IGNORED

Prisoner abuse

Guest charlie

Guest charlie

Yod, let me be very clear about this. Evil is not republican or democratic. Evil is evil and we must be very careful that we as Christians do not choose politics over right and wrong ourselves as we accuse others of doing.

Where's the outrage at forced abortion in China? Don't both political parties in this country give them most favored nation status?

Face it, the government is not Christian although the Christian religion can come in handy for most politicians at some time or another in their political careers.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The media in general is very liberal in my opinion, with a few exceptions. For the greater part the U.S. media does not report on the positive aspects of the war in Iraq. At some point you have to ask yourself why. If enough negativity is reported concerning the war then perhaps the American people will begin to turn on the president. Isn't this exactly what liberals in this country want?

Guest yod

Yeah Charlie...I'm pretty much in agreement with everything you've said. I don't expect our government to be christian though.

I'm just not buying the hypocritical assaults of the liberals. As if they give a rip about anyone but themselves and regaining political power?

That's why they are out and dying...

Guest yod

I have heard CNN exploiting this issue as if all American soldiers are doing this everywhere.

I have heard people on Fox defending the military...saying this was an isolated incident. Fox has a few liberals....how many conservative views do you get on CNN?

If that ain't liberal bias with an intent to divide us then what is it?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Those pictures are not representive of the US military I am so proud of. Fakes or not they are despicible. And anyone who condones such acts or makes excuses for such things are beyond reproach. Thank God we can be assured this is a small minority of those fighting ffor this country.

And for God's sake stop calling it the liberal media. Fox, CBN, and MSNBC are equally as guilty of propgating that trash on the airwaves. It's distasteful media regardless of the political affiliation. So stop passing the buck to one side or the other. They are all a bunch of sensationalists with deep corporate pockets out to shock and woo the advertisers.

I make a distinction between liberal and conservative, and Democrat and Republican. On can be liberal and yet not be a Democrat, and one can be a conservative without belonging to the Republican party.

Overall the media is liberally bias, in my opinion. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

The incident was real else our President would not have publically apologized.

What these men did was horrible. When we think of such abuse during war time pictures of what the Jews went through comes to mind. That kind of inhumain, sick treatment makes me want to cry. My heart is broken for the families and those who endured the abuse.

What these soldiers did has cast a dim light on our nation as a whole. It is the little foxes that spoil the vine. You see it only takes a few to cause a major problem. Our other soldiers are now in more danger that they were before. Our missionaries are in more danger. We are a Christian nation. What kind of message does that send to people we want to reach for Christ?

So, we all need to really pray for this situation.

Guest squeelkg

What happened shouldn't be a surprise:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/06/internat...ast/06PSYC.html

When we don't have an ear to God, when there is no accountability, Satan does take over. Another good illustration of this would be from "The Passion" movie by Mel Gibson. Everytime the Saducees and Pharisees or the Roman gaurds became out of control, you could see the satan character walking amongst the mob. Now this _is_ just an illustration, but I believe it is not too far from the truth.

We ultimately need to pray for the families of those who are in the horrible pictures and of course the ones who participated in the horrible acts. God always works a good out of the bad, He is our miracle worker.

kg

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

We ultimately need to pray for the families of those who are in the horrible pictures and of course the ones who participated in the horrible acts. God always works a good out of the bad, He is our miracle worker.

kg

You and I are on the same page. As SOON as I saw those pics for the first time, I fell down in prayer before God and begged Him to give those men "healing" in their minds and bodies and grant them the grace to forgive those who did evil to them.

I have asked that God aid those men to forgive because in forgiving, they can find peace for themselves, rather than the torment of painful memories of humiliation.

Charlie...bruh...I'm with you all the way. I was angry and shocked! Why? Because WE'RE better than that!

I expect lowlife behavior from these 3rd world countries devoid of the One, True God...they act according to their flesh.

I expect OUR country to demonstrate restraint and proper protocol according to the Geneva Convention in interrogating prisoners.

Cymba...sorry but the photos are the real deal and Miss Lindy, *the girl with the smoke in her mouth pointing at the Iraqi men* had her photograph taken down from the "wall of honor" at Walmart because of the shame and disgrace she has brought upon our people.

I can't control what others do...those of other nations or countries.

We are responsible for what WE do...those of our people and country. We are accountable!!!

We're not like them and pray we never are ....When we do wrong, we must be accountable for our wrong, confess our sins and make restitution.

Why? Because even when we sin before the whole world, how we respond when confronted with our sin reveals more about our character than anything else.

Others cover things up; if we confess our sins (before even the Arab world) and make restitution, we will at least be seen as a people who don't sit around justifying our sins but rather as those who "own up" to our sins and make what is wrong..right.

We must be held accountable. It doesn't matter one iota if the Arab world never does...We must.

Why? Because God calls us to be accountable. We are STILL one nation UNDER GOD and our God holds us accountable for our sins.

We must make what is wrong right...correct the evils done, make appology and restitution to the victims.

Period.

For what it's worth, they interviewed one poor soul who was horribly humiliated and he'd been arrested simply because he was in a car with another man who was driving a stolen vehicle. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time..and that was his only "sin".

Yet he was horribly abused and humiliated...and tears were in his eyes for the shame he felt.

Nobody's gonna tell me we have any excuse here. We have NONE. This is insane.

No excuses for doing evil...we must be accountable, appologize and humble ourselves and make restitution to those who were harmed. Simple.

We are held to a higher standard because the God our nation is under is the One True God...that's why.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

While we are being shocked and upset, we should also be looking into why is this happening and why now.

Sam

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/30/1958

I do not know how much longer we will be able to call ourselves one Nation Under God; With all the sin that is prevailing forth and turned around to look as right,little by little. :t2: But hey! The Bible prophesied this to come.