• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Without going into details, how does one deal with severe disappointment? I am finding that the disappointment which I am dealing with is a hard one to get past as it involves religious hurts and wounds as well as some other more personal issues.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :ph34r::emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I have learned over the years that there are reasons why I go through tough times. Instead of staying stuck in the muck, I look for that reason. What is it that I can learn from this? What is God trying to show me? I give it all to Him and trust that everything will be better in the long run.

In His Love,

OneLight

Without going into details, how does one deal with severe disappointment? I am finding that the disappointment which I am dealing with is a hard one to get past as it involves religious hurts and wounds as well as some other more personal issues.

:):emot-heartbeat::laugh::24:

:rolleyes:

Fill You Broken Heart With The One Who Loves You With Love Unfeigned

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

And Who Loved You To The Uttermost

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Who Lives To Serve And To Protect

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Romans 8:34

And Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

This has helped me...maybe it will you as well:

"In this you rejoice, even if now you have had had to suffer various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith--being more precious than gold that, though perishable, is tested by fire--may be found to resulting praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.... Although you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now you rejoice with joy inexpressable and full of glory....for you are receiving the outcome of your faith ---the salvation of your souls" 1Peter 1:6-9

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

:rolleyes::):emot-heartbeat::laugh:

my friend i dont know you but it sure seems like you try hard to figuer stuff out....

all you need is one touch from God...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Disappointment hurts, but everyone has to deal with it. Whether in our jobs, our friendships, in buying cars....disappointment is a part of living. Unfortunately, people expect a higher standard from Christians and tend to blame God or Christianity for the things which humans do. Another problem I see so often, non-Christians blaming Christians for not reacting to something in a non-worldly way. For instance, Christians should not gossip but a non-Christian may be offended if a Christian doesn't join in telling tails about others.

I guess the best advice I can give you is to be honest in assessing the situation. Search the Bible to see if you can understand why the person reacted the way they did. Sometimes this involves an honest review of our own actions and motives.

Remember, Christians make mistakes just like anyone else. Christ gives us the example to follow. He was innocent of any wrong doing. The trial He went through was illegal. The charges were made up. He was beaten (literally to a pulb), spit upon, mocked, His beard was plucked out. They crucified Him. At any time He could have called 10,000 angels to stop the whole thing. But He didn't. Because He didn't we gain eternity. While He was hanging on that cross, What did He say?

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots." Luke 23:34

Nothing that could ever be done to you or me comes close to what Jesus suffered, and God the Son asked God the Father to forgive. Wow. That's our example.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Phil. 4:8.

I don't really believe in disappointment. You can set yourself up to be disappointed, though, but if you can keep the right perspective, those negative feelings will be fleeting.

:blink:

:thumbsup:

Joy

Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
Isaiah 66:5

In Jesus

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 10:32-39

And Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Take heart sister, find your comfort in the arms of our Father. Sometimes in our darkests struggles is when some of the biggest breakthroughs in our walk with Christ can come. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

The greatest comfort I derive when I am disappointed (and believe me, I've had my fair share) is just that God knows and cares. He will never fail.