Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

AW Tozer great writer of devotion and Christian living, wrote "The test of genuine Christian maturity is the greater desire and passion for holiness rather than personal happiness." As we have heard before, this is what separates the men from the boys and women from the girls. Much energy is spent struggling for personal happiness and asking God to grant it, pursuing Him only for the advantage of knowing Him. While the greatest blessings are found in serving Him and pursuing Him only in the interest of holiness. The Tozer challenge is very sobering and purifying. Where are you on this path?

Shalom,

Far from where I need to be, praying to be closer.

Thank you for this awesome post and reminder challenge.

well if it's any consolation, i think i've seen some real growth in you just in the last few weeks! maybe i took my blinders off, or maybe you took yours off, or maybe, just maybe, God used a situation to His glory which has allowed some growth in both of us... whatever it is, it's a beautiful thing!

Shalom LadyC,

Awwww, thank you hon.

You brought my blindness to my attention and you forgave me. This is what we are to do for one another. You allowed me to grow in Jesus by helping me see what I could not, and bearing with me as I struggled to submit to giving it to Him.

Thank you Sister! :emot-hug: I'm thankful for you and your friendship.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

AW Tozer great writer of devotion and Christian living, wrote "The test of genuine Christian maturity is the greater desire and passion for holiness rather than personal happiness." As we have heard before, this is what separates the men from the boys and women from the girls. Much energy is spent struggling for personal happiness and asking God to grant it, pursuing Him only for the advantage of knowing Him. While the greatest blessings are found in serving Him and pursuing Him only in the interest of holiness. The Tozer challenge is very sobering and purifying. Where are you on this path?

It has taken me a long time to stop the attempt to persue personal happiness and it is a difficult thing to do, denying the flesh and soulish desires that make me think that if I only have this or only do that then I will be happy. It wasn't that I didn't want to be holy, it was that I didn't recognize my own stumbling blocks of what I though holiness is.

About a year ago, the Lord kept reminding me to deny the flesh. Now when I first heard this I thought He was speaking of only the external things that the flesh desires, it didn't occur to me until much later that denial of the flesh is a wide variety of internal and external things that must be denied.

Yes, I have a long long way to go...and daily I ask the Lord to continue to change and correct me. Like my mother always say though, all of our lives in the Lord is spent stretching and refining us until the day we have reached where the Lord wants us to be, and then we die.....I can only hope to attain holiness, but the chances of me being perfected to holiness before my body dies are pretty slim...it is what it is I suppose :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Personal growth in maturity will never end if you are truly seeking to be all you can be for Him. At the same time, the more mature we are, the more we realize how immature we are. Where am I? No where near where I should be, I'm sure!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Personal growth in maturity will never end if you are truly seeking to be all you can be for Him. At the same time, the more mature we are, the more we realize how immature we are. Where am I? No where near where I should be, I'm sure!

ditto! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

I once read a book that ssuggested we remain on our knees in prayer until....I think it went on to talk about the Holy Spirit manifesting, though it also talks about brokeness. I did it then that was some years ago and I want go there again, because it was a rich experience