Guest LCPGUY

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

NIV....Eph6:10-12 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his MIGHTY POWER. 11) Put on the full armor of GOD so that YOU can TAKE YOUR STAND AGAINST the DEVILS SCHEMES. 12) For our STRUGGLE is not against flesh and blood but AGAINST the RULERS, AGAINST the AUTHORITIES, AGAINST the POWERs of this dark world and AGAINST the SPIRITUAL FORCES of EVIL in the HEAVENLY REALMS"

The RULERS..the AUTHORITIES....the POWERS...SPIRITUAL FORCES of EVIL are all spiritual. Our fight or struggle is with these.

KJV Matthew 16:23 "But he turned and said unto PETER, Get thee behind me Satan, thou art an offence unto me , for thou savourest not the things that be of God but those that be of man"

Jesus knew there was an evil spirit behind the words of Peter so he got rid of it before he continued.

NIV-Luke !10:17 "The seventy-two returned with joy and said Lord, even the demons SUBMIT to us IN YOUR NAME. 18) I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I HAVE GIVEN YOU AUTHORITY to TRAMPLE ON SNAKES and SCORPIANS and to OVERCOME ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY, nothing will harm you. HOWEVER, do not rejoice that THE SPIRITS SUBMIT TO YOU but rejoice that YOUR NAMES are WRITTEN IN HEAVEN"

The authority we have over evil spirits is a friut of the fact that our names are written in heaven. They rejoiced because they had power over demons with the name of Jesus but Jesus was trying to tell them that the only reason they had that power was because God has written their names in heaven.

It's like this, if there was a big party at the best place in the world and the only way you could get in was if the President wrote your name on a list. You walk to the door, the man sees your name and lets you in. Then you boast "out of all the people in the world, I GOT IN" then the main man comes to you and says "Hey pal, the only reason you had authority to come in, is because I WROTE YOUR NAME DOWN. Not because your better than any one else"

God gives us discernment and we use the power of his name to take authority over a situation in the spiritual realm. If someone is bound by lust, we don't beat it out of him. That's fight against the flesh. However, We don't just say "well I'll be praying" We have the authority to tell that thing to hit the road.

What many of us try to do is cast out devils in every thing. "There's the devil!....here's the devil!......Get the devil!But if we have fully sumbitted ourselves to God, he will reveal to us when we should take this authority and resist.

In his love,

Brian

You've summed it up well. :laugh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

NIV....Eph6:10-12 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his MIGHTY POWER. 11) Put on the full armor of GOD so that YOU can TAKE YOUR STAND AGAINST the DEVILS SCHEMES. 12) For our STRUGGLE is not against flesh and blood but AGAINST the RULERS, AGAINST the AUTHORITIES, AGAINST the POWERs of this dark world and AGAINST the SPIRITUAL FORCES of EVIL in the HEAVENLY REALMS"

The RULERS..the AUTHORITIES....the POWERS...SPIRITUAL FORCES of EVIL are all spiritual. Our fight or struggle is with thes

God gives us discernment and we use the power of his name to take authority over a situation in the spiritual realm. If someone is bound by lust, we don't beat it out of him. That's fight against the flesh. However, We don't just say "well I'll be praying" We have the authority to tell that thing to hit the road.

:laugh: :suspect: :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The RULERS..the AUTHORITIES....the POWERS...SPIRITUAL FORCES of EVIL are all spiritual. Our fight or struggle is with these.

KJV Matthew 16:23 "But he turned and said unto PETER, Get thee behind me Satan, thou art an offence unto me , for thou savourest not the things that be of God but those that be of man"

Jesus knew there was an evil spirit behind the words of Peter so he got rid of it before he continued.

NIV-Luke !10:17 "The seventy-two returned with joy and said Lord, even the demons SUBMIT to us IN YOUR NAME. 18) I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I HAVE GIVEN YOU AUTHORITY to TRAMPLE ON SNAKES and SCORPIANS and to OVERCOME ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY, nothing will harm you. HOWEVER, do not rejoice that THE SPIRITS SUBMIT TO YOU but rejoice that YOUR NAMES are WRITTEN IN HEAVEN"

The authority we have over evil spirits is a friut of the fact that our names are written in heaven. They rejoiced because they had power over demons with the name of Jesus but Jesus was trying to tell them that the only reason they had that power was because God has written their names in heaven.

