IGNORED

is marrying off 15yr olds and multiple wifes a big deal?

Merin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

Well, this was the original question:

I am truly distressed at the taking apart of these families!!! If marring 15yr olds and having more than one wife is the worst thing going on there... Geez bring their families back together!!!! Please share with me the terriblness of these things because I guess j am missing something.

He said he must be missing something, and so we were explaining to him what he was missing. :emot-hug:

and I thank you all!! I am learning so much...

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

BTW...I noticed that someone suggested returning the children to the mothers. At first glance this may appear a good idea. However, please consider...the mothers are the ones responsible for instilling the doctrines...not the Fathers. The Father is responsible for the Mothers..the mothers for the children. In most cases, the Fathers don't have hardly any relationship with their many children. This is why it is easier for them to trade them away to another man. (And yes, trade is the right word for it.) The mothers in this case are just as guilty for perpetuating the cycle as the fathers are. Albeit, the fathers have built a system that requires the women to do so.

I think the children should ONLY be returned to the mothers with close supervision...and probation.

Yes, but who do you think controls the wives? Get them away from their husbands and into some counciling and you will have different mothers. The women need to heal, just as much as the children. IMO.

Oh yes...clearly I agree and noted in my post that the Fathers are over the wives. The Fathers are the ultimate bad guys in this since they established this garbage in the first place. I was only speaking to the idea that the children should be given to their mothers without oversight. I wholeheartedly agree that supervision/counseling is in order. I suggest probation as well only as a means of assuring that these mothers have incentive to NOT return to the cycle of abuse that they are so used to.

In many cases, the mothers are more indoctrinated in this false doctrine than the men. The men believe it because they've been taught it...the mothers believe it because they have studied it and applied it and passed it on.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

From the Terms Of Service that we all agreed to follow ...

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

These speak for themselves.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

From the Terms Of Service that we all agreed to follow ...

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

These speak for themselves.

Exactly! :whistling:

Thread has been cleaned up. Let's discuss the OP.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I am truly distressed at the taking apart of these families!!! If marring 15yr olds and having more than one wife is the worst thing going on there... Geez bring their families back together!!!! Please share with me the terriblness of these things because I guess j am missing something.

Hi Merin,

I am appauled at your shallow view in looking at 15 yr olds marrying a man perhaps her own father I'm sure unwillingly and then those young girls have to share that man which is forbidden as it is sexual immorality which is also forbidden.

OC

I never said anything about 15yr olds marring their fathers!!!!!!!!

i never said anything about 15yr olds marring unwilllinglly!!!!

Thank so much

I didn't say that you said anything about 15yr olds marrying their fathers but I was responding to your original post where you said, "If marrying 15 yr olds and having more than one wife is the worst thing going on there." But if one man desires one of his daughters to be one of his wives there is nothing that forbid's this practice that I am aware of but if this happens then it is incest.

Also, look at the words I used, "perhaps her own father" this clearly is my thoughts.

I didn't say you said anything about 15yr olds marrying unwillingly. If you will look closely you can see that that is my personal view, "I'm sure unwillingly."

Thank you so much as well

OC

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

Let me try this again ...

Merin, do you follow the beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints?

Perhaps he does belong to this sect.

Wouldn't be the first one to pass through here.

You are right. He would not be the first, but allow Merin to speak for himself. To better understand him, I asked this question

also what about the" honkey" remark

Guest LadyC

i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and guess he meant "hunky dory" rather than what he said, which was "honky cool". he does seem to mix up his spelling and grammar a good deal.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

bro,

your talking and thinking like a wet dog

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

I did not mean to say honkey or whatever I said.. I was trying to repeat what someone else said... Sorry

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.82
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

can anyone hear me? LOL! Seriously I am not asking about those situations I'd other situations or anything to do with Mormons!! I am just asking what is so wrong with 15 yr olds marring and what is so wrong with having more than one wife?

Since no amount of education will satisfy, why don't you tell us what is right with marrying 15 yr olds and so right with having more than one wife. :whistling: