages, and any children from the marriage, as they emulate their parents), poison our society and and their children.

We are a country who is growing in our acceptance of each other after a terrible past, and the above attitude (although in the very small minority), does nothing to help with the healing process we are going through.

As I have said in two of my posts on this thread, I see absolutely nothing at all wrong with interracial marriage, and if the Lord were to decide that the woman that I was to meet, and eventually marry, was not from the same ethnic or cultural background, and if we loved each other in a Christian relationship, I would not hesitate to ask her to marry me.

Everyone clear about that now :laugh: (Sorry my comment was not more clear) :th_praying:

I agree Fez racism is a poison on any society.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Let me explain my comment a bit better. :blink:

Everyone clear about that now :blink: (Sorry my comment was not more clear) :noidea:

sorry fez...i misunderstood you. i read the whole thing again and i guess it's not puzzling... :cool:

how quickly i shot down your marriage proposal on this thread... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

blessings...south

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It is not right to plant seeds of fear in the mind of the OP because of racism, isolationism, dishonesty and psychological and identity problems of the children.

I figured someone would try to accuse me of racism over my comments. Doing that enables them to ignore the real issues and behave however they'd like. Regardless of who they hurt.

Hitler

Guest HIS girl

Hey Yesult!

I'm a child of mixed parentage.

I am not a "mistake". I am exactly who God wanted me to be.

I was not meant to be Norwegian or Tibetan or a Kalahari Bushman but good old me, purposed for this time and this place and to do good works for His pleasure.

That's it in a nutshell.

And by the way - I don't have issues with my mixed parentage either - I actually think I'm very blessed. :blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

You Go Girl!! :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

It is not right to plant seeds of fear in the mind of the OP because of racism, isolationism, dishonesty and psychological and identity problems of the children.

I figured someone would try to accuse me of racism over my comments. Doing that enables them to ignore the real issues and behave however they'd like. Regardless of who they hurt.

Hitler

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Massorite and Fez and Jade and the others are nicer than me, you are a racist yesult. You can try to paint it or pretty it up with bows and ribbons any way you want to, good move with the shedding crocodile tears "for the children" but it boils down to racism, pure and simple, be a man, name it and claim it, but don't try to convince others its anything but what it is.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Racism is arrogance because it believes that other races are inferior to you.

Racism is not just a belief that antother race is inferior, it is tied in with statements like yours, and others I have seen on these boards. Now I'm not going to say that you are racist, but I do wonder when we will judge ourselves so we are not judged.

Comment like yours have underlying issues to them even though you attempted to cover it with "for the children". Sorry, that wont fly..."there is not Jew nor Greek, male nor female"...in Christ. I'm not telling you to rethink your stance for "race" sake, but for Christ. We do not want to carry these type of testimonies to the other side.

Another person trying to claim I'm racist without actually saying it.

Prove it or don't try to make self-righteous innuendos. And that goes for the rest of you. His Girl. Please do tell me where I've accused you of being a 'mistake'.

Arrogance causes a lot of pain because it gives people an excuse to treat other people exactly the way they want to. Including their offspring. Treat others the way you'd want them to treat you. What part of that statement is everyone having difficulty with?