IGNORED

Anyone else noticed the spike in food prices the last couple of weeks?

Shad

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

time to forget the list, take your weekly grocery money and whatever you see on sale, buy a whole pile of it. i plan to get a winter's worth of groceries before september and hope it all levels out by by spring '09.

that is exactly what I am doing now, shopping the sales...reading the flyers for the first time in years. I'm waiting for flour to go on sale so I can buy a winter's worth of that for sure.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

time to forget the list, take your weekly grocery money and whatever you see on sale, buy a whole pile of it. i plan to get a winter's worth of groceries before september and hope it all levels out by by spring '09.

that is exactly what I am doing now, shopping the sales...reading the flyers for the first time in years. I'm waiting for flour to go on sale so I can buy a winter's worth of that for sure.

this is wisdom.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/29/1986

i understand... i hate veggies too. but here where i live, prices skyrocketed on everything long ago. a loaf of bread here averages about $3. i used to hit the deli counter at walmart neighborhood market for lunchmeats because they were the cheapest place around, but even there i'm having to pay 8-9 bucks a pound for peppered turkey for my husband's lunches. there've been times that i've broken down and bought those little bitty packages of carl buddig lunchmeats. heck, even those are almost a buck now. i used to get them three for a dollar.

I live in an apartment building and so i don't have much space but i am currently growing tmatoes,corn,radisihes,bell peppers,onions,and a varity of cooking spices on my balcony.Its alot of fun to see the food you eat grow from the seeds you planted.I love it.As for you big meat eaters out there I have yet to devise a way to keep cattle on my balcony but I'm working on it lol :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

:24::24::taped:

Spam Spam The Wonder In A Can

Fat, Fat ain't where it's at! In other words......no, no Joe! :24:

i understand... i hate veggies too. but here where i live, prices skyrocketed on everything long ago. a loaf of bread here averages about $3. i used to hit the deli counter at walmart neighborhood market for lunchmeats because they were the cheapest place around, but even there i'm having to pay 8-9 bucks a pound for peppered turkey for my husband's lunches. there've been times that i've broken down and bought those little bitty packages of carl buddig lunchmeats. heck, even those are almost a buck now. i used to get them three for a dollar.

I live in an apartment building and so i don't have much space but i am currently growing tmatoes,corn,radisihes,bell peppers,onions,and a varity of cooking spices on my balcony.Its alot of fun to see the food you eat grow from the seeds you planted.I love it.As for you big meat eaters out there I have yet to devise a way to keep cattle on my balcony but I'm working on it lol :24:

If you come up with anything....PLEASE post it! Steak is at about $7.00 a pound! :24:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Haha I could just picture a cow on a balcony...only in India! It is great that you grow as much as you can...there's nothing better for you! You might get away with a couple of chickens and have fresh eggs for breakfast every day:>)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

Lol!!!!!!!!!! I thought this was going to be a serious thread :24::24::24:

My guess is that it is more than a "spike". With the storms that destroyed many of the crops in the midwest (corn and soy beans in particular) prices could continue to rise. thats God that s believers we serve a God who is greater than our circumstances

I've noticed that so much of what was destroyed were corn crops....maybe God's way of saying 'Hey fools, corn is food, not fuel'? :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

My guess is that it is more than a "spike". With the storms that destroyed many of the crops in the midwest (corn and soy beans in particular) prices could continue to rise. thats God that s believers we serve a God who is greater than our circumstances

I've noticed that so much of what was destroyed were corn crops....maybe God's way of saying 'Hey fools, corn is food, not fuel'? :whistling:

awhile back, i read that we eat so much corn, we may as well be a walking frito. maybe this will be a needed correction - LOL

Lol!!!!!!!!!! I thought this was going to be a serious thread :whistling::emot-drums::group-hug:

Joe started it! It was serious before he started spamming it up! :emot-hug: