• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Aleksander,

I am glad to hear your report!!!

DO stay in the word each and every day!

James 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

We HAVE to read It, to DO It!

You will be in my prayers!

:emot-hug:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

*praying

So encouraging to hear of your breakthroughs.

Godbless :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

Alright everyone, I am looking for help again. Well, I guess its more of a question, I don't know.

Its pretty clear that when satan wants to take somebody down, he goes for inward attacks(doubt, attempts to convince the person that the Bible is a lie, etc). When that fails, he switches to outward onslaught. When that fails, what is to be expected? A combo of both? I have to admit, I am still kind of fighting the outward onslaught; last two weeks have been rather heavy, darker and more. The point of this though is that it'd be nice to know ahead of time what I'll have to be dealing with.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Alright everyone, I am looking for help again. Well, I guess its more of a question, I don't know.

Its pretty clear that when satan wants to take somebody down, he goes for inward attacks(doubt, attempts to convince the person that the Bible is a lie, etc). When that fails, he switches to outward onslaught. When that fails, what is to be expected? A combo of both? I have to admit, I am still kind of fighting the outward onslaught; last two weeks have been rather heavy, darker and more. The point of this though is that it'd be nice to know ahead of time what I'll have to be dealing with.

LOL. Think of a big hairy devil with lots of muscles. j/k We face a real enemy but something that my doctor once said to me (a christian) is that God uses the devil as a master swordfighter to train us.

He comes along and stabs us and we go ARGH, and jump backwards, then he does it again, and again until we start swinging our own sword to pary and protect us. Eventually we start learning moves, strategies, techniques, attacks and our skill begins to grow and grow without us even realising it. All under the necessaity of defending ourselves.

If the devil had the authority to just come straight out and stab us through the heart he would. He doesn't. That's why we're still here.

It's a battle and although it's not supposed to be all bad there can be long desert periods that can seem like they're never going to end. But you do the most breaking and dying to yourself in those periods that frees you up for ministry or more authority in ministry later on.

As for what to expect. Just don't ever expect something that will take you out because the devil simply can't do that.

*praying.

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Satan will try what he may to discourage us and turn us from God. Yet, God has told us of what to expect, where the battle truly is and has given us armor to protect us in battle. If you have not done an in depth study on these verses, please take the time to do so and gain the understand of their words.

Ephesians 6:10-18

The Whole Armor of God

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Update:

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I think I am a lot better now and thank God! I am glad its over(or seems to be over soon).

I finally got a car I can drive(after getting a new battery that is). Replace tires, fix some sort of mechanical problem and it'll be all set(aside from that, a paint job might be nice, but not a must). Any car that runs, this one does once the battery is replaced, is better than no car.

I have to say, after all that has happened, my relationship with God is better than it was. I am not as afraid of some things as I was before, more sure of His promises. A rather painful way it was to re-learn that God is always faithful and as He promises, never will leave you and wants His children to be honest with Him, trusting and open to a possibility to serve Him in a way(s) that one may not necessarily like.

Not to get a source of steady income, clean up some rather annoying and painful financial messes and move on.

I am glad to be alive, in good health and somewhat refreshed. Thank You LORD! :whistling:

Praise God for these Aleksander.

Just some verses I want to share.

Isaiah 43:18-21 (New International Version)

18 "Forget the former things;

do not dwell on the past.

19 See, I am doing a new thing!

Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?

I am making a way in the desert

and streams in the wasteland.

20 The wild animals honor me,

the jackals and the owls,

because I provide water in the desert

and streams in the wasteland,

to give drink to my people, my chosen,

21 the people I formed for myself

that they may proclaim my praise.

Lamentations 3:22-24 (New International Version)

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,

for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;

great is your faithfulness.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (New International Version)

16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Philippians 3:12-14 (New International Version)

Pressing on Toward the Goal

12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Each day is a new day Aleksander. Take it one day at a time.

Blessings...South

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/21/1966

Pray before you study.

Ask for knowledge..............Ask.

Seek wisdom.....................Seek.

Pray for understanding.......Knock.

The Lord gave us a prayer.( Lords Prayer ) Use it.

Study Matthew chapters 5, 6, and 7. This will give you an idea of who Christ is and what He wants from us.

I don't know what to tell you about making up for lost time. I've been at this off and on for 25 years and I believe I've only scratched the surface.

That's about all I have. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Peace.

Ya know...I've said the Lords Prayer many, many times...I've had this problem for a long time not knowing just how to pray or what to say and how to say it. In all this time it never occured to me to just say the Lords prayer! Thanks!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

What is time, but a temporary river we row...

But seriously. To make up for the time you've lost all you need to do (easier said than done, of course) is dedicate yourself to God. That means focusing most, if not all, of your spare time on Him. Spend most, if not all, of your thoughts on Him! It can be challenging, but this will make you grow like a weed. Read the Word constantly. Study. Don't just read it, but apply it, think about it. Look for answers and pray all the time! Run to God like the world around you is collapsing and that's the only way you know you'll escape alive.

That's how I grew so fast in so little time. Just takes application and dedication. Make the Lord your priority in everything. There are many great resources for study online, such as sermons, devotions, commentaries, essays, and so on. These things will all enhance your understanding of what you read in the Word. If you need an accountability partner, I would be willing.

Mathew

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

The hours you invest in study of the bible and prayer will be times of enrichment, and as you continue to build your faith you will discover the journey toward spiritual maturity lasts a lifetime. And set aside quiet moments each day to offer praise to our Father, Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

I think about God when I wake up and when I go to sleep, and I thank Him for all my blessings because when we worship God every day of our lives, we are blessed.

And know this, When you give God His rightful place in your heart, you'll have a clearer vision of the things that really matter.

blessings,

desi

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

I did not really get an answer that I was looking for, but I guess that is OK as I get the feeling I am too concerned with getting pass this instead of trying to figure out what it is that God is trying to say to me. Deuteronomy 8:2-3 comes to mind just now so I suppose I should meditate on that instead coming here.