• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1971

I find that song worship tends to help. I like to get up and do the motions to children's church songs like Father Abraham. It gets me tickled and blesses me out!!! Oh, and it makes me fell young, which is nice too. Plus my 2 1/2 year old son likes to watch his mom act silly and have fun.

zaidenmom

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

When I first came to Worthy, there were a lot more threads that I wanted to respond to, causing me to dig deep in the word. I was so on fire because of this. I loved the research, the discussions, the debates and the understanding that was brought forth by all. But for some reason, the threads I read today do not spark the same in me. I'm sure it is not the threads, nor the subject, because many are responding to them ... hmmmm, a dry place. I'm going to set time to get alone with God today. Maybe I'll take a nice long walk in the woods.

Thanks for the responses! It is so nice to have support from family members.

In His Love,

Alan

:noidea: Praying for you Alan :noidea:

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

You're in my prayers Alan.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I've always found that praise brought the refreshing I needed. Praise till I got there. Sometimes that was a couple of hours - sometimes only 3 songs.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Onelight, bless you. Sometimes I feel like 'dry spells' are a way of life for me, but I know that is just the enemy whispering in my ear, trying to get my focus off Jesus. With all that goes on in day to day living it is easy to be overwhelmed. Jesus is there even when we don't feel like He is. I usually have to just go shut myself up in a room and do some serious praying. That's what works for me. I will keep you in prayer!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Onelight, bless you. Sometimes I feel like 'dry spells' are a way of life for me, but I know that is just the enemy whispering in my ear, trying to get my focus off Jesus. With all that goes on in day to day living it is easy to be overwhelmed. Jesus is there even when we don't feel like He is. I usually have to just go shut myself up in a room and do some serious praying. That's what works for me. I will keep you in prayer!

I wonder if it is not due to being complacent in my walk? Maybe it is the "Ho-Hum" attitude that I was getting? I am now over the dry spell, but have once again been reminded what it feels like not to have the fellowship I so wanted and needed.

To those who are walking in the desert, keep going and you will come out into an oasis!

OneLight

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:emot-hug: Amen Alan, Amen! :emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Alan, thanks so much for opening up this topic. I've been thinking of bailing on Worthy lately too, so thanks for your thoughts on this. I think these dry spells are just part of growth. I read My Utmost for His Highest and listen to worship music. Gaither, wow. Dry spells also bring out the sweetness of blessing rain. I'm also into practicing gratitude lately and remembering the little oasis moments that come my way. I've been pretty miserable much of the past year and yet remember how gracious God was in specific moments. I tend to withdraw and reaching out to friends always helps. Also, learning what works is pretty important. Criticism doesn't work and gratitude does.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Sometimes it helps to get motivated if you have a Bible study partner. Also, there are times when it's just nice to rest in the Lord. This is going to sound very Calvanistic, but remember just like it was not through our efforts we were saved, it is also not through our efforts we are sanctified. Allow the Lord to lead you in all things, including prayer and Bible study, and you will grow in Him even those times you think you are having a dry spell.