• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

was Brownsville real????

the testimonies that came from it lead to the fact it was and is......

thing is, all of them can be real, it is what we do with it after the outpouring takes place..... also are we going to watch what happens? such as with a circus? you know, like the people that say well, i was there and I didnt feel a thing.....

what are we expecting when we show up at service?

how much time before service do we spend in preparation for that service?

remember, service does not mean where we go get fed, it means where we go to serve... if we are going to see what we can receive, we are going for the wrong reason.....

in China, it takes 2 hours and longer for a service to begin once people start showing up, why? cause that is how long it takes for the church to gather.... they do not start coming so that they can fellowship (gossip) before the service, they start worshiping when they first get there.........

other places they spend even more time in prayer and worship.... such as Prayer Mountain in Korea.... 24/7

can we do that?

there was on team, that when the evangelist would travel from town to town, one member of his team would arrive ahead of him, find a quiet place, and begin fasting and praying days before the evangelist would show up..... some times he would find a basement, or rent a room .. .but would go in and begin and remain so undisturbed, concentrating on the Lord....

many people scoff revival services.... why? i do not know, for even the overflow is wonderful.... are they real? well, i do not know 100 %, but the evidence tends to lead to the proof, such as when you look in the nursery, and see the 2, 3, and 4 year olds speaking tongues with their hands raised, and the nursery sitter is baffled as to what is going on, hmmm real> or not real?

i would be very slow to say it is not of God......

will let God separate the tares from the wheat.

mike

Very well said. :whistling:

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

Anyone else negative about the revival? i would like to hear opinions... anything other than because he holds prophetic conferences and charges money?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

All I can tell you is that the gifts are given by the Holy Spirit, and can be done with the laying on of hands as you mentioned. Show me where in this chapter that God requires you to pay for any of the gifts.

1 Corinthians 12

Spiritual Gifts: Unity in Diversity

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Unity and Diversity in One Body

For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body

i dont think anyone is paying for the gift... earlier posts went through that...

Plus, nobody but God can teach you how to use a gift, for the usage comes by the moving of the Holy Spirit within you. No gift can not be taught in a classroom setting.

Be Blessed!

OneLight

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Plus, nobody but God can teach you how to use a gift, for the usage comes by the moving of the Holy Spirit within you. No gift can not be taught in a classroom setting.

Be Blessed!

OneLight

you never get taught stuff? i mean about being better at this or that?

Not the gifts of the Spirit. You can learn about them, but you can never be taught to a point where you have it because you learned about it.

As for paying to have the gift, Here is a link to his school. Read it for yourself.

OneLight

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Matthew 17

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

You can learn about them, but you can never be taught to a point where you have it because you learned about it.

OneLight

I am saying this too.... i dont understand how we agree but disagree?

I belive he teaches and imparts...it's a conference of course it's going to cost money...I dont get the big deal? anyways I am not even indorsing this guy...just looking for opions and getting the same one over and over...whitch is fine...i appreciate your opinions alot!!!!!!!! God bless the body...

Do you really believe that someone can teach you how to see into the future?

I think someone can greatly give input to the gifts and give experiences to learn from...biblicall background...never been to a prphetic conference ...

Do you really believe that someone can teach you how to see into the future?

If you have the gift of prophesy...and it is to see into the future... then i think someone can be of use in increasing your ability by imparting wisdow and experiences to help in your gift