IGNORED

How near is God to you in your everyday walk with HIM?

MeCajunboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

For a very long time I've often felt like sometimes God is more distant than others in my everyday walk through life and in God. I would ask that each of you search your hearts and examine if you have similar feelings? In my daily walk, I might go days just fellowshiping and talking with God all throughout the day, then for some reason, it begins to grow into a few time during the day , then a few and eventually God will draw me back to HIM and get my attention and mind back on HIS tasks that I am committed to accomplish. And occassionally, satan will distract me for a day or two in an effort to distort my routine. But I never get too very far from God and HIS word that I don't realize what satan is trying to do.

But more recently, when I was praying and worshiping, God told me to simply, "Imagine or pretend that HE is right there beside me, and imagine that I see HIM when I talk with HIM, or like now when I'm typing on the P.C., or when I'm driving back and forth to work, or when I'm fellowshiping with a beliver or someone who doubts God's validity.....just imagine that God is with us and holding the conversation with HIS there beside me.

After receiving this message I can tell you that it greatly imporved my attitude and the feeling that God is always near! And it definately fills in those sometimes lonely days when I am alone and I would like someone to fellowship with!

Anyone else?

In God's love

Larry

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Not close enough. Even though I am closer to Him then I have ever been, I want to be even closer, so my walk will never be close enough. Don't get me wrong, He has blessed me over and over, protecting me for the fiery darts of the devil and shown me more grace and love then I will ever know, but there still is a yearning to be even closer! I'll never be satisfied until I am with Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

I need to be closer. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

No matter where I am at during each day I know that he is only a whisper away though I may not call out to him at all times in my human struggle's I still know he is only a whisper away.

The old hymn does a heart good and it reminds us of a deep truth

"What a friend we have in Jesus"

OC

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

No matter where I am at during each day I know that he is only a whisper away though I may not call out to him at all times in my human struggle's I still know he is only a whisper away.

The old hymn does a heart good and it reminds us of a deep truth

"What a friend we have in Jesus"

OC

Loved that one OC!

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Yes I know what you mean, I have had similar feelings, I will try to think more clearly. But I know God is drawing me into a deeper place. I have to make a greater effort, lets face it the rewards will be great too. SO you ask yourself what is stopping me....distractions that I let happen I think. A day that is too busy, my problem. Thankfully I know God and it is true, What a friend we have in Jesus.

I am truly blessed.

:noidea:

Guest zoe-girl
Yes I know what you mean, I have had similar feelings, I will try to think more clearly. But I know God is drawing me into a deeper place. I have to make a greater effort, lets face it the rewards will be great too. SO you ask yourself what is stopping me....distractions that I let happen I think. A day that is too busy, my problem. Thankfully I know God and it is true, What a friend we have in Jesus.

I am truly blessed.

:noidea:

God is right there I just forget that He is and there comes the problem and the trials get tougher and tougher.

I love God with ALL my heart and strive to draw closer to Him every day, even when my flesh gets in the way.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

The more trials come my way the more I find myself pressing in closer to God. I don't like trials but they have really been coming to me and my family. I find myself spending more time in study, devotion, praise and prayer. So, I guess it is all for good. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!