IGNORED

Cut and paste, send to 10 people in 10 minutes.

glorywatch

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

All of these imply

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

All of these imply

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

All of these imply 'luck'. Luck is random (haphazard, no purpose or pattern). I don't believe in luck. I also don't believe in the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny, Santa, lucky rabbits foot, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow are any of the so called "lucky things or charms" which if we use, hold, rub or wear, in some way will definitely make our life better.

What? No tooth fairy? :20:

Lol, sorry did I burst your bubble :20:

I have a trap out in my back yard for a unicorn. Someday.....

:thumbsup: see stark raving mad I tell ya! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

All of these imply

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

All of these imply

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Isn't it funny that when you receive a chain letter you're likely to pass it on. Unless it is about Jesus Christ.

Why do you hesitate? Are you afraid that your friends will taunt you for you belief?

So if you send this on, then it is obvious that your love for Jesus is strong. If you don't....."

That particular one really infuriated me. Chain emails generally get under my skin to begin with, but to imply my need to prove my belief in Christ is dependent on an email . . . grrrrrr! :24:

I like to read the stuff, but I, too, think that what they're telling me is that if I don't send it on, I don't love God. I don't send the things on for that very reason! My love for God is not based upon whether I forward Christian emails or not. They may try for the guilt trip, but I got off THAT merry-go-round a long time ago!

Well said PA!

:th_praying:

Phew, at least I know now that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Cheers, guys :24: Edited by ParanoidAndroid

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I see this thread is a touch old, but...

A few months ago, I got a similar email. I'm trying to think back, I think it may have been a sort of "Praying for you" email. I don't remember exactly but I think that may have been the gist. Anyway, forward it to as many people as possible (don't remember if there was a number) as well as the person who sent it to you.

If you are a Christian, you will stand up for Christ and if you send this on, that is evidence that you do not fear standing up for Christ. It lets the implication hang that if you don't forward it on, you must be afraid of what others will think of you if they know about your faith. And if that's the case, you *must* not *really* be a Christian.

I will admit, before I deleted the email, I had pause. What will the person who forwarded it to me think about whether or not I'm a Christian if they do not receive a forward back from me? Does my failure to send it on indicate lack of faith? After a couple minutes, I hit delete.

Here are some thoughts:

1. I can pray for someone without sending them a forward.

2. If I want to indicate to someone that they are in my prayers, I can send them a nice personalized note, rather than a forward.

3. Cute (or not-so-cute) emails do not indicate the level of one's faith. Hey, an unbeliever can send the forward along. And, in my case, a believer can hit delete. Whether or not one forwards an email does not indicate their level of faith (though perhaps an unbeliever won't be so likely to pass along a Christian forward, it could happen, if for no other reason than perhaps to make themselves look good).

4. There are annoying forwards on varying topics -- I submit that we might even be...I'm not sure what the right term is... I guess what I'm trying to say is we don't want God to be just another subject of "another one of those annoying email forwards". I have more respect for God than to throw Him out there as an annoying forward. Similar to what I said in point #2, if I want to talk about my faith/talk about God to someone, I can do so in my own words in a personalized email. Which I think would be better received by most than a forward.

I don't usually get those chain letters. My email account is set so that anything coming in that doesn't have an entry in the address book automagically gets consigned to the "spam" folder. Once there I can hit the DELETE key, and send them into the electronic ether.

:emot-highfive::laugh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/26/1969

I get those alot also, & sometimes get the same email more than 3 times a day. I try to ignore them & just delete them. God knows my heart & i dont need to prove it to the folks sending emails.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

I don't usually get those chain letters. My email account is set so that anything coming in that doesn't have an entry in the address book automagically gets consigned to the "spam" folder. Once there I can hit the DELETE key, and send them into the electronic ether.

:emot-highfive::laugh:

Ooooo, I need that "automagically" done to my email. Actually I sort of have it, but at times the email I want goes to the junk folder and junk to the inbox. Gotta love technology at times.