IGNORED

Are we obligated to give others a ride to church?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

How can you say that they are trying to look holy? Do you really know whats in there heart as to why they are in church the Bible says judge not that ye be not judged when to point a finger you have three pointing back at you . Yes the Bible ssays if you dont work you shouldnt eat but i am talking about what you said about they are trying to look holy is wrong for you to say..

Aren't you judging me...uh oh 3 fingers pointing back at you. It is called common sense by the information given us.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/11/1963

How can you say that they are trying to look holy? Do you really know whats in there heart as to why they are in church the Bible says judge not that ye be not judged when to point a finger you have three pointing back at you . Yes the Bible ssays if you dont work you shouldnt eat but i am talking about what you said about they are trying to look holy is wrong for you to say..

Aren't you judging me...uh oh 3 fingers pointing back at you. It is called common sense by the information given us.

no I am not judging you spreaking the truth in love when you are wrong is not judging like I ask do you are the one who sent this post know what is really in there hearts ? Not by what someone is saying do you really know there hearts because you said they try to look holy how do you know that did the person tell you that I dont think they said anything about that these boys try to look holy in there thread.so you are judging them where in the thread did it say that they are trying to look holy I didnt see it

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/11/1963

no I am not judging you spreaking the truth in love when you are wrong is not judging like I ask do you are the one who sent this post know what is really in there hearts ? Not by what someone is saying do you really know there hearts because you said they try to look holy how do you know that did the person tell you that I dont think they said anything about that these boys try to look holy in there thread.so you are judging them where in the thread did it say that they are trying to look holy I didnt see it

I am not tryin to judge you all I am saying is when we accuse, question or critize a brother in Christ, we are actuall siding with the enemy. Only God knows the intents of the heart and therefore He is theonlyOne who can truly judge what is going on in the hearts of others .Oh believe me I know I have pointed fingers before and God has corrected me on this I just try not to let any corrupt word come out of my mouth except for which is good for the edifing so it mat impart grace to the hearer if they are having proplems with the gas yes I would sat tell them but I wouldnt sat what you said that thy are tryinto look holy you as well as I will give accoun t for every idle word that comes out of our mouth. sorry if you got offended and we are here to help one another not to argue . Lover in Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

its been some time since i have been involved in this forum or had the chance to read the posts due to my new job as a male carer and working towards certificate 4 in aged care and the recent typhoon that hit the philippines with sevral lives lost last saturday i am sending money home to my partner and my in laws

and i do my best to help out any one in need with out asking for any money or deciding they are not worthy of me picking them up and taking them to church

my old church had a 22 seater coaster and this bus was used to pick familys up who could not make it to church the money for petrol was payed from the tythes we got each sunday and so was the rego for the bus

vans are cheap to get and so are 22 seater coasters this can be used as an out reach tool where you provide a service

if its a problem you should have said it straight out i cant pick you up no use beating around the bush making excuses christians are good at this i too find it hard to get to church these days due to ringing around seeing if any one is wiling to give me a ride i always pay my way and sevral times i have walked in the rain and in the cold to church

i am living in the city i started my walk when i was young it takes a good half hour to walk to church i have to get up early i leave home at 7.25 and get to church at 8.45am i miss half the morning service but i stay for the family service which starts at 10.30am

their are times i dont make it due to being let down but i dont say nothing and just pray over the ones who let me down

i was not going to say nothing and just log off after going over some of the topics in this forum

you will find that the lord wil bless you and he will meet your needs if you are strugling with gas or petrol

not many are wiling to give lifts to people who are new and not many churches offer the service my old church offered

my old pastors makes sure no one misses out and if its a problem he gives our members who are strugling money to fill the car up with out expecting anything back this is how its done in the country but i am seeing city towns are a bit diffrent

i have just worked out the bus system so i wil know be catching the bus its even hard asking for a lift when you do not know no one

god bless from damo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I am not tryin to judge you all I am saying is when we accuse, question or critize a brother in Christ, we are actuall siding with the enemy.

Exactly the reason the church is such a farce this day and age. And add one more thing accept anything in the name of Jesus Christ.

The following scriptures are examples of accusing, questioning, or expeling...Inside and outside the church...