It's like this, if there was a big party at the best place in the world and the only way you could get in was if the President wrote your name on a list. You walk to the door, the man sees your name and lets you in. Then you boast "out of all the people in the world, I GOT IN" then the main man comes to you and says "Hey pal, the only reason you had authority to come in, is because I WROTE YOUR NAME DOWN. Not because your better than any one else"

What many of us try to do is cast out devils in every thing. "There's the devil!....here's the devil!......Get the devil!But if we have fully sumbitted ourselves to God, he will reveal to us when we should take this authority and resist.

In his love,

Brian

I like what you say here and agree. We do need to be careful what we do in the spririt realm though. Like some said if we banish a demon from someone and do not make sure it is replaced with the knowledge of Jesus and filled with the Spirit, most likely later the demon will return with seven others and the fate of that person will be worse than if we have never gotten involved. I guess I'm saying that there is more to it than just saying be gone. Much follow up is needed.

Also it has been my experience that one should not mess with the demon realm unless the spirit leads you there. There are many different levels of demons, as Jesus taught some require fasting and prayer to deal with and if you are not totally prayed up and constantly ready to deal with something of that nature, extream care should be used. If not for yourself definately for the other person involved. I personally don't think most christians are that prepared all the time. Hopefully I may be wrong, but that is the way it looks to me.

Sam

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wilson

Galatians 5:19-21 are works of the flesh and other scriptures referring to works of the flesh are: Romans 1:28-32; Ephesians 5:3-6; 1 Cor. 6:9; II Tim. 3:2-5 and Rev. 21:8.

Whever the works of the flesh are PRAcTiCED there will usually be strongmen present because that is their area of operation. Whether the works of the flesh get beyond that stage and into demonic activity depends on the individial involved. Many times the first stage of the works of the flesh is curiosity, which leads to the initial participation. As the person is charmed and fascinated the Holy Spirit is still present, in the case of Christians, to convict him of his wrong doing. But if he ignores the conviction of the Holy Spirit over a period of time, which varies according to the person and situation, he may be in danger of initiating demonic activity because he has allowed an opening in his defenses through his continued sin.

Only the ministry of the Word of God by the Holy Spirit can keep us free from sin. If we avoid the Word on a daily basis we shut off the alarm system that allows the door to crack open, allowing satan to take a shot at us and we find ourselves in a battle we could have avoided.

Not every problem in our spiritual life is caused by a demon. Many times the problem begins because we step out of line with God's Word. Be careful to make daily decision according to God's Will for your life.

Do not force your spiritual diagnosis on those who will not listen. Quietly continue taking dominion over the situation in the Name of Jesus, either within your own spirit or audibly when you are alone, until such time as the individual or the Holy Spirit indicates that he is ready to listen. The only exception to this rule would be a clear case of possession in which the Holy spitit leads you to take direct action and cast it out. Then be careful to make sure the person is filled up with the Word and the Holy Spirit AFTER the demons leave so that they cannot return in force at a later date.

Do not become so demon conscious that you forget the far greater truth that your name is written down in heaven (Luke 10:20). Be aware of your spiritual power as you act in the Name of Jesus, but emphasize the positive as much as possible. ALWAYS take time to give God the glory, publicly for everything.

Remember that satan can appear as an angel of light. 2 Cor. 11:14, 15. Test every spirit. Stay humble. Don't fear. Walk by faith. Use authority.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Here are a two scriptrues referencing what Jesus said about casting out demons.

Matthew 10:8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons:: Freely ye have received, freely give."

Mark 16:17 "These signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out demons".

This is something that I am careful with. {Smart move}I think that there are those that have enough faith to cast out demons. I believe that we as Christians can cast out demons in Jesus name.

I have. A relative called me at 2 am and he was screaming he was dying...God was coming after him to kill him and send him to hell and he could see demons everywhere. He was manifesting demons bigtime and was seeing into the spirit realm.

Now, before you think this guy was a loon, he was a suit and tie, college degreed businessman with a family. He wasn't a believer though.

He had to call a dozen relatives to get my phone number in Florida because I was the only Christian he knew. (Sad, huh?)

God had prepared me months before as I was reading a number of books on deliverance. I was also walking in strict obedience to the Lord, praying and fasting often and in a state of readiness.

When the man called, God Himself gave me the right words and the wisdom of what to say and do.

In other words, what I'm saying is that this man is delivered and free but God showed me exactly what to do, I depended strictly on His guidance and wisdom and allowed the Holy Spirit to speak and I had never gone out looking to do an exorcism.

The exocism was successful and the man ended up a Christian, going to church and making Christian friends and of course, moving out of state immediately ...because he had gotten involved in a coven of witches where he worked - that's when "seeing into the spirit realm started with him."

Look, God used me but only when I was completely in obedience and in his will; only when HE GAVE THE ORDERS... - "Do it!" and believe me, you have peace and tranquility and know He's with you. You know He's given the command, "Do this; I'm with you." I can't explain it. There's a peace that's hard to explain in words. He gives you wisdom you never had; words you'd never think of ...He just speaks right through you. It's all HIM and you're just the messenger...nothing more.

You should NEVER try to deliver someone God hasn't given you specific orders to deliver. You depend on HIS strength and power and not your own flesh or "know how".

If HE gives the order, "OBEY!" Otherwise, no way...don't go messing with a hornets nest.

We have to wait on our Commander in Chief's orders and not try to strike out on our own.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

One thing you have to make sure you have The power of The Holy Spirit to help someone, now if you do things in the flesh, you are hurting yourself by sinning, and hurting the other person, by your sinning, if God grants you a gift to cast out demons this is great. Make sure you are in the Holy Spirit, and not in some evil spirit yourself thinking you have power to do that, when you have not shown obedience to the faith. If you show obedience to the faith, then God will lead you. An example, I was writting on the internet, and a women, came by with a child, then she was talking normally, then all the sudden she said something like in a masculine voice, die, die, then spoke normally to her child again then said the same thing I think. Now if an evil spirit manifests, you may be shown you can cast the evil spirit, or spirits out by The Spirit of The Father, thus you may. Make sure you have faith to do that, otherwise you will have problems if you try to do that. Now sometimes the flesh gets in the way, and that is a position people have where the spirit of their mind is not correct, thus no this, casting out spirits, can mean in anyway. Thus giving the Word of God is great, also. Now also it is important to understand Romans 14:23...for whatsoever (is) not of faith is sin. Also the scripture which says, abstain from all appearance of evil. That means, if something to someone appears to be evil, then do not do it, like eating, drinking wine, or anything else that goes into the mouth. Remember though, Mark the last chapter about drinking poison, and it not hurting people, and remember Jesus said nothing that goes into the mouth defiles, now if people have faith, and if they are not lead away from faith which works by love, while they do those things, they may, as long as it does not go agaist the obeying the governments, and as long as it does not hurt the person physically, and as long as it does not make them, do, and say evil things. Please look at 1 Cor. 9:4 Have we not power to eat, and drink?" To eat quite a bit, and to drink some kind of alcoholic beverages, as well as normal drinks, and even poisonous drinks, also eat things which only in the natural would hurt them, yet if God grants them, eating things which are not good for them, but God can make it good for them. 1 Cor. 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and (as) the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas? Or I only, and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?" Here we see, Paul, and barnabas saying have we not power to have a wife, yet they choose not to. One understanding is they choose not to for the many understandings of 1 Cor. 9:4-5. Also they have power to not work, but they choose to, to not stop the good news, so we choose not to, to not stop the good news, all those different things. 1 Cor. 9:18 What is my reward then? (Verily) that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel(good news) of Christ without charge, that I use not my power in the good news. 1 Cor. 9:19 For though I be free from all, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 1 Cor. 9:22 ...I am made all things to all, that I might by all means save some." Thus he is saying I do not these things so others would be saved. So if someone has faith to do these things, they should not teach it, but they should have faith unto themselves. Going according to instruction, which The Holy Spirit gives. Now if someone does not have faith to drink alcohol, wine, smoke cigarettes, or anything that may be legal in ones own country, then they should not, even eating in doubt is sin, so a person should not even eat if they have doubt. Yet, sometimes people do, so if something offends my brother, or sister, or mother, in Jesus Christ, I will not eat, or drink, or anything else, is what the scriptures instruct on, yet people can if they have faith, yet they are not to instruct others to do that. So not all people who may drink alittle alcohol are sinning, and not all people who smoke cigarettes are sinning, Remember Paul instructed the one person to drink alittle wine, so that He would be helped, comforted. Now if someone does those things they should keep this faith unto themselves, and not show someone who is weak in faith, so that all may be saved, and come to the knowledge of the truth. So 1 Cor. 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring (it) into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. Eph. 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit. So we stop doing those things we can do, so that all may be saved. 1 Cor. 9:22 ...I am made all things to all, that I might by all means save some. Now about the riches, the apostles many times did not have much, so that tells you, if someone does not have alot that does not mean they have an evil spirit. Yet some may not understand a grace from God in that area, and sometimes He gives money, and things. That being said, not all God's true followers will have things, those who do, are supposed to help those who do not. So there may be an equality as the scriptures show. Now just because someone has things does not mean they are more godly then those who do not have things, and/or money. Remember the scripture, they think gain is godlyness, this is not true, whether someone has alot, or whether they have little, this does not show someone is more godly, or less godly, in one way or the other. Yet we do see in the scriptures God giving a blessing for those who are poor in the sense of money, because they rely totally on God, and not on the money, and things, thus relying on God is what is most important, following Him, is what is most important, people can follow Him, if they have money, or if they do not have money, let those who have money give to those who do not. This is the will of God in Meshiach Yeshua our YaH(Christ Jesus our Lord).

