• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

Death Toll in Nigeria Riots 500-600 - Christians

1 hour, 33 minutes ago Add World - Reuters to My Yahoo!

KANO, Nigeria (Reuters) - Christian community leaders said 500-600 people, mostly Christians, were killed in two days of rioting by Muslims in the northern Nigerian city of Kano.

Reuters Photo

Rev. Andrew Ubah, General Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria in Kano, told Reuters that he had records of almost 600 killed in the rioting by Muslims seeking to avenge the killing of hundreds of Muslims in central Nigeria last week.

"Almost 600 people have been killed and 12 churches burned," Ubah said, adding he was keeping a tally of the dead based on information from ministers across Nigeria's second largest city.

His estimate is far higher than the official death toll given by the police Wednesday of 30 dead.

David Emmanuel, a factory worker, said he saw two truck loads of bodies being driven along Kano streets Wednesday night and counted at least 30 bodies in the street.

Two Reuters correspondents have seen another 35 corpses.

"Hundreds of people were killed," said Mark Amani, a leader of minority Christians originally from nearby Kaduna state.

"Some corpses were burned in wells. Even little children were killed. The bodies of pregnant women were ripped open and their bodies burned."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

oh my ..........brothers and sisters .......we are definately being persecuted........

let us stand fast to our profession of our faith............

"Some corpses were burned in wells. Even little children were killed. The bodies of pregnant women were ripped open and their bodies burned."

this is our enemy folks. Islam literally is translated as "Submission"

Don't ever forget this. We are in a real battle now....we can't just take up our ball and go home

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I think I'm gonna get sick now...'scuze me...This is overload for me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

UGhh!!! I am tired of the fighting!!!! This is ridiculous!!!!!

And how long are the Nigerians going to suffer??? I have been doing research on that whole region on account of that is where I want to serve God at.........it is quite disturbing.

The torture, the pain, the persecution.

Father ,may they find relief soon!

this has been happening to Sudanese christians since 1988. Over 2 million of them have been massacred....to deafening silence of christians worldwide.

This is nothing new, folks.

That is another reason why we are drawn into the war on terrorism. To save our brothers in the faith who are being literally murdered for the cause of Christ all over the world.

I wrote a song about Sudan in 1999. It's called "Forgotten People" and a friend of mine who is a Sudanese MUSLIM said the Lord's Prayer in Sudanese and also read from Romans 8 to help me. He knows what is going on is wrong.

You can hear the song at this link if you want. Big Methuselah

There are many muslims who also are sickened by this...but they live in fear and intimidation from the brutal rulers of the Islamic world. They need our help just as much as our christian brothers do....

Guest charlie
this has been happening to Sudanese christians since 1988. Over 2 million of them have been massacred....to deafening silence of christians worldwide.

A sad truth. Another sad truth is that there's no oil there. That's why our govt. hasn't come to their defense....at least in my opinion. If doing the humanitarian thing and fighting terrorists was really our concern then we should have gone "all out" by now especially since so many of our countrymen say we're a "Christian nation".

These people are black aren't they?

Edited by charlie

Actually there is a lot of oil there...in the south where the christians are.

The Islamists of the north want them off the land.

Slavery is still alive and well here also. The governmental forces will bomb elementary schools, hospitals, and churches. They invade villages, kill the men and enslave the children. Girls become sex slaves for the army while boys are sent to Koran school.

It's unbelievably atrocious.

Voice of the Martyrs has been helping our brothers and could use our help if'n ya'll want to get involved.

www.persecution.com

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,139
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

this is our enemy folks. Islam literally is translated as "Submission"

Don't ever forget this. We are in a real battle now....we can't just take up our ball and go home

you are absolutely correct. The only reason it is not happening here is numbers of people.