WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,498
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

The U.S. is wrestling with the worst food inflation in 17 years, and analysts expect new data due on Wednesday to show it's getting worse. That's putting the squeeze on poor families and forcing bakeries, bagel shops and delis to explain price increases to their customers.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/abcnews-go-...int-id-4651765/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

Terrible prices everywhere.

On a brighter note, we may now be able to pay our professionals with a gallon of milk, or eggs, or produce.

It's too expensive to buy it at the store.

Very nearly need to take out a loan anymore to buy milk.

Hey doc, thanks for the check-up.

I've brought you two gallons of milk, two cartons of eggs, a few bushels of fresh vegetables and a chicken.

:th_praying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I'd be thankful if someone paid me in food. A quart of milk is 2.79. And thats the off brand. :th_praying:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Yes, and it is getting worst. It has been suggested that those who can, plant a garden, raise animals and learn how our grandparents use to live. Stay out of the stores unless necessary. Walk if you can. Save if you can.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I believe the ethanol fuel policies are driving up the costs of food. Isn't it a magnificent concept? Instead of burning fuel for energy, we burn up food. Who were the geniuses that thought this up?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Tempted to answer that . . . but I will be good and won't.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Part of an email sent to me a few days ago. I deleted it, but had a request to repost,

Food Inflation Today and the

Black Horse of the Apocalypse 172.jpg?a=1102024267526 ETERNAL VALUE REVIEW - By Wilfred J. Hahn - ISSUE 1, VOLUME 11 - February 2008 " I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, 'A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!'" (Revelation 6:6, NIV) - - - Described here is rampant food inflation.Following the first two seals whichintroduce the white and red horses-these signifying the consecutive stages of a globalized peace and prosperity and war and strife-comes this picture of soaring prices for the two agricultural products of wheat and barley.

It is a timely topic to explore if for no other reason than the world again appears to be on the verge of a period of major food inflation. This may not be overly obvious to North Americans just yet, however, the precursors to this global development can hardly be ignored. Basic food prices in North America have surely surged of late. For example, raw milk futures on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange have risen 80% over the past year. Wheat prices have doubled from a year ago, while corn prices have more than doubled since the start of 2006. Similar price spikes can be observed across a wide range of agricultural products. Other countries are experiencing even higher surges. In China, pork prices are triple that of a year ago, and in Russia most food items tracked by the Statistics Committee (Rosstat) rose 30% in one month (August 2007).

Too bad the images of the scales did not come across. The reading is a bit hard, but I'm glad you put it back up.

We do need to be aware of the times. Are we there yet? Only God know the timing, but we are to be very watchful so we are not caught by surprise, nor be troubled by not knowing. God is in Control!

Come soon, Jesus!

Part of an email sent to me a few days ago. I deleted it, but had a request to repost,

Food Inflation Today and the

Black Horse of the Apocalypse

ETERNAL VALUE REVIEW - By Wilfred J. Hahn - ISSUE 1, VOLUME 11 - February 2008

" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, 'A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!'" (Revelation 6:6, NIV)

Described here is rampant food inflation.Following the first two seals which introduce the white and red horses-these signifying the consecutive stages of a globalized peace and prosperity and war and strife-comes this picture of soaring prices for the two agricultural products of wheat and barley.

It is a timely topic to explore if for no other reason than the world again appears to be on the verge of a period of major food inflation. This may not be overly obvious to North Americans just yet, however, the precursors to this global development can hardly be ignored. Basic food prices in North America have surely surged of late. For example, raw milk futures on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange have risen 80% over the past year. Wheat prices have doubled from a year ago, while corn prices have more than doubled since the start of 2006. Similar price spikes can be observed across a wide range of agricultural products. Other countries are experiencing even higher surges. In China, pork prices are triple that of a year ago, and in Russia most food items tracked by the Statistics Committee (Rosstat) rose 30% in one month (August 2007).

Hope you don't mind me clearing it up to make it an easier read ...