• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/02/1972

SA have you worked out how long my piece of string is yet?God gave me the answer to how the earth was formed(the Bible) i can tell you how long my piece of string is.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

SA have you worked out how long my piece of string is yet?

Manofwork, asking cryptic or irrelevant questions will neither answer my arguments, or make you look intelligent or wise. A piece of string can, as you well know, be of arbitrary length, and since I neither have access to your piece of string, nor assurance that it even exists, then I cannot comment on it's length.

However, I can comment on the age of the earth, since I do know it exists, and do have access to experimental findings which confirm how old it is. Therefore unless you have a relevant comment on the state of the evidence or interpretation thereof, I suggest you desist in posting on my threads, thankyou.

God gave me the answer to how the earth was formed

Did you get it in a postcard? First class mail? A phone call perhaps? Did he happen to explain why independent dating methods agree that it is much older than you claim? Perhaps he told you how radiometric decay can occur faster than usual without the associated exothermic effects? Also, did he explain how angular unconformities occur without vast ammounts of time involved - oh, and did he explain the fossil record to you?

It's all well and good telling me that you have a direct line to God, but it's much harder actually explaining real evidence on the ground. Unless you can do this, then you will have little or nothing to add further to this or any other thread in which I present such evidence.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/02/1972

Its plain and simple he made it therefore its not that hard to understand.i never said i know how old the earth is just God made it

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Can you explain what you are saying here in a little bit less scientific term, so I could understand this alittle more. I remember talking about the molecule to a person, and we discussed how far they could see into the molecule, and then eventually they could not see more, the only way to see the more, is to see through the eyes of The Speed of Light, God is light. In tables there is more air, then natural matter, because the true matter is God, and is not of the matter, but is better then, and above this natural world, and this natural matter. Light is a position, a fellowship, a oneness that all things have to some degree.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Well Sa I believe its relevant as the Universe is being discussed on a clearly objective point of view.

followerofjesus,

What exactly do you want to know about antimatter though?

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I would like to know more about it. What it is. Where it comes from . No trick questions. I wouldn't deceive you my friend. You surely would know I would be misrepresenting my Lord in that case.

Guest arkon
Firstly, the concept of time machines which I talked about above was actually taken from a Christian website (Radiometric Dating from a Christian Perspective):

Define christian

Is it someone who claims to be one??

No.

Is it someone who keeps the word of Christ?

Yes.

The bible shows the earth to be 6000 years old +-.

You cannot claim the word of Christ on one hand,

and deny it on the other.

If counting the ages is not good enough for you, the look for Jesus own word.

Mat 23:35  that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3  All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made. Joh 1:4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.

Joh 1:6  There came a man, sent from God, whose name was John.

Joh 1:7  The same came for witness, that he might bear witness of the light, that all might believe through him.

Joh 1:8  He was not the light, but came that he might bear witness of the light.

Joh 1:9  There was the true light, even the light which lighteth every man, coming into the world.

Joh 1:10  He was in the world, and the world was made through him, and the world knew him not. Joh 1:11  He came unto his own, and they that were his own received him not.

Joh 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13  who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.

Jesus was there at the beginning. Jesus said the beginning was with adam. The first prophet slain was Abel.

Now you can have your 'sceintific theory" and you can have your 'self proclaimed christians" but true christians will compare both to the word of God (TRUTH) and judge the tree by its fruit.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't know about half lives changing, but I do know about whole lives. When Christ found me my whole life changed........

Sam

I would like to know more about it. What it is. Where it comes from .

Essentially, antimatter is a sort of mirror image of matter, with opposite charge. Let me give you an example. The most famous and common antimatter particle is a positron. It is identical to an electron in mass, but has a charge of +1 instead of -1.

When an electron and positron meet, they annihilate each other - they basically convert into energy. In other words, anti-matter is matter's charge opposite, and it also destroy normal matter on contact. Hope that explains it.

As for where is comes from, that is an excellent question. Actually, it is the natural product of some decays and reactions - the real question is, why is there not more of it? Antimatter and matter seem to be produced in roughly equal ammounts when new particles are produced from energetic collisions (like in a particle accelerator) - so if the Big Bang is true - why was there not an equal ammount of matter and anti-matter produced by it, which would then have annihilated each other?

This problem is called C-P Violation - the fact that clearly matter was produced more than anti-matter by the Big Bang. This is where my knowledge ends though I'm afraid, I don't know the answer to the problem, because I was never hot on cosmology in physics!

Define christian

Is it someone who claims to be one??

No.

Is it someone who keeps the word of Christ?

Yes.

The bible shows the earth to be 6000 years old +-.

You cannot claim the word of Christ on one hand,

and deny it on the other.

Hey, dude, go to the website, and write to him. I wrote to him, and he wrote me a kind reply, sure he'd do the same for you. However, I do believe his claim that he believes in Jesus AND that he believes that the earth is 5 billion years old. Clearly it's possible to believe in the two together, you'd have to ask him how he does it.