Matthew 23 NIV

Jesus Says:

33"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Matthew 3 NIV

John the Baptists Says:

"You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

1 Corinthians 5:1 NIV

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

church should not be just for those with cars other wise you might as well put out signs on your front lawn saying we only want members who have transport and dont bother asking for a lift

if you read threw the new testament you will see they had no formal transport Jesus walked and so did the disciples and so did the apostle paul Jesus could have brought horses or rode a donkey to the villages we read about in the new testament

as i read threw the new testament i am starting to see what jesus was really saying and why he had such an effect and an impact

i am not picking on any one hear who has there own car and can get to church every sunday

but think for one moment what i would be like for a family who cant afford a car or put money aside for gas the repairs that need to be done and then for the rego

there are also some people that cant pass the drivers test

having your licence opens up many doors it gives you the freedom to do what you want with out ussing the public transport or bumming a ride or standing on the highway hitching a ride

we did a survey in the country town i was living in and the answers we got blew us away

what the survey was is this

if you were offered a lift or a service was provided by the local churches to pick you and your family up so you can attend church if you want to come would you use the service the local churches provide

how this came about we got talking in our mens group as there were sevral guys like my self who had no way of getting to church our pastor listened and he saw that the pastors could provide and meet a need in our community wher no one misses out

why should people with cars feel that church is only for them

in a country town it can be hard and its hard when you do not know no one

so what if some one does not offer petrol for you going out off your way to pick them up bring them to church and then bring them home i have seen where god provided not just money for petrol but for the rego the bus we had was given to us it needed some work before it could be road worthy

not once did our drivers who offered to pick the familys who had no way of getting to church ask for money we did this out off love we had people who were living on their own and the only human contac they had was from us

this also gave people the chance to be involved like coming to prayer meetings or to what ever we had going on my pastor made sure no one missed out

soon sevral other pastors started doing what we where doing

only know is this being discussed in my church and a list is put up the back every sunday and people who would like to come to church all they have to do is put their phone number and adress down and the pastor rings you threw the week teling you who is going to pick you up

we should be willing to put the hand out no matter what the flesh might be saying

if you where to go back in time when Jesus was alive would you put up with what Jesus and the disciples had to put up with think how hard it was for them they walked to the villages we read about in the new testament Jesus did not ride a donkey to the villages we read about in the new testament he was a fit man and so where the disciples

be willing to ofer a lift with out complaining

God bless from damo

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Has anyone bothered to ask the church to help with the gas? If the man is willing to continue, but needs gas money, they may help. Who knows, this is a ministry in and of itself.

Be Blessed,

OneLight

This is an excellent idea. :24:

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

You know, I'm going to revive this topic with one comment and a question.

I don't have a car. I do work, but not enough to be able to afford a car, insurance and gas (especially at almost 5 bucks a gallon). I also live 7 minutes from work, but probably an hour and a half (walking time) from my church. Take into consideration that 3/4ths of the time here in Florida the temperature is over 90 degrees and stormy, and recently I have been told that there are LOTS of alligators hanging around the church property.

Do I ask for a ride to church? With all those factors, YOU BETCHA!!!

When I do have the money, I do pay for gasoline. However, most of the time, I don't. I thank God for the sisters and brothers who give me a ride home. Even from work, they do so. In fact, my store manager gave me a ride home just today, he didn't have to---in fact, it was a little bit out of his way, but he did so, and it gave me a few minutes to chat about things I needed to talk about with him.

Should I feel guilty about not being able to pay for gas? I sure do, but I'm not about to rob God of an opportunity to bless someone or for someone to be a blessing. Yes, I think the OP might have been "taken for a ride" by an unscrupulous person, but he/she should consider it to be a chance to be a blessing to someone. Consider it serving God.

Doesn't it say in the Scriptures that you might be administering to angels unaware? Consider that before complaining about someone's situation. If God is God, He will provide a way of getting you gas money if you serve Him.

After all, isn't one of God's names Jehovah Jirah???

a.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

There are many things we take for granted that are going off the top of the "costs scale" in these last days. Gasoline is only one of them. The book of Revelation tells us that when the "horsemen ride" all prices will go out of sight ... doubling, tripling, etc.... and even indications that products, food products will be "hurt" or in short supply do to natural disasters. They (the hosemen) are told not to hurt the "oil or the wine". We have witnessed all sorts of shortages and food disasters from floods to infections like e-coli and salmanila (sp?) but, olive oil and grapes have not been really affected.

And neither is the saint in as much as any sort of lack. My point is is that we are to continue in the Faith and showing Faith that God will supply our every need until Jesus returns! That may require changes in our daily lives and habits but, as David said; "In all of my years/life, I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor begging for bread..."(paraphrased).

The Lord moved us (my wife and myself) out of mainline church to initiate meetings in our (and others) homes. I have forseen that as the antichrist gains more power (even before his revealing) and control over the buying and selling of anything, that "money" will not be an option much longer and that is what is required to purchase gasoline and pay rent/mortgages/heating/cooling, et al in any church building.

I expect that over the next few years we (my wife and I ) will need to shed a lot of possessions and may need to move into portable housing like a tent or whatever and travel by foot as Jesus and Paul did. If so, so be it. But I know we will never lack before during or even after the antichrist and world systems have utter control for their breif and greivous moments.