• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Which brings us back to doe, a deer.....If you desire and are able to live in your sin, then you do not have the Spirit in you. It still boils down to sincere acceptance and repentence. The statement made "After we are saved we are still required to live our lives according to the gospel of Christ or we do not have God. Scripture says so." says exactly that. If you don't change, you never did have Christ. To me that is the doctrine of OSAS. If your live doesn't change with Christ, you never had salvation. Christ's sacrifice covers my past, present and future sin. Otherwise, how could I get to the father if I die before I had a chance to confess my sin? Inadvertant sin, such as glancing at a beautiful person a little bit too long (lust)?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

When Jesus died for our sins it covered all of our past sins and opened the door for our future sins to be forgiven when we repent and confess them.

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; - Romans 3:25

After we become Christians we receive forgiveness for our sins when we repent and confess them.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9

But, in how a Christian can be un-converted is when they CHOOSE not to repent of sins and/or keep sins in their lives they don't want to let go of.

The only way that the blood of Christ forgives a Christian's sin after salvation is when the Christian repents and confesses the sin. They are not automatically forgiven.

it's called "fellowship." After you are saved...ALL are required to be in fellowship with God.

When you sin you go out of fellowship. You confess your sins to go back in fellowship with God.

Not a salvation issue.

take notes.....and youre welcome (for the enlightment)

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

The fruit of the OSAS doctrine tree is apathy in Christians.

Wheres your evidence for this?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

Every person has a new creation that they could become by living according to the teaching of Christ, and yielded to his Holy Spirit. We all have a choice. We can live in the flesh, following the world, sin and the devil or we can live according to the Spirit, loving and forgiving one another. When we choose to obey the Spirit, he lives in us and we live in him.

Before I even reply to your response where is this in the new testament? :rolleyes: You say that every person has a new creation, where is that in the bible? How does on attain the indwelling of the holy spirit? By works? If you reply yes then thats heresy, and in complete contradiction to Galatians chapter 3. If no then please elaborate.

Burn

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

I am reading through my post and getting more confused :rolleyes::huh: I think that I am getting confused now as to if I am really a christian or not :) I mean... I am having a hard time and God will let me go or maybe he already has :24::24::24::24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

I am reading through my post and getting more confused :thumbsup::blink: I think that I am getting confused now as to if I am really a christian or not :taped: I mean... I am having a hard time and God will let me go or maybe he already has :17::20::20::20:

John 6:37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out."

John 10:28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father

Guest shiloh357
I was in disagreement because of the very basic fact that the Bible says that we are not saved or lost for certain until we are dead and our works are weighed in the balance and God makes his final judgment of us.
Wrong. The Bibile in both John 5:24 and 1 John 5:11-13 make it abundantly clear that we can KNOW for certain NOW that we HAVE eternal life today. Eternal life is not something we are waiting to find out if we are in fact, saved. I am saved to uttermost today.

I have already been judged. I have settled the account with the Lord years ago. That judgment was final. I have been justified and declared righteous. I am in rightstanding with God today and so is everyone who has made Jesus Lord and Savior. The difference between religioun and Christianity is that religion offers you no assurance on this side of grave. If you cannot say for certain that you would be with Jesus if you were to die today, then you are most likely in serious trouble. True Christians KNOW they are saved. They have a know-so salvation.

Even Paul was concerned that he should not become

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

We need to be sure not to confuse ~~ angelique ~~ further by battling our doctrinal differences. She has a true concern here, and I see this thread going way over her head. Maybe another thread on this subject should be started and keep our answers at the level ~~ angelique ~~ can understand and digest. IMO ...

In His Love,

Alan

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

The fruit of the OSAS doctrine tree is apathy in Christians.

Wheres your evidence for this?

Sitting in church pews on Sunday and lazy-boys all week. :thumbsup:

Not even going to give that one the dignity of a response.

And your evidence for this?:

Heresy.

It is heresy to teach that only sins committed before the moment of salvation were forgiven and paid for by the blood of Christ. This is not the gospel! This is a gospel without hope; without assurance and without power.

How dare somone say that the blood of Christ did not cover once and for all the sins of a repentent sinner. You make the words of Christ to be of none effect.

And I stand by what I said - it is heresy.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

:thumbsup::thumbsup::24::24::24::24::24::24::24::24::39::39: