• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Zechariah 14 gives one of the clearest pictures of the Day of the Lord and the thousand year reign that will follow. Verse 3 describes how the Lord will come and defend Jerusalem and destroy those nations that are gathered against it, that did not happen in A.D. 70, nor did all the saints accompany Him (Jesus), as found in verse 5, nor did the Lord reign over all the earth as verse 9 describes, along with verse 6,7 and 8. also compare these verses to the book of Revelations

Zechariah 14

The Day of the LORD

1 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. 2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken,

The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west,

Making very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south.

5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake

In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the LORD my God will come, And all the saints with You.[a]

6 It shall come to pass in that day That there will be no light; The lights will diminish. 7 It shall be one day Which is known to the LORD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Zechariah 14 gives one of the clearest pictures of the Day of the Lord and the thousand year reign that will follow. Verse 3 describes how the Lord will come and defend Jerusalem and destroy those nations that are gathered against it, that did not happen in A.D. 70, nor did all the saints accompany Him (Jesus), as found in verse 5, nor did the Lord reign over all the earth as verse 9 describes, along with verse 6,7 and 8. also compare these verses to the book of Revelations

Zechariah 14

The Day of the LORD

1 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. 2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; The city shall be taken,

The houses rifled, And the women ravished. Half of the city shall go into captivity, But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then the LORD will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west,

Making very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south.

5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake

In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the LORD my God will come, And all the saints with You.[a]

6 It shall come to pass in that day That there will be no light; The lights will diminish. 7 It shall be one day Which is known to the LORD

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

When Christ died on the cross at Calvary He died for all. In 1 Corinthians it tells us there is no distinction between the Jews, Greeks slave or free man.

1 Corinthians 12:13

For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body

The question seems backwards to me. It's not "why are they treated so well?" as much as it is "why have we recieved so much mercy compared to how they have suffered?"

If it's a matter of being "fair" (by human standards) then christians should have been judged many times....

Romans 9:20-22 (King James Version)

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

When Christ died on the cross at Calvary He died for all. In 1 Corinthians it tells us there is no distinction between the Jews, Greeks slave or free man.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

Hi

It is because Israel is born of faith and therefore is of peculiar origin. It's existence is perplexing to man because revelation authorizes it compared with the selfish ambition which may have been the motivation of other nations and their warrings. Israel's health and peace is important for the consistency of the faithfullness and justice that we all hope may be extended to us as people of faith. How the world treats Israel shows us how they treat the anointed and the politics involved can be comparative with the Christian's issues with darkness, eg. Authority in Jesus name, rights of existence, privacy, fair treatment, godly tradional rights, holiness, honor, justice, liberty etc.

God's Faithfulness to Israel has been and will be a substantiating witness of that Spirit we're to drink into,

so the faithfullness continues.

Edited by psalmone

These 144000 Jews believe in God, but they don't believe in Jesus,

Why do you think so? :whistling:

The scriptures seem to indicate otherwise;

Revelation 14

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

These 144000 Jews believe in God, but they don't believe in Jesus,

Why do you think so? :24:

The scriptures seem to indicate otherwise;

Revelation 14

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Good question Yod. According to the pre-trib doctrine which the most widely believed end time doctrine the 144,000 will believe in Jesus and will re-evangelize the world creating a new body of Christ after the resurrection/rapture.

So far nobody has answered a question I put forth which is "why are the 144,000 the first fruits of God". Why are we not the first fruits of God since we are saved before the 144,000?

So far nobody has answered a question I put forth which is "why are the 144,000 the first fruits of God". Why are we not the first fruits of God since we are saved before the 144,000?

I'll speculate about that...

Firstfruits are the first gleanings of a new harvest every year. It could be that this is speaking about a new generation of believers in Israel since the days of Yeshua? There has not been that many believers in Israel since the days of the Second Temple...but there will be in the very near future the way things are going.

Most American jews have no desire to move back to the land..but messianic jews are the exception. They are loyal to Israel and desire to be in the IDF fighting for their home. This kind of enthusiasm will only spread to the average Israeli (who is secular) looking for purpose in life. It would only take one generation to get 144,000 young men who have not been defiled by women as the scriptures call for.

Btw...I don't think a rapture has to necessarily happen before this event.