• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

Maybe my fault for waiting so long to bring God to him but hopefully he will come around.

No, not your fault at all. Everythings happens in God's timeframe. :)

I agree with Richard, parents make the best witness for their children.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Where do you get Baptized? It may be a REAL naive question but can you get Baptized at a Christian church or does it have to be a Baptist church?

You are all going to have to forgive my questions! I have TONS of them so I hope no one minds them!

damo1

i got baptised in a spa in the midle of our winter and as you have been told it can be any were it does not have to be in a church though some churches do have their own baptisemal pools built in that are used a fair bit were they dont have to do this in public places like pools or at the beach

i have even been to sevral baptisems were people have been baptized in rivers and in creeks one place did have sharks comming in so when the pastor did this sevral guys would be on alert keeping an eye out for fins popping up as bull sharks can come in fresh and salt water in australia and the town i was living in had a river which connects to the sea

you can even be baptised on a farm if a farmer has a dam that the cattle and sheep use or even in a bath tub

god bless from damo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

None of my children have been baptized either and I have this urgent need to get them baptized. I will when the time is right and I want us to all do it together I think. I may email the pastor I have been keeping in touch with and see what he suggests too.

I think that is really wonderful, my husband and I were baptized together and it is such a great experience to share.

You say you have an urgent need to get them baptized, just wanted to ask if they have told you about their personal salvation experience. I dont know how old your kids are, but I think until theyre old enough to understand the obedience behind baptism and the reason we do it, it is best to have them wait until they are older.

JMHO. :24:

edit: I just saw Nathele said almost the same thing as I just did. Thats what I get for skimming. :24:

Well, I have told them about finding Jesus and my ten year old daughter took the prayer to Jesus to her room with her tonight, which I had written down from a post on this site. She gets it and loves Jesus. In fact, she painted me this great picture of Jesus on the corss the other day. My two year old doesn't get it but I talk to her all the time about God and Jesus. My twelve year old - he is at that age where he "doesn't know." Maybe my fault for waiting so long to bring God to him but hopefully he will come around.

the 10 year old, having asked Christ into her heart, yes, help her grow....

the 2 year old, a bit young, my three year old grand son knows Christ, and loves Him dearly, but for baptism, not yet, Isaac does not know much yet, would not understand it and does not comprehend it yet....

the 12 year old, well, that is a tough age anyways, an age for great questions.......

really though, you may wish to sit down with your pastor and talk about this with him..... as well as the youth and/or childrens pastor, they would be more able to evaluate your precious children then we could.....

don't beat yourself up about this.....

a land owner, was ready to have his crops harvested, so he went to the employment agency and hired a bunch of people for the day. a couple of hours later, he realized the workers would not be done in time, so he went back and hired more workers, at lunch time, the fields were less then half done, so he called the employment agency, and went back and got more workers and again he got more starting just an hour before dark/quitting time.

at the end of the day, he opened up the pay window, and started paying them everyone was receiving a $100. those that showed up first, received $100 and had worked the entire day, the ones that showed up last, also received $100 and only worked an hour...

Coming to Christ is like this, one that receives their salvation at a young age, gets the same salvation as one that receives their salvation on their death bed...... keep teaching your children..... keep them in your prayers.... teach them to pray....

read to them, and have them read also from the Bible, answer questions, if you do not know the answer, let them know that you do not know YET and then see if you can find the answer (you and your children), if you can not together, then recruit outside help......

do you have a Strongs Concordance? if not, this would be a very good investment... ( there are others too that are as good)

also a good Bible dictionary, there are several different ones on the market, one we have is a Vines....

these will be good things to use in your growth..... your pastor may even recommend a certain one....

my grandson Isaac is 3 and loves Bible stories..... we got a childrens (not a cardboard, but one for some one in the lower years of school age) Bible, and he loves it. we have started at Adam, and have traveled up to Abraham, we read to him every time he is here, and he looks for his Bible....

teach them and keep teaching them....

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

I was baptized in river we have running through the city. IIRC, the water was cold, a little :rolleyes: . September 5, 2004. I think I'll always remember that date.

Its not exactly a matter of where, but rather WHY :rolleyes: . Being baptized is you proclaiming your decision to follow Christ for the rest of your life. It is a proclamation, a sign, for everyone, in human and in spiritual world, that you want to be a part of God's family now. That you promise to serve Him all your life in good faith and dedicated heart.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Where do you get Baptized? It may be a REAL naive question but can you get Baptized at a Christian church or does it have to be a Baptist church?

You are all going to have to forgive my questions! I have TONS of them so I hope no one minds them!

Get baptized in a church that believes, teaches, and supports Romans 6:3-7.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

I got baptized in the St.Croix River (northern wisconsin) in late october.

I'm not a Baptist......just a believer. :laugh:

you don't go to church right?

WOW! You are all so fast! Good to know all this and no, I am not a member of any church. Still searching and learning I guess...

you are a member of the church of jesus.....

I actually was a leader of a group of kids in high school and some were lead to be baptisied and i baptisied them in the ocean...around 5 of them...then i asked one of them to baptise me....i know that was a little backwards but i don't know...does there baptisim count since the one who baptised them had never been baptisied? and does mine count if theirs does not count? lol....i hope it does....

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

YOU CAN BE BAPTIZED IN ANY CHURCH OR MOST CHURCHES HAVE WHATS CALLED A CITY WIDE BAPTISM OVER THE SUMMER MONTHS AT A LOCAL RIVER, OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE NEARBY. IN GOD'S EYES IT JUST DOESNT MATTER WHERE IT TAKES PLACE, AS LONG AS IT DOES TAKE PLACE YOU KNOW? ITS NEVER A NAIVE QUESTION WHEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO ASK! ANY DENOMINATION CAN DO IT, IF YOU HAVE A PARTICULAR CHURCH YOU FEEL 'AT HOME' WITH, CALL THEM ABOUT IT. IF NOT, PRETTY MUCH ANY CAN DO IT. I WAS BAPTIZED AT A BAPTIST CHURCH BUT ON THE SAME NIGHT THEY BAPTIZED SEVERAL OTHERS THAT WERENT MEMBERS OF THAT CHURCH AND JUST WANTED IT DONE.

PRAISE JESUS YOURE HAVING IT DONE! LET US KNOW WHEN YOU DO!!!!

IN HIS NAME- :laugh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/10/1974

Funny this topica came up again!

I was baptized this past Sunday at "my church" - how far I've come in such a short time. Wow...