• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Greetings Saints, In Jesus Name!

It has been about two weeks now that I have been in a dry spell. One where prayer is hard, studies are harder and you feel nothing inside. I do understand that this is only temporary and I will get through it, but I have been sitting here wondering what does everyone else do when they find themselves in this situation?

Be Blessed,

Alan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

Aaahh, yes, I know what you mean Alan! I am in one of those situations once in a while too. I do nothing special. I feel nothing inside just as you described, so I just wait until it passes. Luckily, it never lasts long. One thing I do though is keep reading the bible everyday, maybe even more fervently than usual. I just read it. I know that for some people it lasts longer, and they find that period pretty painful (spiritually.)

Guest latese
Greetings Saints, In Jesus Name!

It has been about two weeks now that I have been in a dry spell. One where prayer is hard, studies are harder and you feel nothing inside. I do understand that this is only temporary and I will get through it, but I have been sitting here wondering what does everyone else do when they find themselves in this situation?

Be Blessed,

Alan

Just be still and know that God is there and he loves you and it is only temporary, and continue to press through.

Just be still and know that God is there and he loves you and it is only temporary, and continue to press through.

Welcome!

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: Psalms 19:25

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

:thumbsup:

but I have been sitting here wondering what does everyone else do when they find themselves in this situation?

:taped:

Sometimes Dear Brother I'll Read The Word Until I Start Laughing At Myself......

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

Knowing He Is Faithful

:wub:

And Then I'll Start Blessing My Daddy And My Savior And The Holy Ghost

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalms 103:1-5

Because They Are Soooo Good To Me

He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. Psalms 103:10-14

Forever And Ever

But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul. Psalms 103:17-22

Amen!

:blink:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I go through those times, too. This may sound silly, but Worthy helps. As I read prayer requests and testimonies, it really helps. I also find, too, that when I go through a dry spell, usually something happens to yank me back into God's word -- sometimes it's a crisis and sometimes it is a joyful thing. I never am happy when I'm in one of those dry spells and it always feels as if something is just not quite right. I'm always glad to get back to normal.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

It seems I'm in a place like that much more than I'm not. It's the worst feeling there is. It gets to where I can't pray or read the Word. I just have to wait it out.

But being on Worthy does help, a lot.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

When I first came to Worthy, there were a lot more threads that I wanted to respond to, causing me to dig deep in the word. I was so on fire because of this. I loved the research, the discussions, the debates and the understanding that was brought forth by all. But for some reason, the threads I read today do not spark the same in me. I'm sure it is not the threads, nor the subject, because many are responding to them ... hmmmm, a dry place. I'm going to set time to get alone with God today. Maybe I'll take a nice long walk in the woods.

Thanks for the responses! It is so nice to have support from family members.

In His Love,

Alan

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

When I first came to Worthy, there were a lot more threads that I wanted to respond to, causing me to dig deep in the word. I was so on fire because of this. I loved the research, the discussions, the debates and the understanding that was brought forth by all. But for some reason, the threads I read today do not spark the same in me. I'm sure it is not the threads, nor the subject, because many are responding to them ... hmmmm, a dry place. I'm going to set time to get alone with God today. Maybe I'll take a nice long walk in the woods.

Thanks for the responses! It is so nice to have support from family members.

In His Love,

Alan

I came to a place where it seemed all these threads have been discussed over and over, and it got tiresome for me. Lately I've brought myself to a realization that it's the personalities, not the issues that

draw me to Worthy.

Maybe sometimes we just need to be reminded of our humanity and that it is better to be with God. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

When I find it difficult to draw aside for a private time with the LORD I have learned that if I will start praying aloud while I am working that I will eventually lay down what I am doing and draw aside. It is the getting started that can be so difficult. We are in a battle when it comes to seeking after the LORD and it is not always so easy to just automatically win. But we do!