Presbyterian assembly votes to drop gay clergy ban

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), bitterly divided over sexuality and the Bible, set up another confrontation Friday over its ban on ordaining non-celibate gays and lesbians.

The denomination's General Assembly, meeting in San Jose, Calif., voted 54 percent to 46 percent Friday to drop the requirement that would-be ministers, deacons and elders live in "fidelity within the covenant of marriage between and a man and a woman, or chastity in singleness."

(snip)

Of equal importance to advocates on both side of the debate, the assembly also voted to allow gay and lesbian candidates for ordination to conscientiously object to the existing standard. Local presbyteries and church councils that approve ordinations would consider such requests on a case-by-case basis.

(snip)

Another vote Friday signaled the church was not eager to change another institution. The assembly voted 77 percent to 33 percent to preserve the church's definition of marriage as a covenant between "a man and a woman," rather than changing it to "two people."

Link here

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

This news should not shock or surprise anyone. The church from it's inception has been compromising and changing our G-d's laws and commandments.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

This news should not shock or surprise anyone. The church from it's inception has been compromising and changing our G-d's laws and commandments.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. So now the Presbyterian's are evil? I'd like to know what fraction of Christianity is perfect. :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Imperfections and direct defilements of Scripture are two entirely different things, chapmac.

You should know the difference.

Imperfections and direct defilements of Scripture are two entirely different things, chapmac.

I was speaking on the generalization of the Presbyterian church as a whole. It is pretty offensive to make a comment blasting a church since its inception like that, and you should know that.

Edited by chapmac

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Gosh ...I thought I read the words "The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.),"....

In the last days...

we should not be surprised at the death in our culture as we are dead in our trespasses and sins until we are born again..

Something that brings me comfort in these days of mans inhumanity to man and the complete moral decline of not just our culture but in the so called church ...

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

All mankind is in this condition..

All creation...

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Maranatha!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

Gosh ...I thought I read the words "The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.),"....

In the last days...

we should not be surprised at the death in our culture as we are dead in our trespasses and sins until we are born again..

Something that brings me comfort in these days of mans inhumanity to man and the complete moral decline of not just our culture but in the so called church ...

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

All mankind is in this condition..

All creation...

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Maranatha!!

AMEN, IT is really sad when Churches are dividing because of Compromise, and it is really sad when we have to defend the marriage covenant between a man and a woman, In the Book of Genesis it says, God created Adam and he did not want him to be alone, so he created a WOMAN, NOT A MAN FOR ADAM, THIS WORLD IS GOING TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET BECAUSE OF COMPROMISE. ALL I CAN SAY IS KEEP LOOKING UP FOR OUR REDEMPITON DRAWEITH NIGH. PARDON MY CAPS, IT IS REALLY SAD THAT THE U S A, IS NO LONGER A CHRISTIAN NATION, WOE TO AMERICA - YSIC LITTLELITE

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Who would expect other from a denomination in the possession of the anti-christ?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was speaking on the generalization of the Presbyterian church as a whole. It is pretty offensive to make a comment blasting a church since its inception like that, and you should know that.

OK - I see what you were saying. My apologies.

I had the impression you were defending the Presbyterians position, to which I felt angry about, and clouded my perception on what was spoken. I knee-jerk reacted rather than carefully considering the fine details of the posts.

Again, my apologies.

OK - I see what you were saying. My apologies.

I had the impression you were defending the Presbyterians position, to which I felt angry about, and clouded my perception on what was spoken. I knee-jerk reacted rather than carefully considering the fine details of the posts.

Again, my apologies.

No worries.