Edited by AllforJesustheLord

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

One thing you have to make sure you have The power of The Holy Spirit to help someone, now if you do things in the flesh, you are hurting yourself by sinning, ).

I just said exactly this in the post before yours. Did you read my post? Doesn't appear so.

Guest matthew517

We are lower than the angels? What?

Before Yeshua died and rose He was made in the image of sinful man which was lower than the angels. But since He rose He ascended and is over all.

(Hebrews 1: After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.)

Since I have died to myself and have been raise in Yeshua I am one with Him and live in Him for He calls us brothers and heirs to His kingdom.

Hebrews 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

John 13:16

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Just a quick interruption, if I may. A.J.T.L., it sure would help out a lot if you divided your posts up into paragraphs that are separated by blank lines. Paragraphs make long posts such as this a lot easier to read.

Much Grace,

~G

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

QUOTE (AllforJesustheLord @ May 16 2004, 06:53 PM)

One thing you have to make sure you have The power of The Holy Spirit to help someone, now if you do things in the flesh, you are hurting yourself by sinning, ).

I just said exactly this in the post before yours. Did you read my post? Doesn't appear so.

This is wonderful you did, but there are other things which I posted, try not to get into the spirit of argumentation which is going on right now, in this web site, this is about serving God, and Loving The Almighty, I am doing what I feel The Holy Spirit is telling me to do. Sometimes He does not want me to read all the posts, sometimes telling me not to read some posts, othertimes He gives me a choice, I am not under obligation to you, or anyone else first I am to listen to God, then to help other people, including myself, so other, and I can love God, as we are commanded to do. Yet if for your sake you want me to look at your post the one you posted I can, to show you love, this is God's will, if you feel you must control me, God will allow me to do that for you. ELoHeeM(God) bless you in Joshua Messiah our YaHWeH(Lord), and ELoHaY(God), and I love you through Him. Instead of contentions, let us sow peace.